Sign in to follow this  
actletpone

4km/h speed threshold for 62 days

I think the 4k/h thing works to a certain extent... purely because people actually THINK about driving, instead of sitting in a car waggling the wheel and levers. I can't believe how many drivers clearly have NO CLUE what's going on around them, or even where their own car is placed on the road.

I have Dash cams, for those who aren't capable of staying over their side of the centre line, and are complete 'tards. They'll either end up with a police complaint filed (had a guy done once already for almost taking my whole family out "testing" his new car, didn't even have the camera then) or on you tube :lol:.

I've got some spare cheapy chinese cameras, with an actual working memory card (Apacer) 8GB for $45 posted ;) if anyone wants one. If you buy one somewhere, DON'T use the cheap-arse chinese memory cards that come with them - they usually aren't reliable.

I'm prolly gonna fit one front and back of each car.

• Like 2

ive got an incar camera too. just a pain that the e39 cig lighter stays live, ive recorded the wall outside work all day on a couple of occasions.

The only way this system works is cause people pay the fines ,Deny the speed and go to court, defend yourself. If everyone did this the cost to prosecute would out way the fine and bingo

:rolleyes: If you don't speed - don't drink & then drive - don't text while driving - don't drive with mind altering drugs in your system - buy a car that has ESC, more airbags than Dolly Parton's implants & crash tests well - travel on the open road as a line up of sheep behind the weakest dumbest slowest link, we won't have a road toll. There will be no deaths on our roads. I just dunno whats wrong with you people out there but the message is OBVIOUSLY not getting through..............are you a little bit thick or something?? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Right, ok, fine, be like that then - the next brain-fart I have will be painting some Highway Patrol cars a different colour...maybe that'll learn ya's a bit better.................... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue-540i
  • Like 1

the same reason that speed kills tv ads no longer exist, people stopped watching.

Nah thats just cause youtube came a long and TV is redundant now :D

:) 'Here, hold my beer + retard + camera = You-tube'. Please add options 'lack of skills', 'low IQ', 'lots of $$$$$$$' for maximum viewing pleasure. :D:D

Its great..................... ;):D

Make long stretches of road, i.e Canterbury plains e.t.c 110-120kph and remove the retarded 90kph for light trailers - yes there's more cars on the road than when the 100kph limit was introduced but cars are far more safer now than they used to be, it would take a Failcon 500 12 football pitches to stop from 30kph.

I got busted for 111kph on an empty road a few weeks back, straight slight downhill (have not been done for speeding in over 10 years) - had my radar detector on and in the distance the bastard flicked on his signal and I was done, he had his lights on way before we had even seen him, have noticed this in the past where you'd be right up to them also and they flick it on setting the radar detector off! I don't condone speeding (60kph plus) in 50kph areas around kids & schools as I see this more dangerous than heading down a straight piece of road doing 110-120

• Like 1

Whenever I'm in Canterbury, 110 - 115 seems to be natural traffic flow speed anyway there south of Chch........Bummer bout your ticket, but yes, instant 'flick-on' seems to be the way they always operate now. If you're a single vehicle in open spaces exceeding the limit & there's a donut muncher Highway Patrol officer looking for quota lurking around doing his job, you're fairly much gonski thesedays, radar detector or not.......

ive got an incar camera too. just a pain that the e39 cig lighter stays live, ive recorded the wall outside work all day on a couple of occasions.

Yep - gonna hard wire them B)

We only have 3 cars now, and all German - the 2 that have cigarette lighters are live 24/7 too... so will need to mod them all <_<

Funny^^^^^ cos I end up hard wiring my jap utes etc so they're live all the time - that way ya can lock it while in town & leave cellphone or whatever still charging (opps, my bad - I'm one of those people that walks away from my 'locator device' at times....) ;):)

Funny^^^^^ cos I end up hard wiring my jap utes etc so they're live all the time - that way ya can lock it while in town & leave cellphone or whatever still charging (opps, my bad - I'm one of those people that walks away from my 'locator device' at times....) ;):)

Weird, isn't it? I don't know why they don't have a switch to choose! Or one of each

The new VW Transporter we got only has one outlet in the cab that's permanent on. You'd think they'd have more in a new car - I had to make some more - we use 4 every time we're in the Van. Seems a bit cheap for a $70K+ (modern) van!

I don't really go much over 100kmh anyway, Maybe cruise at 110kmh every so often on straights.

The only issue I have is that I MUST be at the front of the line I hate being behind people on the open road, takes away from my driving experience, How can you express your anger at the driver if you have to crawl past them on a passing lane at 104kmh :( .

• Like 1

What irks me about all this is the story in the Otago Daily Times, Mr Cliff is quoted as saying: "Our research shows that when police combined high visibility tactics with a reduced speed threshold during Queen's Birthday Weekends in 2010 and 2011, the total number of fatality/injury crashes reduced by 25 per cent, compared with the previous two years. That's an average of 30 people whose lives were saved."

So firstly I'm assuming that this 25% reduction was statistically significant, otherwise it's meaningless (although it seems to be a remarkable coincidence for it to be 25%/one quarter EXACTLY).

Secondly, why are we not comparing 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 to the previous four years to get a more robust sample size? Probably for the same reason that Queens Birthday weekend was chosen over Easter, Waitangi, Christmas and New Years, or any other holiday weekend with lots of traffic.

Because their stats wouldn't have worked out any other way… I see this all the time in biological sciences and it's wrong. They are clearly picking and choosing their data to support the bullshit story they want to feed to us. If they were scientist they would be found out and prosecuted for fraud!

How did the weather differ in those weekends? How did the number of vehicles on the road differ in those weekends? There are so many confounding variables it's not even funny and because you can't control for these things you would need data from hundreds of weekends with weather conditions, road conditions, number of vehicles, etc recorded and controlled for to even start to provide evidence that police tactics caused a lower road toll.

• Like 1

Don't you start Michael, there's enough twats in Auckland doing that already!

• Like 2

And doing twice that in the middle lane of SH1...

They've managed to disgrace themselves too, though.

"NZ Transport Agency road safety director Ernst Zollner said the holiday safety campaign would be welcomed by most New Zealanders."

OK... I can't see anyone complaining about something that will genuinely improve safety. But...

"A clear majority of Kiwis supported police enforcement of speed limits to prevent crashes, he said"

^ this is complete fabrication, or at best, an abuse of statistics.

Further, "The AA recommended that vehicle users should check their tyres once a month to ensure optimum safety" implies vehicle users have sufficient knowledge and technical skill to be able to tell when their tyres are unsafe. Those frequenting forums are a tiny minority, and may know what to look for, but most vehicles users will check there is enough tread on the tyre and drive off. That's hardly a comprehensive check!

36-28-34, 60kg, 5ft 7 are the only sorta statistics that can't be manipulated much............ ;):) & are fairly easy to check for accuracy - anything else is open to manipulation & interputation & twisting....... :rolleyes:

36-28-34, 60kg, 5ft 7 are the only sorta statistics that can't be manipulated much............ ;):) & are fairly easy to check for accuracy - anything else is open to manipulation & interputation & twisting....... :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha gold!!!

Also acdc reference?

In reality, probably still won't ticket you if you are going 109 its very hard to prove, and the tolerances on their own gear do not allow for 4km/h, that is only walking speed, very hard to pick up on a machine 500m away.

But these low tolerances are the reason i brought my Valentine One. If they didn't have these "hits" it would be one less reason to buy one, and id probably get tickets for time to time as well instead of never.

It seems their intention is to ticket you, speed cameras have been re-calibrated to the 4km/h tolerance...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11165939

Oh god, just slow down and get on with it.

Edited by SpikeyLemon

Oh god, just slow down and get on with it.

Agreed but still frustrating that they don't follow best practice for improving safety just best practice for improving the bottom line.