Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Road Legal Track Car on a Budget

^ Just pedal feel, keeping it firm on the track. Don't have any personal experience yet cause there is no fluid in there atm and car is chilling on the jacks as usual :D. And thanks James.

Edited by Forrest

Pimpin!

Braided lines make the shitty e30 brake feel a little less poo, every little bit helps! I've got solid lines in the back now lol.

^ Lol, nice description. Those rears are def wofable ay? Had a thought the other day whether I ever checked.

^ Lol, nice description. Those rears are def wofable ay? Had a thought the other day whether I ever checked.

Yup :) Had no problems. They were sold to me as not needing a cert, markings on the yellow collar are the standard needed apparently.

^ Mad yo. Chur. One less thing to worry about when owning a e30 :wacko: like playing russian roulette come warrant time :D

Edited by Forrest

Would you like a slice of WIN with that e30?

Posted Image

Wheel alignment tomorrow.

More pics to come :)

Would you like a slice of WIN with that e30?

Posted Image

Wheel alignment tomorrow.

More pics to come :)

I WANT THAT!

Dam Nathan thats cheap & looks hot. Does it bolt straight on or what? Stripe it with the ///m colours where that yellow bit is. I dare ya.

I WANT THAT!

www.nzkw.co.nz

$160 to my door. (Obviously its not a real OMP wheel, but it's a bloody good copy lol).

Max, I would piss several people off if I did that, I miles well put a m3 badge on the back too, the only things remotely 'M' on my car are the bigger 51mm front struts. So maybe not haha. And ya it bolts right on to a normal boss kit.

Edited by Forrest

Awesome wheel! Are you going to lower the steering column at all? I assume you have quite low race seats ha

Nice wheel bro :lol:

/Edit - IMO remove the dark surround that comes with it. I reckon it looks better without it.

Edited by Mattzy

That will is mint !! did it come with the omp centre ?

Awesome wheel! Are you going to lower the steering column at all? I assume you have quite low race seats ha

Um I drove the car last night and the race seat is low but not low low, I'm not that short so its liveable atm, could be a project down the line.

Nice wheel bro :lol:

/Edit - IMO remove the dark surround that comes with it. I reckon it looks better without it.

Cheers man, pretty much my car is as cool as yours now :wub: haha I will give it a stab.

That will is mint !! did it come with the omp centre ?

Thanks man, yeah it did, it came with the 'OMP' centre, although its not a real OMP wheel.

Got car back terrorising the streets last night, goes so much better, is so tight now. Only problem was I have massive problems with bubbles in the brake lines particulary the front lines, anyone got any tips?

- The pedal felt nice and firm after bleeding them, then drop it off the jacks and roll it out of the garage and its sooooo soft. Frustrating. <_<

Outdoor snap with wheels on, been busy today so only got one done, and the car is hella dirty. Is all wheel aligned now, feels heaps better. Just need to fix the blasted brakes and sort rear sway bar, managed to snap a rear link last night when rolling it back and forth and it got caught in the driveshaft <_<. More tuning to come :)

Posted Image

Hope you guys like, I am well stoked with the result.

- Nathan

Edited by Forrest

^ Cheers Dean. Sounds like a plan bro, just hit me a text whenever. Photo shoot? Yes.

Edited by Forrest

nice dude very nice. im not a red car guy personaly but the Maroon on flat black bonnet looks the biz. good to see the hard work payed off

looking good!!! looks like its got a fair few more horse's than a 316i can put out :P the m50 conversion your thinking of will complement the car very nicely.

nice dude very nice. im not a red car guy personaly but the Maroon on flat black bonnet looks the biz. good to see the hard work payed off

Cheers man really appreciate it. Yeah wasn't the biggest fan of the color, grown on me now, it's just not a race car color, but atleast it's original. Cheers :)

Looking good Nath! Will flick you a text in the weekend maybe check it out bro B)

Cheers Luke, yeah bro am keen for a thrash. Hit me up :D

Cheers man really appreciate it. Yeah wasn't the biggest fan of the color, grown on me now, it's just not a race car color, but atleast it's original. Cheers :)

Cheers Luke, yeah bro am keen for a thrash. Hit me up :D

Haha sweet is the car all road legal? Ill be staying at the James cook on the terrace i think the hotel is called? So will be more in town most of the time.

looking good!!! looks like its got a fair few more horse's than a 316i can put out :P the m50 conversion your thinking of will complement the car very nicely.

Haha yeah it still pulls alright, it's essentially the same as the race series 318i's minus the cam and the chip so it's not sluggish. Yeah m50 will be awesome, just need to decide now when I do that wether I swap to a coupe shell and cage it and swap the good bits over :D got 6 months to decide haha. Cheers James.

Haha sweet is the car all road legal? Ill be staying at the James cook on the terrace i think the hotel is called? So will be more in town most of the time.

Yeah bro it's legit as, just brakes are slightly soft which I can work on :D Sweet my dad has a carpark there so I can meet you there easy as.

Yeah bro it's legit as, just brakes are slightly soft which I can work on :D Sweet my dad has a carpark there so I can meet you there easy as.

Oh mint haha keen as! Be good to see her on the track too

^ 2 weeks and that will be a reality :D Then can have some bragging rights haha