Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

Matts 1988 325i B-road Panda coloured WIP

I want your car, like I will be honest wish I built something like this instead :ph34r:

Haha dont go saying it too loudly dude, might start a witch-hunt from the Euro purists!

Anyway,

Nothing really super-crazy to report. Other than I had a mate come around today and help me do all the panel gaps. To get all the doors working as they should be (ie opening :lol:) Definately a bonus having panel beater and car painter trades as friends!

BRS pointed me to a good NZ supplier for FRP Mtech-II kits (cheers dude!). But it looks like the side mouldings and rear bumper is still going to be around $800ish

+ I need some more aero for the front.

Fu*k this crap is retarded expensive.

My last FULL FRP kit was $250. <_<

And I need wingmirrors ARHghghwahHWHWHWHGHRHGhrr

I want those RADICAL group-A DTM ones. I think im going to get some.

/End aero rage

I also picked up my new sparky things to replace the old sparky things:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have a some pics of Dave Blunts E30. Note the wing. Note how awesome it is. Note how you need some!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know matt no need to thank me ... oh I know im just so clever ...

I have found the perfect paint job for your beast B)

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

Somebody shoot whoever owns that thing lol!

Bro.

Thats got TV's in its TV's!

Thanks Xzibit

Posted Image

Holla

ha hope those kits aren't too bad fitting like mine, wil be algood man, you have good body work mates!

On the mirrors, id just keep them standard imo, hate the dtm ones

Fu*k this crap is retarded expensive.

Whole project looks $pensive!! Enjoying the progress reports and it's shaping up sweet.

Threads gone too deep for me to find what you've got under the hood... :ph34r:, but I'm sure I saw a post today about a supercharged m20 going at the mo if you were thinking of having a spare engine floating around...

ha hope those kits aren't too bad fitting like mine, wil be algood man, you have good body work mates!

On the mirrors, id just keep them standard imo, hate the dtm ones

+1 on that. The aftermarket mirrors look alot like japanese aftermarket ones you see on hondas in my opinion matt. Either way its your choice bro and whatever you do your car is gonna be a minta!

B) B)

Whole project looks $pensive!! Enjoying the progress reports and it's shaping up sweet.

Cheers mate, but its really not that expensive because I do as much as I can by an myself. And if I can't do it i'll get one of my friends to give me a hand. Also the larger more expensive parts are often much cheaper (not so much atm) when sourced from overseas.. just takes a little hunting and a few emails.

Wicked camera work! There's alot of hours of footage to make that 3 min clip.

Drigting was cool too.

Haha sorry gents.

I've been fairly busy with work lately and haven't really had much of a chance to update this thread.

(read: Ok, I've been lazy)

A few weeks back I took the car for another shakedown and managed to split a coolant hose at the back of the engine. I just got around to replacing it today and everything is running nicely engine-wise now (apart from the holes in the exhaust and the fact the engine sounds like its going to grenade.. But no biggie!)

Stuff thats on its way:

IS front lip to replace my ghetto PFL one

FRP door pods

Mtech II rear bumper

Clear side repeaters (yes.. I know I have more rice than uncle Ben)

Clear front indicators

Stuff I need to get before paint:

New bonnet..

Maybe a new front bumper cover?

We can't really paint it without the rest of the kit, so I am pretty much at a stalemate untill all my bits arrive.

But what I can do is hit you with some pics of another project!

So my friend Mark picked up a Junker E30 the other day…

Cheap cheap!

Engine wise it had a dying auto 2L in it. It also came with adjustable front shocks (only height) and cut rear springs which was a total bonus!.. Ok well.. the cut springs arent exactly a bonus.. We’ve got plans to install a M50B25 from a BMW E34. However, I suspect this won't be enough for what we’ve got planned so you may see some bolt on forced induction at a later date..

Sorry about the shitty photos, left the camera at home (fail-o-thon)

Bro. Sick.

Posted Image

So we pulled the old engine out and gutted the interior.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Old donk

Posted Image

New engine with custom desert storm cam cover flaking paint.

Posted Image

Oh! And we brought the “Forget RB20DET’s… this sh*t is powered by flowers†Laurel out of retirement.

Posted Image

More to come.

Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

Edited by Mattzy

Thank god

Shes mack.

Okay so this afternoon after re-bleeding the brakes I took the car for a hack along some local roads.

Halfway along this road I hit the only piece of traffic in the area in the form of a Rav4 driving soccer mum. Just as I caught up to the desperate housewife I glanced to my rear vision mirror only to see this new black V8 Commodore rapidly threading its way through the corners to my rear. Soccer mum then decides to pull into a driveway. Now what better a way to spend 10 mins testing the cars newly bled brakes than a spirited sprint through the hills.

Now I would love to say that the mighty (engine about to grenade) E30 decimated the commonwhore.. But unfornately this was not the case. However during our little 5min sprint I noticed several things. Firstly being that my brakes suck.. And I mean REALLY suck.. Its like the pads are made out of cheese. There is absolutely no feeling in the pedal, its spongy and lifeless and generally horrid. It makes me hate my life. (Well OK, maybe not.. But imagine a new level of seriously sh*tty brakes)

I also noticed that although the Commodore was FAR quicker on the straights (duh..) That the E30 did surprisingly well through the tight twistys. Although this presented another problem - Because I'm running a depressing open diff, the car would constantly be spinning one wheel from corner apex to exit unless I backed off... I know..Lame. Seriously Lameballs.

Anyway so are there any mods brake-wise that I should invest in?

Obviously theres the simple things like braided lines, race/street pads and flashy fluid.

But what about things like different master cyls?

Yes I know I need an LSD. I know. I know. Im poor. Cant afford 12 million euro.

I stopped for some snappy snap on the way back too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mattzy

Still my favourite e30 on BS,

You're my hero Matt.

Edited by bravo

Awesome.

Those stars on the back window are so cool, I want.

+1000000000 :)

arrggh i cant wait to see the paint on this thing and the iS lip!

its got style AND more!

love it like always!

omg, my brakes suck, cry cry

OEM pads for street use and oem rotors, braided lines, rebuilt calipers and new master cylinder.

Edited by JiB

Yeah, check your brakes lines for signs of expanding / spongyness - JiB had two that were buggered. Swap to braided lines and it was pretty awesome (ok, adequate). That's the first thing I would check.

If you spent less on the iS lip you'd have more for an LSD ;)