Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Insurance Fraud

Just thought I would pop this in here

I recently have been involved in an investigation into a person who attempted to defraud an insurance company by making a false claim.

NEVER, EVER attempt to do this, it can effect you worse than a criminal record.

I have had a meeting this morning by an investigator for AMI into a matter that recently has happened with a BMW owner. The owner will now have all his insurance cancelled by AMI and will be entered into the "Insurance register" which basicly means he will no longer be able to get insurance FOR ANYTHING or from any other insurance company.

I am not going to name this person, however I thought it might be a good idea to post something about it.

Just dont even think about it or suggest it.... you are not invisible behind a nicname on the internet, if your on line, you have an IP address, which means you have an account, and you are able to be traced.

anyone we might know?????? There have been a few strange posts on here recently ;)

Unfortunate that your company had to become a part of it Glenn.

It is definatly not a good thing to do - Fraud is a serious charge.

Yes, people all to often think they are anonymous when posting on the net...

Insurance fraud is not a good thing to be stuck with. Is this guy simply on the register Glenn, or have criminal proceedings started?

Police are not getting involved as it was an attempt to defraud....no payment was made so its not fraud

Reminds me of those idiots in Sydney who, after that freak hailstorm which damaged hundreds of cars, tried to claim insurance by smashing their cars with hammers to mimic hail dents!

You can't give out any other info Glenn? Did they try to receive repairs to their car fraudulently?

It wasn't that guy with limited English that kept posting pictures of overheated engine blocks etc was it? :D

Second Glenn’s comments! Like the guy says on the smoking advertisement “it’s just not worth it ehâ€.

Those insurance investigators are really good at their job, if we had them on our Police force there would be less crime. We have one in our Family and he is a scary little man.

I wonder if this was our english language challenged friend.

Edited by Flux

Second Glenn’s comments! Like the guy says on the smoking advertisement “it’s just not worth it eh”.

Those insurance investigators are really good at their job, if we had them on our Police force there would be less crime. We have one in our Family and he is a scary little man.

He was an Ex cop Graham....scarey, "big" man

watch out of your insurer or you got a problem same like this

Posted Image

I have been interrogated before too, they are very good. The get paid really well, can see why you would leave the force.

i dont think its important who it was

Its gunna make life tough for the stupid bugger.

i dont think its important who it was

I totally agree

A client I work for is rather large insurance firm. I can tell you first hand they have more time and resources and motive than the police in a lot of cases to work on protecting themselves aginast this sort of thing.

I think its about as dumb as walking into a bank without a balaclava on

They know somethings up just from the claim form.

Dont be fooled people, assessors / investigators have heard it all before.

I have a friend who tried a stunt regarding a "stolen" 4wd when he was young & stupid.He is now in his 40's with assets (incl a house) which he cannot insure.

Through my former business I have seen these guys at work many times & they are VERY good.

Apart from all that at the end of the day if you try it you're nothing but a thieving prick who the rest of us have to subsidise!!

I know a guy who is an ex cop and is pretty big and is on here. Hope it's not who I'm thinking of.

Would that not mean that you will never be able to own a house as you can't get insurance,hence no loan?

Would that not mean that you will never be able to own a house as you can't get insurance,hence no loan?

You can own a house if you buy it out right as almost all mortgage require insurance cover for the property.

I know a guy who is an ex cop and is pretty big and is on here. Hope it's not who I'm thinking of.

He has to have everything in his partners name which he hates big time & possibly creates an unwanted leverage-a big price to pay for a bit of opportunism.

my job over in melbourne pretty much involves me looking into various claims and busting dodgy people.

biggest one so far has been $90,000 defrauded - that moved fast over to police involement

good times.

Someone I knew also tried this and failed, he was in his 40 - 50s and down on his luck and thought this would be an easy way to make money. He got caught, now his life is effectively *f**ked*. Its a stupid thing to do.

Dumb. WOW we have police browsing the site??

cops are people too... Ther are allowed to belong to forums, and have enthusiam for BMW's you know O_o

Is that meant as sarcasm Shelley? There is at least one cop who used to visit the site a fair bit a few years back, but havn't heard from him in awhile. Can't remember the username, so maybe still here...

If that was sarcasm, i fully failed