Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Xbox gold

Would still rather have a 360 than Wii or a PS3 even with the problems I have had. But because the Wii is so cheap I am getting one of those too. Best of both worlds. I would get a PS3. But the only good games on it are out on the 360 too. And the 360 versions always have exclusive content and extra downloads.

Would still rather have a 360 than Wii or a PS3 even with the problems I have had. But because the Wii is so cheap I am getting one of those too. Best of both worlds. I would get a PS3. But the only good games on it are out on the 360 too. And the 360 versions always have exclusive content and extra downloads.

+1

I'm looking at getting a PS3 for two reasons.

1 - It has a Blu-Ray drive and that saves another purchase down the track

2 - Gran Turismo 5

The Gran Turismo series was the sole reason I decided to buy a PS1 back in the day and also my PS2. I can't wait!

The Gran Turismo series was the sole reason I decided to buy a PS1 back in the day and also my PS2. I can't wait!

Same here. Bought the PSOne for GT1, PS2 for the GT3 and I bought the PS3 for the upcoming GT5, and of course the BluRay movies.

Just for shiz and giggles, I was playing the original GT1 on PS3, it's like timewrap playing the old Commodore games. That's how far those games has come through over the years..

Edited by my_e36

ps3 all the way, bought on release so its backwards compatible just about to get gt5 prologue, gta 4. call of duty 4 and resistance fall of man is amazing. it can play divx and high def mp4 movies.

and it has never missed a beat.

+1 for GT5, the prologue comes out soon i believe??? Looks like a very very good game, read a few previews of it, just awsome!

Just found this,

http://www.granturismoworld.com/default.as...=21&infid=0

The graphics are just insane.

Edited by Greg111

My God :rolleyes: That looks awesome!!!

Wish I wasn't a broke student. <_<

hey,

I have a ps3 and not yet brought a game.

Are the ps3 region free? so i can buy some games from america and they will work on my ps3 i brought here?

regards

Meh. GT 5 is purely a visual game with poor physics. Forza 2 is a the closest you can get to a car sim.

Meh. GT 5 is purely a visual game with poor physics. Forza 2 is a the closest you can get to a car sim.

+1 - Gran Turismo has always been ruined by the poor interaction between cars.

The V8 supercars games (and TOCA before that) are pretty good to. The chance of losing wheels is a good incentive not to use opposition cars as driving aids.

^^definitly think that the V8 series is the best driving sim on PS atm.

But Forza takes it handsdown,the physics are insane compared to GT4.

Am also waiting for MGS4 to come out!

Yea V8 supercars is probably one of the best drving sims out there. The Formula 1 game on PS3 is also pretty good

Wii all the way

personally i dont own a gaming console because i don't get into video games that much. I prefer the outdoors and physical activity which is why i think the Wii is fantastic. It's great fun with friends and encourages fat ass nerds to get their lard arses of the f**king couch and move around the lounge - like aerobics for gamers. It's also not grossly over priced and over engineered.

Wii should get the health tick.

Something to think about is the accelerometer technology in the Wii - this has serious potential and i'd be keeping a lookout for what nintendo brings out in the future.

check this out for some idea ...

Me and a few friends have Wii consoles and getting 4 people together in a large enough room playing against each other is a VERY social thing and even the girlfriend(s) want to play it. Most consoles realistically are single player orientated, which can also be said of Wii games, but it's the 4 player games on the Wii that make it. It's why it is the most popular console in the world.

February 2008 numbers courtesy of NPD:

Hardware - February 2008

588k - Nintendo DS

432k - Nintendo Wii

352k - PlayStation 2

281k - PlayStation 3

255k - Xbox 360

243k - PlayStation Portable

Software - February 2008

296k - Call of Duty 4 (360)

295k - Devil May Cry 4 (360)

290k - Wii Play (Wii)

234k - Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)

223k - Guitar Hero III (Wii)

206k - Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games (DS)

204k - Lost Odyssey (360)

198k - Turok (360)

184k - Guitar Hero III (PS2)

162k - Rock Band (360)

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/006638.html

As an extra note, should point out that I still have a working NES system from 1989, yes, that's right, an almost 20 year old console still in working condition. My original PSX died after being abused for 5 straight years, PS2 still gets Tiger 2005'd.

Edited by Mr. Pink

As an extra note, should point out that I still have a working NES system from 1989, yes, that's right, an almost 20 year old console still in working condition.

Same here, I got one of those too. Probably due to the fact that it has no moving parts and things back then are more engineered to last than things today.

I have a Sega MegaDrive in the attic somewhere, I should pull that out and play some Streets of Rage II again!!!

Super Mario Bros on the NES is the best game ever for all time, immense replayability for a 20+ year old console game.

Still have my Commodore 64 from 1987 with 100's of floppy disk games somewhere. lol. And its cassette tape drive.

Now my Xbox 1 plays all the arcade, snes, ps1, sega, c64, amega and N64 roms. So XBOX 1 FTW. 360 can do this too but if you mod it they ban you from Xbox Live.

The only gaming console i own at the moment and play is my PS1.

Just for Gran Turismo 2, Haha.

Edited by Skrillz

Commodore 64 from 1987 ........ftw!!

i wish i still had mine.

load"$",8,1

Ahhh thats the commands. Could not remember them. Been an easy 18 - 17 years since I last used it. lol I need to hunt down some old joysticks.