Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E36 M3 Cab

Yes the M3, and yeah possibly a coil problem. It only does it cold, only sometimes, and the only link I can think of is short trips. Even then its not like it is all short trips (or all times when it doesn't get up to temp).

I'm gonna wait till its a real problem - too hard to troubleshoot otherwise.

Edited by CamB

Yes the M3, and yeah possibly a coil problem. It only does it cold, only sometimes, and the only link I can think of is short trips. Even then its not like it is all short trips (or all times when it doesn't get up to temp).

I'm gonna wait till its a real problem - too hard to troubleshoot otherwise.

My coupe does the same thing. Every now and again it will run roughly. Normally happens if it's been started, backed out of the garage, turned off and washed. When I go to start it again it sounds like a diesel. Thought it might be unburnt fuel/running rich.

Would never do it when I took it to the dealer, so I'm gonna wait until it gets worse.

Unknown. Scan ,service then scan and now runs beautifully. Most probably the sh*t gas that was in it before it ran out about a k from Turners. Filled with 98 runs like a dream.

M5 this week .. Maybe...

I told the lady at the counter it was starting to miss a little when i test drove it , because it was out of gas .

New story.... this isn't abusive?

How about you just answer the question thank you .

Like I said, I will be happy to visit you.

I also have friends that I think live nearby so you don't have to worry about putting me up or anything like that.

I don't get it? Why do you need to visit him?

I'm not sure a real telling off is any more (or less) effective than an e-telling off. If you mean more than that, by all means say it, get banned, and we can all move on ;)

How about you just answer the question thank you .

Like I said, I will be happy to visit you.

I also have friends that I think live nearby so you don't have to worry about putting me up or anything like that.

People are TRYING to get this thread back on topic, can you please just refrain from postingif it's not on topic.

You seem to be the only person who had a problem with Simon*'s post, most people who have been on this forum a while know Simon*'s a bit of a funny guy etc.

ON TOPIC: Nice buy Ray, from the pics you posted, I have no idea why people have said it looked rough? Congrats, i'm jealous :(

Simon, please show the members respect by not referring to them as ' muppets ' and ' kids '.

Why? Some of us are muppets... :P

Well, here we go.

1) you are out of order because you refer to me by name (and I do not even know you) and the protocol on international forums is to refer to people by their user name.

2) you are further out of order by making incorrect comments implying that I have not spent more than 5 minutes of my time contributing/ viewing this forum. You statement is invalid.

3) You wish to patronise me by suggesting that " it would be wise ....". You further make a personal attack at me by accusing me of " sarcastic remarks ".

4) you finish off your rhetoric by further attempts to patronise me with your statement " perhaps showing the same sort of respect you seem so desperate to get....etc "

You sir are mistaken.

If I were moderating this board I would ban you for a month on the spot.

There is nothing at all that I have said that warrants your abuse.

There is everything in international board rules that warrants you being displaced immediately.

I have nothing more to say to you, other than, if this admin does not censor your outrageously obnoxious behaviour here then I will be absolutely amazed.

Jesus - lighten up! It's the internet for gods sake! It isn't life or death....

Now , now, you are being rude and I am sure that you are not complying with forum protocol.

By the way, where do you live ? If you are available I will visit you in the next two days. We could discuss your attitude.

Now a threat on a public forum is not a smart idea... I have no idea who you are, but chill out a little.

Back on topic...

Very nice car Ray. Looks sharp in red.

Now a threat on a public forum is not a smart idea... I have no idea who you are, but chill out a little.

Back on topic...

What threat ?

Looks mint after a good clean and paint touch up Ray! Hellrot is one of my favourite e36 colours. Let me know if you plan to sell... :P

My coupe does the same thing. Every now and again it will run roughly. Normally happens if it's been started, backed out of the garage, turned off and washed. When I go to start it again it sounds like a diesel. Thought it might be unburnt fuel/running rich.

Would never do it when I took it to the dealer, so I'm gonna wait until it gets worse.

A recent Total BMW article on the M50 engined E34's mentioned that it was a very bad idea to start the car and then turn it off before the engine had a chance to warm up. They would either run terribly once started again or not start at all. I guess that could apply to other BMW engines as well?

People are TRYING to get this thread back on topic, can you please just refrain from postingif it's not on topic.

You seem to be the only person who had a problem with Simon*'s post, most people who have been on this forum a while know Simon*'s a bit of a funny guy etc.

ON TOPIC: Nice buy Ray, from the pics you posted, I have no idea why people have said it looked rough? Congrats, i'm jealous :(

Once again, personal attack with patronising comment.

Edited by OSCAR

Caught my bin full of fish, I'm off to bed, see you all tomorrow?

Very nice cars Ray, must catch up, need some E36 bits for my race car?

A recent Total BMW article on the M50 engined E34's mentioned that it was a very bad idea to start the car and then turn it off before the engine had a chance to warm up. They would either run terribly once started again or not start at all. I guess that could apply to other BMW engines as well?

Mine is a 325i M50 with vanos, same as used in the later model e34's. I guess it's just a good excuse to take it for a drive so it gets a chance to warm up.

The 5 series owners manual strongly recommends NOT letting the car sit idling at cold start-up.

Thats interesting, as my car gets moved around a lot in our driveway by other people, often only running for as little as 15 seconds, and mostly runs like a 1980's diesel before it warms up when I get in it.

Back on topic...

My name is not Jesus.

Why did you use that particular name ?

Is this forum for " God's sake " ? Maybe I should call myself Jesus ?

Yes...the ONLY comment that you articulated correctly was the one that said that you have no idea who I are (am).

The 5 series owners manual strongly recommends NOT letting the car sit idling at cold start-up.

That's right. If I recall in one of the manuals it advises that the amount of gas the car uses while idling cold for 3min is the equivalent of the car travelling 1km when cold...something along those lines anyway.

That's right. If I recall in one of the manuals it advises that the amount of gas the car uses while idling cold for 3min is the equivalent of the car travelling 1km when cold...something along those lines anyway.

Personally once I start it all I want to do is driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive.

PS this is such a fun thread. :rolleyes:

PPS ray-the M3 is very cool.

Very nice cars you have there Ray! The Red M3 looks like it was a very good buy, well done.

This is been an.....interesting thread. Hoping it clocks over to ten pages :) has this been done before???

This is been an.....interesting thread. Hoping it clocks over to ten pages :) has this been done before???

A few topics have, eg. Anzac Cruise etc.

Guest SamSpargo

10 pages? My last post only took it to 4 pages, change your page view settings haha

good thread.

Great thread.

It's some mad Jerry Springer sh*t right happenin right here...

Let them battle it out on stage wit' a table full of cream cakes, and midgets e.t.c..

Yep, as I expected (it would sell for ALOT more than 8k or there was something wrong with it).

Nice buy Ray, car is looking great :)!

Nice M3 Ray. It's always good to see an M3 taken care of.

PS: Your daughter has good taste in cars and colour.