Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

my e36 touring

Well i got this 96 manual 318i Dunedin new, ex demo at a steal as its abit ruff but was mechanically looked after and was just going to keep it as is for a daily driver to run around in for work, but as usual it didnt stay that way for long.

Did abit of maintaince to it first tho, so did belts, lower arms and windscreen (insurance) for a wof and while I was at it replaced all filters, waterpump, thermostat, coolant, engine oil, and will be doing box and diff over holidays

post-5102-1354956148.jpg

post-5102-1354956409.jpg

decided to get some wheels for it an of course had to lower it to suit

went for a set of refurbed 18x8 style 32s, 20 offest with 215/30/18 tyres, unfortunantly the clear coat is cracking and yellowing so might get redone in a new colour. just got some jamex superlows for springs

post-5102-1354956425.jpg

then decided that i should tidy up the body work and that an Mtech wagon would be the way to go so got everything i needed thanks to Brent and Paulo.

the paint was in terrible condition, was a off-white colour and covered in marks but after hours of claybarring, touchup painting, polishing and waxing it has come up a treat! is now a bright white as if it was new again. super stoked!

also added afew personal touches such as U.S spec corner lights (so indicators glow as parks instead of highbeams)

frenched highbeams, redded tail lights, roof rails-still need to make defuser, afew stickers here and there and ofcourse the main talking piece, the vinyled roof.

also europlates to be fitted when they get here

post-5102-1354956444.jpg

post-5102-1354956458.jpg

post-5102-1354956473.jpg

post-5102-1354956499.jpg

post-5102-1354956518.jpg

post-5102-1354956535.jpg

post-5102-1354956553.jpg

post-5102-1354956585.jpg

post-5102-1354956629.jpg

and a couple of its big brother, the 328i, also Dunedin new and manual

post-5102-1354956605.jpg

post-5102-1354956616.jpg

want to get a sports wheel as mines peeling aswell as the gearknob, some sport seats and rust out the bonnet and tints then il be happy with it, untill i get more serious about a s50 conversion that is :D

Edited by euroriffic

Love both the cars! Especially the wagon! The wheels and mtech kit make it! (I am partial to the wheels!) Not sure about the tiles on the roof though :lol:

cheers! yea the roof was ment to be an all black but when i was redoing the front corner it pulled the clearcoat with it and wouldnt stick back down so had to pull it all off which took even more clear coat off so did the roof to try hide alot of it. wasnt so sure when i did it but im quite liking it now

cheers! yea the roof was ment to be an all black but when i was redoing the front corner it pulled the clearcoat with it and wouldnt stick back down so had to pull it all off which took even more clear coat off so did the roof to try hide alot of it. wasnt so sure when i did it but im quite liking it now

All black would've worked well, keeping in theme with the black wing mirrors (jealous) and the fog light blanks. Honestly wish I had amber indicators too! Two great cars!

All black would've worked well, keeping in theme with the black wing mirrors (jealous) and the fog light blanks. Honestly wish I had amber indicators too! Two great cars!

I was going to get the roof re done black professionally but tbh don't know if I want to now!

I used to have the clear indicators on the sedan but put the Ambers back in and made it look so much better imo

Well it looks like you'll be able to play roof checkers this summer! Posted Image

Haha if we get one that is!

Should make up a set using BMW models haha

WOW.

That's quite a transformation.

Not being rude, but it went from an ordinary piece of crap to pretty awesome looking!

Looks good, there's a teddy bear on your fuel flap.

WOW.

That's quite a transformation.

Not being rude, but it went from an ordinary piece of crap to pretty awesome looking!

No, that pretty much sums it up Allan!

Was very ordinary and crappy when I got it. Missing afew parts here and there aswell. The lady I brought it off ( second owner, first was her mum) thought I was just going to use it for parts!

Looks good, there's a teddy bear on your fuel flap.

Haha yea thats peado bear, just rocking out

It's impressive how much better the E36s can look with a full M-tec body kit.

In stock form they pass as one of the most dull 90s cars around, but transform to something worth a second look once M kitted. Good job.

Edited by Michael.

Thanks for the comments guys, and yes the budget e36 just looks so naff with it's grey bumpers. Don't know why they were even brought out like that, just look so cheap and bland

Fresh!

How'd you do the yellow high beams?

seperated the light then had to cut the sealant around the lense and pull it out, put yellow film on, re silicon lense and re assemble

Good to see another e36 touring! Looks the part with the kit and stance.

Got bored today so put the 19s from the M3 on and some pics of it with the rusted bonnet Ive been meaning to put up for ages

post-5102-1364799469.jpg

post-5102-1364799480.jpg

post-5102-1364799491.jpg

post-5102-1364799522.jpg

post-5102-1364799534.jpg

Style 32s are much better! Then again I am biased... Didn't think I'd like the rusted hood at all but it came up decent! I actually like the finish on it.

Yea Im thinking I like it better on the 32s as well tbh. Since Ive got them off might as well price them up for a refurb, paints gone all yellowey on them. I was abit sus about the bonnet too before I put it on but now that I have Im lovin' it. Had it sitting on a slight angle in the back yard when I was applying the rusting soultion so has given it that ty-dyed look about it. only think that lets it down is my poor spraying skills as you can see the clearcoat has afew runs but im hoping with a light sand itll come up alright

Might be worth getting some timber themed roof racks, would complete the rustic look.

My only question, when it rains etc, don't you get trails of red iron oxide getting in and around various gaps and body trim pieces?

Rad! Did you just use a spray can for the clear coat? I haven't coated mine yet so gotta check the forecast before I put it on and go for a drive haha