Sign in to follow this  
Grant

What do you carry in your boot?

Hi All

I saw this topic on another forum, and thought it was pretty interesting.

Basically what do you normally carry in the boot of your car (outside of the spare wheel and jack etc).

I know there will be the odd person who will say "dead body".

I'll start.

In both of our E36's we don't carry a lot, basically an umbrella, basic tools, first aid kit, a few spare fuses, blanket, a few rags, insulation tape, tow rope and jumper leads and jackets.

When I had my E30, although it was pretty reliable, I used to carry a lot more stuff, including a 1l of oil and some pre-mixed coolant/water.

Cheers

Grant

In my Mini, I carry 1l of oil, 500ml of brake fluid, 1 litter of premix coolant/water, tow rope and jumper lead

For E30s: Generally a complete engine - belts, alternators, oil, filters, wiring looms.

E39 - A spare tyre.

Towel

Jacket

Water

Oil

Beenie

and fold out chair for any days that I want to just sit out side my car in style.

BMW first aid kit, spare set of number plates.

Multimeter

Spare Fuses

Misc tools spanners pliers ect

3L of water

Some rags ect.

i feel really left behind, i have an unsecured spare tyre, cause i cant be bothered putting it in :o school work from 3 years back that i never handed in, petrol canister, and yeah, i really must look into tidying my bmw up atm . . . .

lol

First Aid, Tools, Jumpers, Cambelt [for E30s], 1.5L Coolant, 1L Water, Half my Closet, Subs/Amp, DUCT TAPE

Edited by JP

Usually nothing else goes in my boot besides the toolkit and spare wheel etc, all the factory stuff.

But lately its been home to my building plans and uni text books and my work uniform

Edited by RJS

Nothing is ever in my boot.... it ruins the "factory" look! :D

In the BMW, a pram normally. And if Deb has been shopping, 6 trillion dollars worth of new stuff.

A reusable shopping bag.

I wish Tim would post a pic of his, and his old girlfriends 323/familar, that was the worst boot i've ever seen. Uneaten subway, hockey sh*t, empty pet bottles, broken parcel tray, general unidentifiable rubbish, homework...list goes on

In my 180SX. Nothing. It doesn't need anything. In my BMW. Half of its motor, its manual peddel box, an oil cooler, and some spiders.

Coolant, Oil, First Aid Kit, Rubber Gloves (You don't want to have to fiddle around under the hood on the way to a wedding haha)

Whats in your glove box would be a bit of a laugh though

Haha shuttup Ryan.

The boot of the e30 was a whole different story to the e36! E30: water, oil, spare plates, large socket wrench thing for when I break/lose locknut, spare bits of car and more oil and water. Safety precautions y'all!

E36: Sub/amp and that's it. Perhaps because it actually has no boot..

Pre-Mix coolant, Variety of hoses (Tim will know why), Accident kit (Blanket, First aid crap), Driza-bone long coat, Driza-bone cowboy hat (lol), and riding chaps. At the moment it also includes rubbish from Mc Ds and a sunbathing wind shade for the sand, hay.

one of the boys when theres no seats left

Haha, I actually did that once. Was new years eve as well, so glad we didn't go through any checkpoints!

My boot: Haynes manual, Bottle of water, Factory service book set/receipts folder, socket set, jumper leads, decent sized toolkit, old towels for my car sickness prone dog, a picnic blanket, an unused retro first aid kit from my mum's 1977 VW Passat, and plastic drop sheets for garden centre chores. Oh and a very cool complimentary BMW hat that came with my grandparents E30 when new.