Jump to content
Golfboy666GTI

"End of life" NZ new E92 335i manual (Turners)

Recommended Posts

That's a weird place for something like that to end up, with only somewhat minor issues listed. Wonder if the engine tapping is the normal injector noise or worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's well known cars in NZ with over 200,000kms are write offs and are irreparable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Michael. based on how we look after cars here, that's probably true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehe. I always say NZ, the place were cars come to die. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you know i would have agreed with the above. But now living up here in Canada, where E46s all have heavily rusted arches, of course no way near as many now as there would have been. do see quite a few E53s tho, more than home. you can pick up a 335i here for 3k if that. No such thing as E38s E39s here any more. of course, this is how most of the world live, a car does not need to last 20 years like we expect it to at home. anything before 2010 is an old car in the same way we would call anything from the 90s or older and old car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 12:26 PM, Michael. said:

It's well known cars in NZ with over 200,000kms are write offs and are irreparable 

ha ha  yea like my last e28 m535i i had , brought back in 2004 with 465,000km on it ,sold it in 2016   with 530,000km and its still going 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, KwS said:

That's a weird place for something like that to end up, with only somewhat minor issues listed. Wonder if the engine tapping is the normal injector noise or worse?

Possibly a repo, or stolen and recovered? Auction has ended now so I can't see what was in the description. Anyone see what it sold for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Possibly a repo, or stolen and recovered? Auction has ended now so I can't see what was in the description. Anyone see what it sold for?

"Starts runs and drives. Minor front bumper damage. Slight noise from engine (tapping). Boot catch faulty.

THIS VEHICLE IS BEING SOLD REGISTERED"

image.thumb.png.21a1ceda6de8947b1de60c0ff5f514d4.png

Details suggest it's not stolen/recovered, but that it has 'Suspect mechanical'?

As it is being sold registered, my bet would be on a finance repo.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or just a trade in from  a yard and they dont want to sell it with warranty etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade in would just go through the normal auction wouldn't it, not the "damaged" section. I don't believe it has to go through "end of life" to avoid the CGA requirements..

They could be making doubly sure as it sounds like a bit of a ticking time-bomb (pun intended).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, I dont think it said it was being sold registered when I first looked, as i remember wonder if it was dereg (like most crashed/written off or stolen cars)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Trade in would just go through the normal auction wouldn't it, not the "damaged" section. I don't believe it has to go through "end of life" to avoid the CGA requirements..

They could be making doubly sure as it sounds like a bit of a ticking time-bomb (pun intended).

lots of trade ins go through the dva , normally have issues , pick up a few over the years like this 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×