Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

the end to the lowriding

Yeh,it sucks...Mcdonalds wasnt too bad,heapsa pissed young c@nts were bending over backwards to push me out (guess its a bma thing) haha. Everywhere else wasnt so good.

Funniest I heard was when da 50 in Australia pulled my cousin's homie over. He busted him for having his battery in da boot of his BMW (factory battery)...

DAMN.... I'd be all like...

YAAA TRICK YAAAA !!!

Posted Image

Thanks for the pic really helps

define well ... anything above 100kph on a normal NZ open road is pretty much un-drivable with little / no suspension travel. its then left upto the tires and chassis which will act like bump-stops and bounce causing uneven weight distrubution thus cause the car to be some what out of control.

I'm with you on this. Our old BMW 323 Coupe seemed to handle well, or so we thought. It had the M Sport Suspension then one day I drove it over enthusiastically on the road from Tamuranui to Tekuiti. When it hit large bumps on some of the tight corners the whole car left the ground, or all meaingful contact with it. So a car with little contact to the road does not go arround a corner very well. And when grip was restored we were well into the other lane. Luckily no one else was coming.

Now that had what I beleived to be a standard BMW suspension, not some after market botch-up. And if it wasn't compatible with the worst of our NZ roads, what chance some lowered on cheap botch up done for pure appearance.

Yes you may get away with it on the motorway, or around town. Try some of NZ's 'C' grade roads and see what happens. Now if you know that and drive according - fair enough - if you flick the car, will the next owner. Thats why we have standards, and certification.

Yes I'm older (44 this month) - and I'd rather have genuine handling and perfromance than a 'look'. And this was important to me when i got my 1st car at 16. I find it hard to understand people screwing the handling of a good motorcar then claiming it handles better - which may fool other uninformed youth - not us oldies who know better.

Edited by jimbo

Try some of NZ's 'C' grade roads and see what happens.

the 330i is running a KW v2 coil over kit which is shortened koni yellow adjustible race shocks and eibach coiled 450 pound springs with eibach sway bars and KW adjustible cup kits.

I drove up to Bay of Islands this weekend .. and I had great control, however some of the dodgy un-even surfaces and shoddeiness of state highway one .. I think was defantily 'C' grade. the car handled it even though it was a little on the hard side but I could only imagine how overworked compressed stock shocks would feel. Having to slow down for everything would annoy the hell out of me. And defantily would kill the purpose of owning a BMW for the owner.

Ghey I Just got another E36 and wanted to get into this SLAB thing....

hello all

thort id check up on BS see whats been goin on ,

the bmw is back road legal passed wof no problems , back on standard wheels for time being the car sits at lowest point exactly 100ml on my spare b&g springs i have put the factory exhaust on for time being have changed the badges to the black propeller to match the black surround euro plates looks tidy needs to be panel beated an get it up to good condition . while off the road i had it on jack stands an tidyed up all underneath where it had been ground away and scraped aswel as de-greased car , the engine bay looks mint!

also in a update diablo23 sold his bmw (we are currently importing a hi spec 2000 740 from japan) the following week the guy wrote it off drove off a bank threw trees a fence and landed half in a old shed by titirangi theres parts on TM we have pictures of the car which if anyone wants i will post up.

Edited by Pboy

not a dig.... but did it have anything to do with the suspension? i noticed the wheels for sale on trademe

nope claimed some guy was drifting round the corner an he swerved to miss him an ran off the road to miss, he was 1 beer over the legal limit for youth so gutz for him we will upload it tomorrow

post-1718-1210337755_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1210337775_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1210337785_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1210337793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pboy

Ouch!! Looks like he was a lucky man.

air bags did not deploy? we found this strange

photos make car look not too bad the others pics i have are of it dragged out of the bush show the full extent and it makes it look like its been in a state highway 1 crash or something

Edited by Pboy

whoops.

hello all

thort id check up on BS see whats been goin on ,

the bmw is back road legal passed wof no problems , back on standard wheels for time being the car sits at lowest point exactly 100ml on my spare b&g springs i have put the factory exhaust on for time being have changed the badges to the black propeller to match the black surround euro plates looks tidy needs to be panel beated an get it up to good condition . while off the road i had it on jack stands an tidyed up all underneath where it had been ground away and scraped aswel as de-greased car , the engine bay looks mint!

also in a update diablo23 sold his bmw (we are currently importing a hi spec 2000 740 from japan) the following week the guy wrote it off drove off a bank threw trees a fence and landed half in a old shed by titirangi theres parts on TM we have pictures of the car which if anyone wants i will post up.

Welcome back, good to hear its all legal. Your old rims looked sweet get back on there

Welcome back man, it's strange the airbags didn't deploy considering the hefty frontal?

Edited by Greg111

yeh i will put mags back on at some stage got to get new tyres for the back \

heres a few more pics which really show the damage

post-1718-1210465665_thumb.jpgpost-1718-1210465899_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1210465665_thumb.jpgpost-1718-1210465899_thumb.jpg

a good buff will sort that out

Wow - bet he was packing himself watching that shed looming in the sidewindow.

That's one written off e36. And with the DIC = no insurance!

Thats really crap, d.i.c drunk in control? How many people are actually drunk after 2 standard drinks?

My mate blew 200mgs last weekend( youth limit 150mg adult 400mg), and turns 20 in 4 months so just missed out on the adult limit, While I blew the same amount but they were happy to let me drive home. The cop felt bad having to write out the ticket for my mate aswel and even said "you clearly arnt intoxicated" And not to worry about court.

So if you fail a youth breath test do the police still need to prove that you were "unfit" to drive before they can prosecute for drunk driving?