Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

Matts 1988 325i B-road Panda coloured WIP

Cheers guys.

Thanks Karl, I've only really got into a stide with it over the last month. I've got miles to improve, but at least things are in focus now! :D

Sweet pics

Camera is....?

Canon 450d

Edit: BTW Matt, would you mind sharing what settings youve used for those photos and what you did with the white balance etc and post processing? Im loving what youve done! PM or facebook me if you dont want to tell the whole world.

Edited by SIR E30

Canon 450d

Edit: BTW Matt, would you mind sharing what settings youve used for those photos and what you did with the white balance etc and post processing? Im loving what youve done! PM or facebook me if you dont want to tell the whole world.

Sure dude no prob!

I'll start with the top photo.

F-stop: f/5.6

Exposure: 1/50 sec.

ISO 800

Focal length: 200mm

White balance: auto

No flash

Photoshop CS3 editing:

Sharpening

White balance adjustment via the levels channel (was minimal)

Colour adjustment where applicable via the curves channel (adjusted red, green & blue individually)

F-stop: f/3.5

Exposure: 1/6 sec.

ISO 800

Focal length: 18mm

White balance: auto

No flash

Photoshop CS3 editing:

Sharpening

White balance adjustment via the levels channel.

Exposure correction (top left of the shot was blown out) so I created a new layer with a diagonal black gradient (darker in the top left getting lighter towards the middle) and layered this on top. Adjusted opacity to suit (my ghetto way of band aid fixing crappy exposures, works okay)

Colour adjustment where applicable via the curves channel (adjusted red, green & blue individually)

The one of my car is hardly very good, still parts of the shot are blown out, and it would be cooler with less DOF. But I was shooting handheld in a garage with lots of light leaking in. That and it was only a quick snap or two.

Remember you can generally always save peoples shots to your desktop, right click them and go "details"

This should usually have the details that the photographer used for the shot.

Hope that helps!

ANd she lives! missed this car alot. my fav car on BS.. good to see the project still lives! updates updates updates!!

Cheers dude, yeah as mentioned have had lots going on. Its definately far from over. E36 rack, is next on the agenda!

Thank you sir.. My favourite is the top one, the depth of field is cool. How did you keep yourself steady with the long focal length and slow shutter?

I am super glad my favorite project thread is getting back into business ;)

I just realised you have tech2 body and IS front too.. :o

JDMGDM y0...liking where this is going

Boosted? Mattzy? E30?

I are very excite.

Indeed. Hi! Victory.

The plan is to +T an RB25DE.

Have done several of these and have friends with ROM burning and tuning software.

Power goal is a responsive 220rwkw.

Will need just the basics really:

FMIC, EBC, 3" dump/exhaust, standard 25det turbo/manifold, S14k's injectors, f/pump.

Just collecting parts at this stage as I intend to be in and out of this country through the middle of this year.

Bad assery. Nisarn gbox + custom driveshaft?

Roger that + custom engine & box mounts.

Have stumbled onto a few RB E30's and E36's.

IMO it has to still be one of the most cost effective hybrid powerplants. Magic hp/$ ratio!

2JZ would be nice. But $$

Still lovn' it. Keep it up.

Absolutely love this thread. Makes me glad I didn't take the plunge and buy a Tech II kit. Still waiting for my IS front lip to arrive from SA. Grr.

There was a 2JZ-GE on trademe for $500. I wonder if anyone has had any experience +T-ing them? I imagine it'd be a torque monster

Absolutely love this thread. Makes me glad I didn't take the plunge and buy a Tech II kit. Still waiting for my IS front lip to arrive from SA. Grr.

There was a 2JZ-GE on trademe for $500. I wonder if anyone has had any experience +T-ing them? I imagine it'd be a torque monster

Cheers dudes.

Part of me wanted to keep it all BMW, do something along the lines of a turbo M20b25 but after reading countless threads I felt no-one ever really got one running reliably with the power I’m after (and without spending $$) for more than 12 months.

NZ is also flooded by Japanese parts which is great because it makes the entry price for this kind of bolt on build fairly cheap and achievable.

How do you find the handling + ride of the BCs versus the H&R spring/shock combo you had before?

What was the price of the BCs? PM me if you like.

Terribly tempted to RB25DE+T the e30 next holidays. 2JZ-GE+T would be nice too, but finding the manifolds and turbo gear might prove a bit harder.

How do you find the handling + ride of the BCs versus the H&R spring/shock combo you had before?

What was the price of the BCs? PM me if you like.

Terribly tempted to RB25DE+T the e30 next holidays. 2JZ-GE+T would be nice too, but finding the manifolds and turbo gear might prove a bit harder.

Similar to what my S14 was, pretty agressive. I grabbed the BC's 2nd hand for $1200

Two RB25DE+T E30's! You could pretty safely say they would be the only two!

Guys want more for the 2JZ-GE stuff than the RB gear. RB turbos/manifolds & oil lines can be had for about $300 +/- $50 whereas the 2JZ stuff is normally a couple of hundred more.

A 2JZ E30 would be amazing though... (hint. Do it.)

/Edit totally went off on a tangent..

Comparing the H&R's

The H&R's were awesome, rode lower than most shock & spring combos but not stupid low. Sat nice and firm, but not bouncy and best of all they were totally legal. For what I wanted at the time they were perfect.

Edited by Mattzy

Two RB25DE+T E30's! You could pretty safely say they would be the only two!

Just to sh*t on your lovely parade, I know a guy who RB30DET'ed his E30.. BUT I have never seen it running, so you still might be able to claim that haha :P

Just to sh*t on your lovely parade, I know a guy who RB30DET'ed his E30.. BUT I have never seen it running, so you still might be able to claim that haha :P

Haha yeah there was a guy with a RB30 down in hamilton. However, nothing along the lines of a hybrid bolt on NA (as far as I'm aware of) :lol: