Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

Matts 1988 325i B-road Panda coloured WIP

Will people (mods) have a rage if I post something to that flavour up?

Water.. Test.

Test.. Water

:lol:

No problem if it's done on private property. Full blown burnouts on public roads is NOT endorsed, encouraged, tolerated etc.

Find someone's carpark bro.

I have a good car park :ph34r:

hey mate nice going with the E30 its looking awesome !!

What sort of bulbs did you use to get that whitey bluey light from your headlights ? - is it just a straight bulb swap or HID kit?

$150 + Free roof spouting for sideskirts + Wound down torsen bars + 2 x Random wheels + 1 x Roll of tint = Generic BRO van.

Ok.. It's not my van but I confess to doing the sweet sideskirts.

Seriously though.. who the hell would have thought they painted vans "roof spouting white".. I sware that it colour matches perfectly!

Posted Image

E30 update:

LSD Casing out

Posted Image

Nom nom crownwheel

Posted Image

LSD centre

Posted Image

Sticker lovin'

Posted Image

Random shot

Posted Image

- Case and Centre are with a friend to have the center swapped, lockup and preload adjusted and set.

- Still trying to get my money back off those scamming f**ks.

- Supplier for the front indicators is retarded.

- Need tech-2 rear bumper and side mouldings to join the cool crew.

- Work is super busy.

- I need to paint this junk!

Edited by Mattzy

Hahaha sweet DIY sideskirts!

If I ever own a BRO van, so finding me some roof spouting.

Chuck some on your e30. Colour match would be pretty good too.

Hahaha sweet DIY sideskirts!

If I ever own a BRO van, so finding me some roof spouting.

Just Give Livy a call she works for Marley!

Then Chris mite be able to hook you up on some other stuff through Bunnings! haha

Lol - coincidence, but I was walking through the office this afternoon and the following brochure was sitting on a colleagues desk:

For future reference - from Marley Racing Products

post-339-1241653185_thumb.jpg

that gearknob is hilarious. so hilarious i had to get one too.

150mm tall an blue an bubbly lol. may have to buy 2 one for the bimmer an one for the dirty s13

nice setup ya got there mattzy +12 on the wheel offset would have been enough for me but each to there own. not to sound like a idiot but did u decide on a colour?

that gearknob is hilarious. so hilarious i had to get one too.

150mm tall an blue an bubbly lol. may have to buy 2 one for the bimmer an one for the dirty s13

nice setup ya got there mattzy +12 on the wheel offset would have been enough for me but each to there own. not to sound like a idiot but did u decide on a colour?

Haha pics of your knob dude.

RE offset:

I guess its technically +2 now seeing as ive got 10mm spacers all around. IMO the front sits nicely (albiet a bit high) but the rear is too weak. Ideally i'd run around -5 on the back.

Yep have long decided on a colour. And once we get the diff back in (tonight hopefully!) I'll be finishing the panel work then start throwing some colour down.

I've had to slow down a wee bit on the car as I've been trying to sort my sh*t out financially. Mind you I never had a timeframe and it was more of a toy too muck around with... so its all good!

You on the NZSilvia or s-chassis forums?

/Edit - Might as well update you cats on some E30 drifting!

So the much loved Commrades E30 "Dowork" is getting new feet and a new powerplant.

It gets Nissans CA18DET. Also a D-Drug wing.. Haruguchi style!

Old footwork:

Posted Image

New:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shamelessly jacked from ZT

Edited by Mattzy

Purple Drift Teks, Omg hawt.

Looking foward to seeing your panda wip painted.

Haha pics of your knob dude.

RE offset:

I guess its technically +2 now seeing as ive got 10mm spacers all around. IMO the front sits nicely (albiet a bit high) but the rear is too weak. Ideally i'd run around -5 on the back.

Yep have long decided on a colour. And once we get the diff back in (tonight hopefully!) I'll be finishing the panel work then start throwing some colour down.

I've had to slow down a wee bit on the car as I've been trying to sort my sh*t out financially. Mind you I never had a timeframe and it was more of a toy too muck around with... so its all good!

You on the NZSilvia or s-chassis forums?

wow thats a hard out offset for a dirty 30 lol but good shizle.

pics of the DOMINATOR lol will be coming as soon as i get my camera back off my mate.

on the finacial topic thats exactly why my project has slowed up. but im hoping for a october finish time(certed on road an in rough panel format)

yea dude im on SNZ hard! was here first but my love of nissans will never die so i on there too. im Gastkr on there too. my build thread of my 2hundy is on there with its big heavy rb20det(yet to find any nice low offset wheels for it yet <_< maybe so 16x8s with +12 would be nice to start with. then work up to the 17or 18z)

The CA looks completely lost in the engine bay!

The CA looks completely lost in the engine bay!

Definately agree! I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

It will definately take some weight from the nose and I see awesome potential for a V-Mount setup!

Also - LSD's in and working nicely.

Edited by Mattzy

I don't really see the point to v-mount. I know the reasons that get quoted, but I reckon the difference in heat and in intake path would make bugger all difference.

I don't really see the point to v-mount. I know the reasons that get quoted, but I reckon the difference in heat and in intake path would make bugger all difference.

For sure mate - However I guess V-Mounting in this application would be more about protecting the intercooler, oilcooler and radiator. You could move it deeper into the engine bay and further from harm. I also agree gains from V-Mounting are negligible.

Although I cannot deny super bling intake shrouds, angled radiators and flashy rivets look cool! (I love rice)

Although I cannot deny super bling intake shrouds, angled radiators and flashy rivets look cool! (I love rice)

QFT - nothing wrong with engine bay bling.

So its 10:30 - 11:00ish PM on Sunday evening and we've just got back from the Warriors.

With no real plans for the night and after a couple of beers we decide we want to venture back out into the cold and do something.

So I call Air New Zealand hoping to get a flight down to Christchurch (for no real reason barring continued alcohol consumption) but unfortunately the last plane had left... Sh*t, I even tried Wellington but had no joy... It seemed the only plane leaving somewhere Sunday evening was to the USA... slightly out of my budget for impulse traveling.

The next idea was something I've wanted to do for a while; and part of the reason for buying a sensible car.

To drive from Auckland to the top of NZ to watch the sunrise (in a totally hetrosexual, two guys, thug life way)

So after much deliberation (read: filling the car up) we jumped in, fired up the super awesome E-bay powered HID's and set our sights on the top.

Posted Image

Toll gate time (sorry I know its a horrible shot!)

Posted Image

One of the many random stops

Posted Image

Cue generic wheel shot

Posted Image

So we arrived at around 5ish in the morning.

I slept for maybe 2 and a half hours before getting out of the car to snap this one... Yes, thats ice on the car.

For those who haven't been to the top of our country at 7am in the morning on the first day of winter and are looking to do so, I would largely reccomend against it! You've got to be nuts...

I cannot explain how bitterly cold the wind was..

But was the juice worth the squeeze?

Fu*k yeah it was.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wish I'd taken a real camera instead of a snappy-snap digital, but oh well.

Heres some more:

Posted Image

Looking from the carpark.

Posted Image

Words cannot explain how cold it was in that wind. So I ran...

Posted Image

To the top! This is looking directly out from the top of the North Island

Posted Image

Stopping to fix a blown fuse...

Posted Image

Note the new two tone mud-job.

Posted Image

Snapped this one when we were stopped. No idea where-ville

Posted Image

Entering the rather disappointing tunnel.

I probably should paint the car soon too!

Edited by Mattzy

Fair call would have been pretty gay if ya were in a Z3 ha.  Bring the car for an outing on Thursday dying to see in person.

Fair call would have been pretty gay if ya were in a Z3 ha.  Bring the car for an outing on Thursday dying to see in person.

Haha we had the sunroof down, thats bad enough mate!

Yeah I saw you were heading up, will try make it.

Its really not much to look at!

Bozuku would be rad!

Edited by Mattzy