Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Is this cheeky or what!!

He's now going to report me to trademe for trying to sabotage his auction.....its been a while since Ive had a dustup with someone, Im quite looking forward to this :)

cheeky...indeed...

very person commits an offense and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $500 who—

(e)Uses any motor vehicle which has affixed to it any registration plate or license which is not authorized by or under this Act to be affixed to that vehicle or any other item which in either case is likely to be mistaken for any authorized registration plate or license; or

pasted this in the Q&A, seller has black listed me and not answered the question, and still tells people there is no law referring to plates....hmmmmmm

Woohoo! With our powers combined.... we are BIMMERSPORT!!!

Good job people!

Woohoo! With our powers combined.... we are BIMMERSPORT!!!

Good job people!

Why?

It doesn't affect you.

It's sad to see tall poppy syndrome alive and kicking in NZ!

Why?

It doesn't affect you.

Since when has 'tall poppy syndrome' been about stopping people who are selling items (that are not illegal themselves) but are illegal when used as the seller is suggesting ?

I dont think anyone cares about the 'profit' he could make for doing nothing more than entering some details on the germanplates website, but you dont claim something is legal when its clearly not.

If someone was to buy a plate on his description and was fined it would be interesting to know if the person would have a case against him.

Seeing as Trademe have removed the auction shows there must be some merit in it.

Why?

It doesn't affect you.

As Penry said, this is not a case of tall poppy syndrome. If I was jealous of him because he was doing something I wish I'd thought of first then sure..... but it's nothing to do with that. We basically stopped some douche from defrauding fellow car enthusiasts into buying registration plates that are illegal to use in New Zealand. And I think that's pretty darned nice of us! :D

I don't see why anyone has a problem with this.

Claiming they are 100% legal is perhaps not correct, but i feel this isnt the motivation for 'your' uproar.

I did exactly what this guy did, (i didn't claim them to be legal), and made a tidy little profit.

Bottom line is this:

-People are scared to order off an international site. He is selling piece of mind

-People are not skill3d in the ways of the internet, so probably aren't aware of cheaper options. Tough luck.

I don't see anyone complaining about store like Noel Leeming selling computer parts for double what you can get them for in a 'generic' PC store.

Exactly.

Legality aside, how is he any different from any other importer?

I don't see why anyone has a problem with this.

Claiming they are 100% legal is perhaps not correct...

I believe the fair trading act may disagree with you there.

Get real.

Claiming they are legal is a problem. This thread would still exist if there was no mention of legality by the seller, as it is not the first time this issue has come up.

Vote Labour.

FFS people am I writing in swahili or something ?!?!? Why do we keep coming back to the money side of it ?

I dont give a sh!t what he sells them for, what I do care about is him selling them as being legit when they arent.

If potential buyers arent savvy enough to know they are being ripped off, whats the likelyhood that they will know anything about the potential fines they could be receiving ?

the dumb tool has his auction closed.

kind of like how i just closed this thread.

end of story