Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Boost Junky: 2nd Saga - M50-T Project

Nice welds bro, But where's the pics of your 3" screamer pipe?? :P

Any ideas for the tip appreciated? I was thinking a dual pipe coming out the rear on an angle outwards.

Quite a nice angle on this one..

Posted Image

..Maybe not quite as long :lol:

Edited by E30ONP

Nice welds bro, But where's the pics of your 3" screamer pipe?? :P

Quite a nice angle on this one..

Posted Image

..Maybe not quite as long :lol:

Badass S13 bro.. haha yea bit excesive on the exhaust not quite that much length lol!

lookin good :)

Cheers Jamez! Race is on when your project is done ;) hurry up and sell your other E30 so you can get the S50B32 done!

Edited by Boost Junky

S50B32 :) id like to see your car rev to 8k :P

Bahh damn typo's.. so used to writing M50B25 lol!

Yea so would I haha... I wish, your cars gonna be awesome too :P

Good sh*t dude.

Weldings real mans work.

Edited by westy

Love eeeeeeet. Saved yourself so much dosh doing it on the bench at home, and much, much more rewarding!

Weld my spring perches on?????????!! Heh

Good sh*t dude.

Weldings real mans work.

Haha yea sure is its a great feeling being able to weld haha

Love eeeeeeet. Saved yourself so much dosh doing it on the bench at home, and much, much more rewarding!

Weld my spring perches on?????????!! Heh

Lol tell me about it i probably spent like $100 on matrials and the only other cost is my weekend haha but so worth it! Henry you need your suspension first before I could even think about it hahahah!!!!!!! :P

Weldings real mans work.

+1 haha

Nice work Luke, looking foward to actually seeing this in the flesh one day

+1 haha

Nice work Luke, looking foward to actually seeing this in the flesh one day

Cheers Matt! Oh and thanks for the lengths of stainless dude! Much appreciated.. will make some good use of them and will show you the finished product ;) Come down with Jase and the others and you will bro.

Yes another teaser I know wont be long now till I have and actual video of it boosting hopefully lol :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Boost Junky

Fully sick.

Race is on for who gets the first boosted video eh?

:lol:

Cheers John :P

Lol I think you will win as you know with the state of my rear wheels now! :( gonna need some vast modification those guards heh!

Guest FrantiC

Yeah man, with smaller tyres and guard work they should be sweeeeet. Already looks pretty sick it will have a sick stance.

Shuld chuck them pics up lol. Could get some ideas.

Lookin gooooood!

Welders are awesome - when I got mine it lifted a barrier that I would always come up against when I'd start doing work on my car, would always have to stop and go somewhere to get welding done, not anymore! Did you buy an auto darkening welding helmet? These are a must have.

Yeah man, with smaller tyres and guard work they should be sweeeeet. Already looks pretty sick it will have a sick stance.

Shuld chuck them pics up lol. Could get some ideas.

Yea definitely will look the biz John with smaller tyres and guards work, got a mate coming over tonight to quote up the body work for me ;)

I made a new thread called 'Mission M50 Turbo gets new Wheels' for the pictures John.

Lookin gooooood!

Welders are awesome - when I got mine it lifted a barrier that I would always come up against when I'd start doing work on my car, would always have to stop and go somewhere to get welding done, not anymore! Did you buy an auto darkening welding helmet? These are a must have.

Sooo true Alex! Like the amount of work I got done in the weekend was awesome simply because I had a welder readily available. Haha nah I didnt aye only need a normal one for now have too much other things to pay for as well lol.

You race through work ay! No more waiting on that welding that takes 3 days longer than promised huh :D

Thats right bro! Only let down is the price to run a damn Tig! And only being new to welding a beginner like me tends to use alot more Argon than normal lol. Ive goten past the stage of burning out tungstens now so thats good haha!

Just you wait for the power bill ;) Hell, a knee high bottle refill or Argoshield is only about $65 smackers!

Just you wait for the power bill ;) Hell, a knee high bottle refill or Argoshield is only about $65 smackers!

Lol is it really as bad as my friend says? :o how much difference does it make to the power bill lol?

Try $80 odd from BOC on a D sized argon bottle...

Other thing i found weird on the argon bottles was the right hand thread normally most gas bottles are left hand thread, Dad told me they are designed like that to stop you from mixing up argon with oxygen bottles lol.

Flammable gases are left hand thread, the inert gases - argon, argoshield and the like - are generally standard right hand thread...

Or thats what they told us at tech lol

Ahh I see, thats a handy one too know cheers man! Man I must practice some more, running out of argon though aha.

Flammable gases are left hand thread, the inert gases - argon, argoshield and the like - are generally standard right hand thread...

Or thats what they told us at tech lol

Yep that's right, the regulator that you bought with the bottle should have it outlined in its leaflet/instructions in big bold letters haha.

And yes, the power bill can get nasty very quickly!

That's why I always offer to take my welder around to other peoples houses if they want work done hahahah (I'm a cheap ass) I'd rather lug the welder, bottle and gear around.

I'm using a D bottle as well and for my it's only $64 per refill.... from BOC maybe they have different prices according to where their refill stations are - IE further travel costs as they don't fill on-site.

Seriously though... auto darkening welding helmet, best thing in the world, ever. Not to expensive either, and your welding gets WAY better haha.

Guest FrantiC

Seriously though... auto darkening welding helmet, best thing in the world, ever. Not to expensive either, and your welding gets WAY better haha.

Yeah the auto darkening helmets are mean, Back in school we used to have one til someone dropped and smashed it.. so I proffered NO mask (used to shadow the arc with the tip of the torch and still be able to weld pretty mint). Right until they got a new better MIG welder and the first time I welded with that, gave me arc eyes that following night hahaha (wasn't funny at the time - trust me)

Edited by FrantiC