Sign in to follow this  
viettt

NZ New E30

Hello!

So I bought another E30 today.

NZ New, 1990 325i.

Unfortunately... it's an automatic.

The interior is just normal fabric, nothing special but a good fine!

Can't think of anything else apart from everything in this car is still original... that's all I think!!

Thanks and enjoy!

Viet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by viettt

Are those photos of your car or your house? Haha.

Great buy, I think we all had that on our watchlist! The seats aren't normal cloth, notice the sides are cloth too, and the cloth is more luxurious, harder wearing E34 cloth.

Are those photos of your car or your house? Haha.

Great buy, I think we all had that on our watchlist! The seats aren't normal cloth, notice the sides are cloth too, and the cloth is more luxurious, harder wearing E34 cloth.

Just thought the photos looked good, never really thought of that! haha.

Yeah was on TradeMe :D

Really? Didn't know that, but it was a late 1990 model. Bought it December I think it was. But yeah, was a good buy.

Nice, so which one do you like best? do they both feel similar to drive or feel a bit different? often at this age they can vary quite a lot, depending on how worn out the original suspension is, also the steering rack, does one feel like it has less play then the other?

I love driving mine since getting decent suspension, but haven't been driving it much, my new house is almost built at Rangiora, so once I am away from the rough roads of New Brighton i'll get out in it more.

I am doing the 1/4 Mile drags in mine on Sunday at Ruapuna.

I decided to give it a good thrashing, as I have just purchased an 85,000k gearbox, so might as well give the current one a hard time and see how close I can get to the factory 1/4 mile time, which I believe is around 15.5-15.8 seconds for a manual 325i.

Hopefully mine does ok, since it has no Cat, + a Miller Maf conversion + dyno tuned map.

Edited by Charles32

Nice buy. Whereabouts in Burwood are you? I have just moved into Dallington so will keep an eye out for both of them

Nice, so which one do you like best? do they both feel similar to drive or feel a bit different? often at this age they can vary quite a lot, depending on how worn out the original suspension is, also the steering rack, does one feel like it has less play then the other?

I love driving mine since getting decent suspension, but haven't been driving it much, my new house is almost built at Rangiora, so once I am away from the rough roads of New Brighton i'll get out in it more.

I am doing the 1/4 Mile drags in mine on Sunday at Ruapuna.

I decided to give it a good thrashing, as I have just purchased an 85,000k gearbox, so might as well give the current one a hard time and see how close I can get to the factory 1/4 mile time, which I believe is around 15.5-15.8 seconds for a manual 325i.

Hopefully mine does ok, since it has no Cat, + a Miller Maf conversion + dyno tuned map.

Personally, I like both. The pale blue one is easier to handle, steering wheel is a bit lighter so makes turning easier, the brakes are more sensitive and it picks up a bit faster even tho they're both 2.5. It feels faster in general, feels lighter than my dark one!! But the engine of my dark on is in better condition than the pale blue one and is quieter than the pale one. But, my dark one feels a lot nicer. It's harder, heavier and sturdier and feels better to drive. Feels more solid. It's more good for just cruising. Good for when you just want to drive, that's just my opinion. But my darker one feels like it has less play than the other haha.

What kind of suspension did you get? I was suppose to look into it, I think you posted in my other thread!

Wow, that's pretty good, what will you be doing with your old gear box? Should defiantly tell me how it goes doing the 1/4 mile drag.

I think I'll keep both Auto for now and change it to Manual in a few years, most likely the pale blue one.

They're both quite different!

Edited by viettt

Nice buy. Whereabouts in Burwood are you? I have just moved into Dallington so will keep an eye out for both of them

Near QE2 drive, but i'm around Riccarton, Fendalton, Ilam area a lot because of Uni etc etc.

Also around the Shirley area a lot but always go home by driving down QE2 drive.

Sometimes go by the Avon river and the Avon area.

My dad will be driving them as well, we'll be switching around haha.

Personally, I like both. The pale blue one is easier to handle, steering wheel is a bit lighter so makes turning easier, the brakes are more sensitive and it picks up a bit faster even tho they're both 2.5. It feels faster in general, feels lighter than my dark one!! But the engine of my dark on is in better condition than the pale blue one and is quieter than the pale one. But, my dark one feels a lot nicer. It's harder, heavier and sturdier and feels better to drive. Feels more solid. It's more good for just cruising. Good for when you just want to drive, that's just my opinion. But my darker one feels like it has less play than the other haha.

What kind of suspension did you get? I was suppose to look into it, I think you posted in my other thread!

Wow, that's pretty good, what will you be doing with your old gear box? Should defiantly tell me how it goes doing the 1/4 mile drag.

I think I'll keep both Auto for now and change it to Manual in a few years, most likely the pale blue one.

They're both quite different!

The pale one may just need the valve adjustment done, its meant to be done every 30,000k or so I think.

The Dark one may feel heavier because it probably is, the SA ones have a bigger fuel tank, a sump guard, bigger tool kit etc.

I'll have to come and have a nosey at your cars sometime and take you for a drive in mine so you can see how worth while a suspension upgrade and manual conversion is :)

I also wonder if the SA Built ones have stiffer springs, as I found that mine seemed to ride fairly hard even when stock, (Compared to a UK Import one I used to own).

The pale one may just need the valve adjustment done, its meant to be done every 30,000k or so I think.

The Dark one may feel heavier because it probably is, the SA ones have a bigger fuel tank, a sump guard, bigger tool kit etc.

I'll have to come and have a nosey at your cars sometime and take you for a drive in mine so you can see how worth while a suspension upgrade and manual conversion is :)

I also wonder if the SA Built ones have stiffer springs, as I found that mine seemed to ride fairly hard even when stock, (Compared to a UK Import one I used to own).

Oh! Didn't know that, might have to get it checked out.

Yeah my dark one is heavier, feels better to drive in my opinion. Feels more complete and yeah, the tool kit is a lot bigger!

Just PM me whenever, i'll give you my number or something and just flick me a call or something. Free anytime. Wouldn't mind taking a look at your E30!

I'm not sure about the stiffer springs, cause both my E30s springs are quite stiff.

Nice SE!

It's Glacier Blue - Dad's E30 is the exact same car, but manual and with the factory 15" basketweaves. His has nearly 220K on it though, but he's had it about 15 years.

Yours was made 2 months later than his, but your was registered december 1990. Dads was registered April 1991 - I have a funny feeling it may have been parked at BMW NZ for a while or something.

When we saw Dads on the yard, I thought it was a bit of an old man colour, but it REALLY suits the E30, and somehow looks far more modern than most of the other colours.

Very nice!

What beauties you have!

Thanks mate!

Nice SE!

It's Glacier Blue - Dad's E30 is the exact same car, but manual and with the factory 15" basketweaves. His has nearly 220K on it though, but he's had it about 15 years.

Yours was made 2 months later than his, but your was registered december 1990. Dads was registered April 1991 - I have a funny feeling it may have been parked at BMW NZ for a while or something.

When we saw Dads on the yard, I thought it was a bit of an old man colour, but it REALLY suits the E30, and somehow looks far more modern than most of the other colours.

Very nice!

Yeah, it was registered December 1990. 220K is quite a bit, does she still run like a gem?

It really does, there aren't many colors that "REALLY" suit the E30s but when you find one, they're amazing.

Have you seen the photos to my other E30? The color on it is quite nice too! Just needs an IS Lip.

Maybe some Basketweaves on it, maybe even on both. Not sure!!!

Linky

That's tidy, mate. And great photos too!

Thanks man!!

Putting more up later today!

Edited by viettt

So tidy! Nice work, loving that colour. Should organize a e30 photo session sometime soon, could get around 5 cars if we're lucky.

So tidy! Nice work, loving that colour. Should organize a e30 photo session sometime soon, could get around 5 cars if we're lucky.

That wouldn't be too bad! I got some decent skills with a camera! Why not?!

Clean rides!

Thank you very much!! :D

Looks great, I am on the lookout for a nice face lift E30 SE 325i myself, very nice cars.

Looks great, I am on the lookout for a nice face lift E30 SE 325i myself, very nice cars.

Thinking of selling mine to be honest! PM me if interested. Don't like it as much as my SA Built 325i!

I know its going to be too expensive for me, but how much?

I know its going to be too expensive for me, but how much?

I sent you a price through PM haha, go have a look and get back to me :D