Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

the end to the lowriding

ashkan i mite have to what yah drink hahaha drop me a txt

nino where did you get that from ? i dont think larry comes under that

i cant blame anyone but me it was bound to happen

its like F88kn around on your miss, one day your gunna get caught!!!

soo all good!

Edited by Pboy

Do it once, do it right - save all the money that you'd pay to replace tyres too often due to the excess camber and paying off unnecessary fines and spend it on a good suspension.

Amen to that.

whats this FTP mean? .... file transfer protocol?? oh wait i get it

Oh the time and money you could have saved had you done it properly in the first instance, gotta learn from your mistakes and i'm sure you loved being sack out for a while.

ffully agree on the unsafe cars but i gess its personal opinion on what is classed unsafe . it was fun while it lasted

im jst gunna tidy it up and flick it hopefully . e36 wagon or 328coupe on adjusties and 19s new future goal! o o o yeh cert

til then van for work

Edited by Pboy

ffully agree on the unsafe cars but i gess its personal opinion on what is classed unsafe . it was fun while it lasted

im jst gunna tidy it up and flick it hopefully . e36 wagon or 328coupe on adjusties and 19s new future goal! o o o yeh cert

til then van for work

Well no its not personal opinion as to what is safe and what isn't - its the law. Fairly clear I would've thought. Best of luck though - I think most of us oldies can still remember when our cars came first and the law second.

they didnt give ne help at all, they still pinged you tho when you had your unfortunate crash

did i complain? no, he was just doing his job, its the law, who am i to say "fcuk you pig"

thats how life works

Edited by 328imobbin

sweet now save up and coil over it with some konis' and H&R or eibach springs ... trust me ... youll love it.

you can have it nearly as low and still look good ..

go for the e36 wagon!

Will look Sick!

And be all good for your job.

Hmm can i have your rear springs?

I have an idea to make the guys on here like me haha.

CHEER BOI

So is this the last of these 'low vs. law' and 'looks vs. performance' threads?

They have provided pure entertainment over the last year, and will be missed.

<<<Holds back the smirk on his face :D

Its interesting (and funny too) to watch law breakers squeal when they get caught and then blame everyone else....a bit like watching CI on TV......100 points for the cops :)

The "Cert" will be interesting. When a cert inspection is carried out properly, they are not just checking the mods you have. They are certifying the "whole" car to be safe to drive on our roads. If they find other problems, the cert will not be issued.

Good luck with the Cert

A lesson learnt ??? .........maybe

Do the shock absorbers work when the car sits that low?? Does lowering the car that much change the geometry of suspension and drive components putting them under major stress? Just wondering as I have owned tones of cars that low (a few got nice pink stickers) and they all dove like sh*t but BMW’s and Honda’s seem to go freakishly low and still drive ok though, a mate of mine had an E36 sitting lower than any I have ever seen on 18†wheels and still drove surprisingly well :blink:

define well ... anything above 100kph on a normal NZ open road is pretty much un-drivable with little / no suspension travel. its then left upto the tires and chassis which will act like bumpstops and bounce causing uneven weight distrubution thus cause the car to be some what out of control.

define well ... anything above 100kph on a normal NZ open road is pretty much un-drivable with little / no suspension travel. its then left upto the tires and chassis which will act like bumpstops and bounce causing uneven weight distrubution thus cause the car to be some what out of control.

hence the reason low low cars are stickered and forced off the road..

Laurence.

Congrats to the cops, good to see they are doing their job and keeping unsafe cars off the road.

+1

It drove well as in it was only a cigarette box off the ground and didn’t bounce bugger all and still somehow absorbed bumps.

It drove better than my old car on full low (70mm) H&R coilovers.

Edited by Apex

Don't mean to be a dick but I highly doubt that ...

You would be running the shocks at about 90% compression .. this causes them to work alot more and outside of there range. You will also burst the seals inside your shocks and accelerate shock piston wear. The things people forget about suspension is that the rebound is just as important as the compression. if your wheels are not making controlled weighted contact with the tarmac suited to the road surface they’re on then you not going to have any grip, even though your four wheels appear to be on the ground.

A good measure of this is going over a small over bridge at reasonably high speed. Good shocks will compress and rebound and not compress more than once or twice. Thus keeping the vehicles balance of weight towards the ground.

the rubber banding is really a bad thing.

You can see this effect on badly setup drag cars off the line. soft spring med - firm compression and a hard rebound setting will stop the bouncing off the line for this vehicles.

running standard none shortened shocks at 80%-full compression all the time doesn't allow for any rebound control.

Must be something broken in your suspension to have camber....these guys know nothing about anything to do with cars!!!

HAHA i love reading this stuff

"yes sir, your absolutely onto something, my continuum trans-functioner is on its way out"

is some thing NOT to say in that situation . . .

this is my real comment on this topic, i personally see no reason to be so low, this may just be a personal issue i have with people entering speed bumps at an excess of 45degress to the kerb, and then exiting 45 degrees in the opposite direction away from the kerb, although it is halarious, to see at every stop, 3 people jump out of the back seat, and when the car has safely arrived on the other side of the bump, jump back into the car, this process repeats for the following speed bumps. i have a video some where. oh and one more thing, the extremity of this phenomenon, has anyone witnessed a car too low, stuck ontop of a speed bump? with rear wheel spinning helplessly in the air ? Curiousity

has anyone witnessed a car too low, stuck ontop of a speed bump? with rear wheel spinning helplessly in the air ? Curiousity

I think Ashkan got stuck in a driveway like this once before.

i am learing from it got the girlfreind saying i told yah so an blah blah blah

so all good and yes e30 ill sell yah my rears for extra cheap

I think Ashkan got stuck in a driveway like this once before.

hahaha try mc donalds quay street he got beached im sure he can back me up on that

seen it many of time

yes its funny i couldnt be F**kd with that

Funniest I heard was when da 50 in Australia pulled my cousin's homie over. He busted him for having his battery in da boot of his BMW (factory battery)...

DAMN.... I'd be all like...

YAAA TRICK YAAAA !!!

Posted Image