Sign in to follow this  
mackt

Can someone say ROADTRIP!

Ok, I'm in Auckland for a conference, went to Turners for a look and I spotted this...

Tims new car

NZ New 540i (2000), all the MSport bits, 120K fullservice history...

So I bought it!!!! Just told my wife (she is so cool and understanding!).

I got a warranty just in case it's a dog :mellow:

Pick it up tomorrow, think I've just shortened the conference will need to start heading back to Invercargill tomorrow I think.

Very Nice! Bet is sounds that business, especially with that exhaust. Auckland to Invercargill........Thats some road trip. Congrats

how much did it end up costing you ?

$16K

Well done, that’s firkin nice. NZ new too! 10 points!

Xenon’s?

That’s gunna be one hell of a drive

That’s gunna be one hell of a drive

I think it's a good thing it's got cruise!

What's the drive time AKL to WGTN? AA guide says 9 hours, I'm hoping it's a bit shorter than that and still have my licence at the ferry terminal!

Good buy.

Had my eye on that one for a while. Black, V8, NZ and facelift - what a combo to have in an E39.

Has it got nav?? The nice lady will tell you how long it will take.. select shortest rout and discover some interesting B roads.

if you cruise through without being silly you could do it in one tank(full in AK) and in about 7 hours (8 max)

Nice car and good value.That makes the Invercargil overpriced IMHO even though it is a manual.What colour interior?Sports seats?LOVE the wheels.Watch out for situations where in othercars you wont be speeding..the 540 will waft you absolutely effortlessy up hill,passing manouvres you will hit 160 without realising,so keep yer eye on the speedo!

Has it got nav?? The nice lady will tell you how long it will take.. select shortest rout and discover some interesting B roads.

I did that in our companys ML270 when I drove from Armidale, NSW to Brisbane, QLD. It was awesome, took me down dirt tracks and all sorts! It was Shorter in distance but not in time

No it doesn't but I've got my TomTom One with me which has been fantastic for me getting around Auckland.

if you cruise through without being silly you could do it in one tank(full in AK) and in about 7 hours (8 max)

Nice car and good value.That makes the Invercargil overpriced IMHO even though it is a manual.What colour interior?Sports seats?LOVE the wheels.Watch out for situations where in othercars you wont be speeding..the 540 will waft you absolutely effortlessy up hill,passing manouvres you will hit 160 without realising,so keep yer eye on the speedo!

It's got sports seats and a very nice Msport steering wheel. Black leather.

I'm aiming to treat it with some respect on this intro drive as I don't want to put it round a tree, I think it will make my 328 seem a bit docile.

No it doesn't but I've got my TomTom One with me which has been fantastic for me getting around Auckland.

It's got sports seats and a very nice Msport steering wheel. Black leather.

I'm aiming to treat it with some respect on this intro drive as I don't want to put it round a tree, I think it will make my 328 seem a bit docile.

the problem with the 540 is it FEELS docile,and they are very quiet.

In response your price comment Kiwi535 I think you are right about the pricing of e39's

I went to a dealer in Invercargill and said I was coming up here to buy a 540 like his one on the yard (2000 Jap import with 70km) for $11K less than the one on his yard - could he match the price (you know support the locals). Thought I was mad. I think I've got a bargain...

I know something else always comes along, but you've got to make a move I guess...

Very nice. The road trip should rock.

Looks like it has the genuine m5 wheels on it too!

Just be extra cautious of the dodgy cooling systems these cars have.

I think it's a good thing it's got cruise!

What's the drive time AKL to WGTN? AA guide says 9 hours, I'm hoping it's a bit shorter than that and still have my licence at the ferry terminal!

7hrs + depends how heavy you foot is :D

In response your price comment Kiwi535 I think you are right about the pricing of e39's

I went to a dealer in Invercargill and said I was coming up here to buy a 540 like his one on the yard (2000 Jap import with 70km) for $11K less than the one on his yard - could he match the price (you know support the locals). Thought I was mad. I think I've got a bargain...

I know something else always comes along, but you've got to make a move I guess...

i was talking about the manual one i was looking at.What day will you be in welly?

Looks like it has the genuine m5 wheels on it too!

Just be extra cautious of the dodgy cooling systems these cars have.

It's got huge rear 18inch tyres (275's?) better start saving already for those...

Yeh, i checked that out, all looks like new, hoses and expansion tank! BONUS. That e39 article was well worth reading.

i was talking about the manual one i was looking at.What day will you be in welly?

Looks like it will be a bad day for sailing tomorrow, so think I'll leave after lunch tomorrow and get the 9.00am Saturday sailing