Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

2nd E30 but first I have driven

Well I just purchased a 1985 325i from a mate yesterday. The one that is in the for sale section. Its the first E30 I have actually driven as my race series car is still in the build.

And man I love it! Its so much fun to drive! I am so glad that I made the purchase. My mates thought it was a bit strange considering I have a 220rwkw 180SX and purchased this E30 to replace it. But I want to save some money. And didn't want to end up driving some crap mid 90's Sentra or Corolla.

Have a few little plans for it. It is already a very tidy example and has been in Bimmersport for a while now I think. I will just be making it even more tidy.

Been hanging around on the forums for a while now. Been alot of help for building me Race Series E30. I also help run the Nissan Silvia club for NZ. www.nissansilvia.co.nz Wave out if you see me.

Oh and the name is Dan and I am out in Bucklands Beach/Howick in Auckland

Will just cut and paste info from for sale area.

1985 325i E30

engine:

m20b25 - 293000ks, still runs beautifully, have quite a bit of service history to go with the car

simota air filter

2,1/4 exhaust

LSD (not sure on ratio)

5spd

suspension:

BNG eurospec 60mm spring kit

KMAC front pillowball race camber plates

monroe gas shocks

wheels/tires:

15x8 0 offset sportmax wheels

new 205/50r15 tires

interior:

m325i dash (no cracks)

m325i front/rear seats

Mtech steering wheel

very tidy all round

exterior:

paint is immaculate

no rust and no dents, excellent condition considering age

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is the car I am building into a race series car. It has since been stripped and now is just a shell with a cage. Interior was recently painted white. Motor has been built and just needs to be dropped in. Then its just a matter of swapping things like the diff, brakes and suspention for the series stuff that is cluttering up my room.

No updated photos as yet though. Wish I had kept the kit for the new one. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is my other car. 96 180SX Type X. Recently popped the motor at puke due to a faulty ECU running her lean all of a sudden. Not cool. Gets Dynoed next week. Expect at least 220rwkw on the dynopack at ST Hitech.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest Simon*

Nice work Dan

Looks like you got yourself a nice well-loved E30 - some mean camber on those wheels too!

I even like your Datsun ;) Those Fairlady lines are definitely classic

When will your E30 series racer be ready?

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Simon*

Haha yeah I am a sucker for the fairlady/240 lines. I like my classic shapes of the 70's and 80's. Must be about -3deg on the front. Haha. Might tone it down a little.

The E30 Racer should be going by the end of the month I hope. Will miss the first race this year but hope to make the second.

Cheers for the comments.

And didn't want to end up driving some crap mid 90's Sentra or Corolla.

:(

Nice esirty though

Damn that's a badass looking SX

Cool E30 too man,handle any good with that camber?

Both cars look very nice mate! welcome

The E30 handles ok. Few little things I would like to improve. A little less camber on the front. Will sort out the rear camber a little too. Might pick up some coilovers for it, but at the moment the suspention rides really nice and the car is meant to be my daily driver.

Next step is to give it a full service so I know where I am at. And then replace all the bushes. A few came with the car though. Rest I will get through the E30 series or my mate at Autolign. Will get him to Dyno my shocks too. See if he can make some improvements.

A nice little collection you have there.

You can just about see my house in the last photo.

Cheers

Well the E30 was all put together by Togate. The last member to own the car. I will keep going on it though.

Are you panning to run in the e30 series or the open series with your white e30.

The reason I ask is that you can't enter the e30 series with that bodykit.

PS love the wheels on the 325.

Edited by bravo

No updated photos as yet though. Wish I had kept the kit for the new one. :(

I like, would look mint with a tech1. Love the colour to.

I like, would look mint with a tech1. Love the colour to.

Nice e30, I think i like it with no kit and I want those wheels!

driftit

Your comments about mid 90's Sentra or Corolla crap does not go down well with me and on a public forum to. As I own a 95 Sentra and have found it far from a piece of crap as you stated, in fact it has been and still is a dam good reliable motor vehicle. In the next line or so you state you had connections with the Nissan Silivia club for NZ plus you own and fairlady in my book if that ain't calling the kettle black i don't no what is, .Maybe you should engage your brain before opening your mouth in future and making statements that can and have offended people.

I dont think his comments were aimed at offending people.

Wow i think maybe a little over the top?

driftit

Your comments about mid 90's Sentra or Corolla crap does not go down well with me and on a public forum to. As I own a 95 Sentra and have found it far from a piece of crap as you stated, in fact it has been and still is a dam good reliable motor vehicle. In the next line or so you state you had connections with the Nissan Silivia club for NZ plus you own and fairlady in my book if that ain't calling the kettle black i don't no what is, .Maybe you should engage your brain before opening your mouth in future and making statements that can and have offended people.

Lol what on earth! Its just my oppinion mate. I think Sentra's are bloody horrid cars. In my oppinion they are not only slow and painfull to drive but so dull ugly its not funny. Hence why I purchased a nice E30 over one. I dont really think the bimmersport forum is the place to defend the Sentra anyway. Take my comments to the nissanz.co.nz forum. Should spark up a storm of 15-18 year olds defending their mums hand me down sentra's.

Oh and just to correct you. The Fairlady name belongs to the Z cars only.

Cool E30, especially the wheels.

Cool E30, especially the wheels.

+1!

Your 325i is pretty much my car's twin......except much cooler with the wheels & LSD :wub:

I hope to see you at a meet sometime!

driftit

Who cares? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally have a soft spot for Hondas, I think they're great fun to drive. Others here would say they're absolute rubbish. I would defend the car with the good points and rebut the bad points about the car.

If you want to defend a car, defend the car, don't attack the person saying the comments as that is irrelevant. The person's affiliation with another car club of the same make has nothing to do with how good a Sentra is. This is as you said a public forum, be prepared to be offended. You are entitled to defend your opinion, but an introductory thread is hardly the best place to do it.

Sorry for cluttering your introduction thread driftit. I just had to put my 2c in... :ph34r:

woohoo testy! :D

Lada niva's forever!