Sign in to follow this  
mynbmr

My Work In Progress

Question about your valve cover painting...i'm in the process of doing mine and am having a bit of trouble removing the paint...i've tried paint thinner, gasket stripper (dont ask), turps and sanding it a bit, all with little success. How did you do yours?

Question about your valve cover painting...i'm in the process of doing mine and am having a bit of trouble removing the paint...i've tried paint thinner, gasket stripper (dont ask), turps and sanding it a bit, all with little success. How did you do yours?

You'll need to sand blast, prime well & paint with high temp resistant paint. Can only be done with valve covers removed though

I had the motor out when i did myn, a lot of time and elbow grease :D i usede a hard sanding disk on the drill, and the vaciumcleaner, ^_^ just make sure al the holes are taped up :D

Dutchy

You'll need to sand blast, prime well & paint with high temp resistant paint. Can only be done with valve covers removed though

Car is currently out of action for a month or so while I sort my bushings so figured now would be a good time. They're removed, it's just one hell of a bitch to remove the current paint...i'll try borrow a sandblaster, cheers.

I had the motor out when i did myn, a lot of time and elbow grease biggrin.gif i usede a hard sanding disk on the drill, and the vaciumcleaner, happy.gif just make sure al the holes are taped up biggrin.gif

Dutchy

Will also give this a try, cheers.

can't wait to see what this looks like when finished ... yellow and red ... McDonalds colours

can't wait to see what this looks like when finished ... yellow and red ... McDonalds colours

Yellow, red, black = German flag colours

Car is currently out of action for a month or so while I sort my bushings so figured now would be a good time. They're removed, it's just one hell of a bitch to remove the current paint...i'll try borrow a sandblaster, cheers.

Will also give this a try, cheers.

Just dont be too aggressive with the blaster though....you'll damage the cover. And plug up all threaded and unthreaded holes. Best to put bolts in the threaded holes and bolts, nuts with washes on all the unthreaded holes to protect those areas

Yellow, red, black = German flag colours

wash yor mouth out with soap lol :D waikato colours B)

Dutchy

Can I be cheeky and ask what you're planning to do with those current wheels once you've put the Enkeis on? ;)

sorry getting sold on myn other car -_-

Dutchy

wash yor mouth out with soap lol :D waikato colours B)

Dutchy

A dutchman, using German flag colours on his nice BMW project car that supports Waikato ?? :P

What can I say ???............nuffin

While some of you folks went on a joyful drive on Monday, peerving at all those beautiful, :P sexy looking

gi .... :rolleyes: I mean cars, I painted my car. Here are some more pics. B) Dutchy

post-3075-1233101153_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1233101231_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1233101301_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1233101379_thumb.jpg

Comming along nicely man, again good colour choice :ph34r:

We are getting close :rolleyes:

Dutchy

post-3075-1234550878_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1234551096_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1234551165_thumb.jpg

Whoa theres some hard work going on there mate nice effort!

This photo..... http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&id=15967

Man did it confuse me at first looked like you had a BMW motor with the exhaust comming off on the passangers side :unsure:

Then i figured the image had been inverted or something?

still think it would look better with that red leather interior of mine . :P

good work .

post-279-1234597484_thumb.jpg

post-279-1234597522_thumb.jpg

post-279-1234597637_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

still think it would look better with that red leather interior of mine . :P

Keep trying Brent lol :P and i dont think Glenn will approve, to much waikato colours :D

Edited by bmrmad

Whoa theres some hard work going on there mate nice effort!

This photo..... http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&id=15967

Man did it confuse me at first looked like you had a BMW motor with the exhaust comming off on the passangers side :unsure:

Then i figured the image had been inverted or something?

its a V8

Just some more pictures B):o

Dutchy

post-3075-1234656151_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1234656209_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1234656266_thumb.jpg

Finally an update, finished my exhaust and my m3 mirrors, nextt week my wheels and a W.O.F., new rego and it is all done :rolleyes: And than il get bored <_<:rolleyes:

post-3075-1236556355_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1236556414_thumb.jpg

post-3075-1236556481_thumb.jpg