Sign in to follow this  
trottsky

People in car parks that don't care

Right I understand that this is a first world problem and that people make mistakes but it still pisses me off. I try and choose the widest most out of the away park that I can so that people stay the hell away from my car and I don't have to get upset when they hit it. Just came back to my car and found a streak of maroon paint in a stripe along the side of my rear bumper and rear wheel where whoever was next to me has reversed out and 'grazed' my car. Hopefully it'll polish out and come off, but basically my point is that I wish people would realise that just because they don't care about their car, doesn't mean that a car next to them isn't someone else's pride and joy. It happened to me on the side of a mountain once in a quiet car park when me and some friends were out walking! Anyway there's food on the table and everyone I know is happy and alive so rant over : )

post-51425-0-88938800-1402720851_thumb.j

• Like 2

I feel the frustration my friend. Just last month, had someone rub the opposite side front guard of my bmw, i didn't even see it until i began washing the car, funny thing is that i do exactly the same thing you do, park far away from lazy people and plenty of space where possible...but even that ain't good enough....is it that hard to apologise for damaging another persons property? It's an attitude problem more then anything else. All the best mate.

• Like 1

I'd expect most folk would be quite embarrassed and apologetic, likely doing the quick exit to avoid any confrontation which would seem quite common these days. I couldn't imagine much worse than some regular placid couple hanging around after doing that, and some nutter winding up and tripping out in some frothing rage.

At the other end. I live in a CBD block with a few apartment buildings around and some interesting if not straight up super-eccentric neighbors. One neighbor (John) has his car parked out front, nothing too flash just a regular old run around, another neighbor has the worst parking skill imaginable. Her 3-point skills invariably leave carnage resembling an autobahn pileup. She ends up backing into this guys car, it's happened a few times so this particular neighbor decides to hit her up about it, quite politely but firmly. Next thing this womans husband is out on the footpath demanding that "In the interests of good neighborly relations" John just drops it! lol *BOOM*!!

• Like 1

I feel for you buddy. I had my car restored and fully repainted, straight away the next day some dickhead left a trolley dent on my passenger door. Left a sour taste till this day (the dent is still there to remind me of it)

I now park as far away as possible

• Like 1

I wish people would realise that just because they don't care about their car, doesn't mean that a car next to them isn't someone else's pride and joy.

+ 10000

When I was parking in Uni carpark and was sitting inside my car a girl getting into her car (a pre 1990 Mitsubishi hatchback) next to me just opened the door and slammed her door onto the side of my car when she was throwing her bag in. I was nearly raging when she slammed her door onto my car AGAIN when she was getting into her car. The thing is she didn't even bother to look over and acted like nothing had happened and drove off.

• Like 1

I know how you feel, man. Just last night I had someone back into my car, smashed the indicator completely and then took off! Luckily a member of the public saw and gave me his l/p number. It pisses me off to no end when people don't own up to that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

Tom , a few months ago I got clipped in Merivale Mall carpark. When I came out. there was a guy standing by his car who told me that I`d been scraped by a chap in a `Big black Range Rover ` ( No surprises there...) However no Rego number so I had to wear it.

Ashamed to say this, but I now park ( Ahem ) in the disabled carparks...they are always empty, and they are right up by the automatic doors. I always make sure that I limp a bit when I get out though...

• Like 2

I try and park miles from everyone but some a**hole always pulls up alongside in their beat up piece of crap. I always try to avoid damaging other cars with my doors but never works the other way.

sh*t like this is the reason i didn't want to give my old E34 a new paint job.

Tom , a few months ago I got clipped in Merivale Mall carpark. When I came out. there was a guy standing by his car who told me that I`d been scraped by a chap in a `Big black Range Rover ` ( No surprises there...) However no Rego number so I had to wear it.

Ashamed to say this, but I now park ( Ahem ) in the disabled carparks...they are always empty, and they are right up by the automatic doors. I always make sure that I limp a bit when I get out though...

not cool

What...paying for someone else`s damage or getting the primo spot by the doors.. ? We`re talking survival mode here Paul..

PS: A sense of humour goes a long way...maybe I`m just having you on........................

One of my staff caught someone in a hilux scraping up the side of his one week old company car. When he approached her she refused to give any details and said she would take us to court.

Luckily he got her rego # so insurance have been able to track her down, but its so disrespectful that people can't take responsibility for their actions.

• Like 1

I try and park miles from everyone but some a**hole always pulls up alongside in their beat up piece of crap. I always try to avoid damaging other cars with my doors but never works the other way.

this is what I do. park far far far away, the other day this retard was backing into my car and so many times they do this unless I honk my horn, every time I get out I try not to hit anybody else s car with my doors, reason why I like car parks that are like / / / / / / instead of the ones like | | | | |. Easier to get in and out for all parties.

One of my staff caught someone in a hilux scraping up the side of his one week old company car. When he approached her she refused to give any details and said she would take us to court.

Luckily he got her rego # so insurance have been able to track her down, but its so disrespectful that people can't take responsibility for their actions.

what I would give to drag people like that and ......

Edited by Dr. Jekyll

this is what I do. park far far far away, the other day this retard was backing into my car and so many times they do this unless I honk my horn, every time I get out I try not to hit anybody else s car with my doors, reason why I like car parks that are like / / / / / /  instead of the ones like  | | | | |. Easier to get in and out for all parties.

what I would give to drag people like that and ......

same I park in the far far corner of the carpark,i think most that do are like minded.obviously if its always busy/full this wont work,but I cant undetstand the need to park as close as possible to the extent some do,dribing around or double parking to wait

am i the only one that gets really pissed off when i intentionally park well away from others, and then when i return to my car someone else thinks its a great place and parks next to me? Heaps of parks closer to the door, no reason to have to park next to me....

The reason i park well away is to stop you idiots parking next to me!

• Like 1

am i the only one that gets really pissed off when i intentionally park well away from others, and then when i return to my car someone else thinks its a great place and parks next to me? Heaps of parks closer to the door, no reason to have to park next to me....

New World, Remuera. Narrow parks and RRS. Fun.

New World, Remuera. Narrow parks and RRS. Fun.

It's a mare there alright. That's at the extreme end of nasty parking but.

that could be me if I see a nice car at the far end I will park 1 space away,or next to you and 1 space away from a not so nice car

This is why I try go to the supermarket after work, so I'm still in my work vehicle.. ;)

When I came out. there was a guy standing by his car who told me that I`d been scraped by a chap in a `Big black Range Rover ` ( No surprises there...)

Hey they're pretty damn huge alright.. that being said there are parking sensors everywhere so you've gotta be doing pretty badly to hit anything. No excuses for not leaving details

Cheers Paul...it`s all about attitude I guess. And we`ve all heard the joke about the difference between a Porqupine and a Range Rover ..

You would think New World Remuera of all places would have carparks 2.5 times the size of normal ones

• Like 2