Sign in to follow this  
actletpone

4km/h speed threshold for 62 days

Laser Jammer. Works well on the E55.

• Like 1

A few peeps pulled over on the way up to Bay of Islands, also a very visible "Police SAFETY Camera" van, well that's what it said on the side anyways!!

... a very visible "Police SAFETY Camera" van, well that's what it said on the side anyways!!

ROFL !

Well, 'tis the season to be gullible!

I bought a V1, it's prevented all problems i may have had, It's been going off like crazy these holidays. Most of them were cops that had already pulled people over :)

Anyone with experience or observations Akl -> Tauranga/Mount? I drove down on Sunday (via SH2 and Matamata)? The only cop I saw was at Mt Wellington. What did I miss? Lol.

Yep that's the road to take to avoid most of the police. The problem I face is there are at least 3-4 speed camera vans whichever way you go, and they're generally placed on passing lanes and speed traps. Taking the Tahuna turn off just before huntly is another way to go - adds about 30km I think... but there's some fun roads and its generally quiet (also never seen a cop on it).

Apparently half of NZ Herald readers agree that speed limit tolerance should only be 4 kph above the limit for year round.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11180340

Aucklanders eh.

Vote differently if you don't agree with this (clueless) half.

• Like 1

Stats 101 in action. 2/3s? Nope. Less than that, and then only if you add those who want it full-time to those who want it part-time.

You could word that survey in a different way, and get a different result. In town, in 30km/h (and possibly 50kmh) limits, a 4km/h tolerance has a place. On the highway, it doesn't.

Edit: Here's an alternative. Increase the multi-carriageway limit to 110km/h.

Edited by gjm
  • Like 1

So i drove from taupo to northland and back.

up on 30th back on the 1st.

up was fine, nice open roads. not hard to stick to 104. not many cops.

the cops i saw were all in passing lanes or the bottom of hills etc.

on the way back what a massive level of stupid on the roads.

got stuck behind a few different people who were doing 70kph max on the open roads and looked smug like they were saving the world.

also behind a nissan in stop go traffic in warkworth who had no brake lights at all. was a real pain at 5kph.

finally drew the line when i was following an old campervan. (lz*** number plate so must have been old.)

was a proper camper not a ute conversion and as such has the tandem rear wheels.

except this f**kface has the outer wheel going with a small tyre and the inner wheels empty, just rims floating in mid air.

i pulled over in wellsford and talked to a cop who had just pulled into the station. he shot off and pulled him up just out of town.

i dont like to ruin peoples holidays but if you think a tare weight of 2750kg is suitable on 145 series tyres you shouldnt be on the road.

and yet none of these people fall foul of the 104kph limit.

also as a small acheivement i got an average consumption over 1200km of 9.9 L per 100km.

much lower than quoted for the 540i and good considering i took some windy roads.

• Like 1

I have a video of a cop at the end of a passing lane north of Whangarei; All the traffic suddenly had to halve their speed, because some retard saw the cop and slammed on the anchors. Cop isn't even looking at the traffic (just his radar), OR the 25 or so cars piled up behind a camper van. I honked on the way past he didn't care - NO REVENUE INVOLVED. No-one even bother passing, because (as normal) the campers accelerated on the straight passing lane, and most of the cars heading the otherway had been flashing their lights to warn of the tax collector parked up the end.

Luckily the "Bus" has enough poke, as the number of Previas and Serenas doing 80 on the straights and 105 on the passing lanes was immense. I passed them anyway.

Shame the cop wasn't moving them on, or pulling over the centreline crossers who I'd bet cause more accidents than speeders.

http://youtu.be/4E7E0f9CozI

Edited by Allanw
  • Like 1

I'm sooo pissed at this 4km threshhold. I've been pinged 3 times in the past 2 weeks, one at 106, one at 109 and one at 123km The first one was a police switch-on, the second was a laser that caught me coming downhill (no acceleration) on the motorway and although the 3rd was going a bit fast, it was on a passing lane with about 15 cars behind me all trying to pass a cattle and Fonterra milk truck... All times, there was never going to be an explanation good enough for the police. Anyone who says they are not Revenue gathering is full of it, now to chill for 2 years with 60 points (20 from previous ticket early last year) and a few hundred dollars of fines just fricken annoys me.

lol bad luck. I was doing 70 in a 50 on the way to coromandel and the cop just flashed his lights and waved his finger.

I have a video of a cop at the end of a passing lane north of Whangarei; All the traffic suddenly had to halve their speed, because some retard saw the cop and slammed on the anchors. Cop isn't even looking at the traffic (just his radar), OR the 25 or so cars piled up behind a camper van. I honked on the way past he didn't care - NO REVENUE INVOLVED. No-one even bother passing, because (as normal) the campers accelerated on the straight passing lane, and most of the cars heading the otherway had been flashing their lights to warn of the tax collector parked up the end.

Luckily the "Bus" has enough poke, as the number of Previas and Serenas doing 80 on the straights and 105 on the passing lanes was immense. I passed them anyway.

Shame the cop wasn't moving them on, or pulling over the centreline crossers who I'd bet cause more accidents than speeders.

http://youtu.be/4E7E0f9CozI

are you in the VW van in this? you seem to be quite high up

are you in the VW van in this? you seem to be quite high up

Yup - VERY high up - higher than a lot of modern 4x4's... and it's lowered 30 mm B)

It's also why it looks like I'm tailgating the entire time :o

edit: the 1984 van, not the 2013 work one

Edited by Allanw