Sign in to follow this  
m_power

How do you bring home the bacon?

I'm a graphic designer based in a small company in Bucklands Beach.

Mainly working in the print area but slowly branching into the web & multimedia areas.

No company car, just cruise to and from work in the 328

Factory Manager for a medium sized company making plastic mouldings for the low volume car industry.

No dedicated company car, but can pick from the firms fleet of near WoF-failures if I need a vehicle for the week-end or evening.

Also get to 'borrow' vehicles that we are working on from dealers or manufacturers which can provide some enjoyment....still trying to get a BMW project though.

Company car from my previous job was a BA MkII Falcon - what a barge!

Factory Manager for a medium sized company making plastic mouldings for the low volume car industry.

Not Quest Industries is it?

Guys, It would appear that we have all grown up and got serious in the last 24 hrs.

I'm actually in real estate, and when we had a large concern in Akl I used to have a 3.0d X5, and not just for work chores and when no one else was using it.

It was and still is one of the best vehicles I have ever had and beleive me that is saying something, I seem to have inherited my fathers gene of changing cars like underpants so I've had a few.

Will be looking to pick up a 4.4 for my partner prior to the baby arriving as she won't do a touring, and will most likely chop in some of my less practical newer bemers for a kited or m/s e39 523 - 525, the e34 530 is lovely and has the right bells and whisles but is getting a bit long in the tooth for everyday work.

Have to that so long as its a well cared for bemer its usually a pleasure, will use the e3 with the full webasto roof in summer down here, will be a blast..............

Just think of all the fun we could have if work didnt get in the way.................LOL

Not Quest Industries is it?

Could be, why do you ask?

Guess I should come clean too...

I'm a engineering project manager normally involved in product development (spent 7 years in the european auto industry). Currently project managing an ERP (IT) system selection and implementation.

Declined the Datsun Insult offered by the company, and got myself the 330ci.

Could be, why do you ask?

Worked with Robert on a couple of spoiler CHMSL projects (in a former life)....

Self employed for most of my life, can't imagine working for someone again.

Fabricate and install Aluminium composite panel on commercial Buildings.

Everyday drive's an Isuzu Elf 250, site meetings etc. get to take the E28 M535i.

Worked with Robert on a couple of spoiler CHMSL projects (in a former life)....

Clunk... penny drops, I think we worked together on some TRD stuff quite recently.

Small world, but I wouldn't like to paint it!

How's the new job going? Just out of curiosity which ERP system? Is that as as consultant or eventual user?

ACM IS THE SHIZZLE!!

Deal drugs, well thats how i always got introduced to people

owner of 021 2 GET NOS - now ceased due to laws.

previously worked in genetics researching faster ways to obtain viable genetic material for fast analysis. based on the research we dropped the time from 3-5 hours and an error rate of 10-15% to 15 minutes and an error rate of >2%, before moving into technical claims managment in Melbourne.

no company cars for me.

my job is 5 minutes walk from my apartment in the CBD.

Clunk... penny drops, I think we worked together on some TRD stuff quite recently.

Small world, but I wouldn't like to paint it!

How's the new job going? Just out of curiosity which ERP system? Is that as as consultant or eventual user?

PM'd

Sales Account Manager working in Life Sciences for TransPerfect, a large US based translation company over here in the UK. Company is 3rd largest translation co. in the world and is largest privately owned. No need for a company car - its a 20 min walk away from my flat. Interesting, fast and keeps me busy, so I can't complain!

Auto Sparky - & for a long time. Apart from a stint overseas & another as a sales rep, after each, have ventured back to roots. A trade where theres always something to learn. Is both satisfying & frustrating.

Company drive - good old 93 Nissan Terrano - handy for the race car too! :)

Sigh...

after reading all of your jobs, mine is so gay lol...

im a freezer boy lol... i drive a forklift in -30 deg freezers for 8 hours a day...

not too bad though, ive been there 10 months and only had 2 deadly amonia leaks so far :)

ACM IS THE SHIZZLE!!

Yeah, do a bit of signage. Nice stuff to work with, very clean.

For the newbies I'm director of Attract Signs. My company car is my 87 M325i, when I need to tow or lug signs about I have a 97 Mazda B2200 Cabplus. Ive tooted to a few bimmersport members now while out in the ute, people don't know why I'm tooting... now you do :)

Check out our website which Ollie made for us :) www.attractsigns.co.nz

Shelly's work is absolutely awesome... she did the graphics on my car and has just completed doing our plinth signage work on the road frontage outside our workshop. Absolutely a terrific job and is already attracting people to the workshop. She did the plinth on Saturday and yesterday we got 4 inquiries from people who saw our sign. I'll post up a picture later today.

Great work Shelly

Glenn .... a very happy customer :D

BTW..Ollie did our website too.... another awesome job

Shelly's work is absolutely awesome... she did the graphics on my car and has just completed doing our plinth signage work on the road frontage outside our workshop. Absolutely a terrific job and is already attracting people to the workshop. She did the plinth on Saturday and yesterday we got 4 inquiries from people who saw our sign. I'll post up a picture later today.

Great work Shelly

Shelley did a great job on the bimmersport race cars also.

Great work Shelly

i noticed that when i came in today. real eye catcher

Well I was ASM of Spags Pizza restaurant here in Christchurch until the start of the year, now Im doing a pre-trade course in electrical engineering at polytech and on the hunt for an apprenticeship. So if anyone knows someone who needs an apprentice...... :)

I did a stint installing these a while ago.

Worked on the recladding of the then Bellsouth building in the city.

Its a good product, I rate it.

yeh we use the same sort of thing at work alco panels they are good look good but scratch easy

wasnt the belsouth building by that shell and floras massage lol

Are you talking about the old ARC/ Vodafone reclad at the motorway ramp top of Hobson? My company did the install on that, about 12 to 15 years ago I guess. Did it out of swinging stages.

I run a business making custom composite parts for the marine industry, specializing in carbon sail batten technology and carbon fibre tube.

supply all americas cup, volvo and many other world racing boats aswell as any yacht from 40ft upto well ... as big as you want!

just wished I owned one!! well that was before i heard the average annual maintenance bill

plans of makng car parts in my spare time, but dont seem to have much of that

Edited by Katalyst