Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Europlates update!

Did you ask them why they weren't solving real crimes like rapes and murders, drugs, gangs and etc.

Was gonna get to that but remember'd I had no rego lol

The yellow ones however are the lowest forms of life on the planet

So true, iv got nothing but hate for the highway patrol. Iv had various tickets and all of them were from a highway patrol, when the law broken has been very marginal. Whereas when iv actually been breaking the law blatantly and been caught by an actual police officer, they've issued nothing but a warning.

Good on you mate for sticking it to the man, theres nothing i hate more than a stuck up pommy import of a cop telling me how to drive.

FTP

I am getting soo sick of the europlates topic.

Why can't they just leave us the f**k alone. Go after cars that actually look like they've been stolen, opposed to most of the cars on the forum which are mint. The f**king priorities of the cops is absolutely amazing.

Someone needs to bring this to the attention of someone important and who actually gives a sh*t before anyone else gets ticketed.

New Zealand fails.

This is bullsh*t, can't believe they have nothing better to do. I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago because cops thought I was going "too fast" when I overtook them (two lanes in both directions, he was in front of me doing about 30). Also asked me about the plates, told him what the deal was, no problem. As for going "too fast", had a radar detector, they didn't have radar on, end of story (I was doing under 60 anyway). Cop was a nice guy tho, even had a laugh with him :)

The main problem is all these up themselfs cops who *have to* ticket anyone with a nice car. Whether you get a ticket or not depends on the officer you get.

The person we need to talk to is John Cambpell (sp)

Wish I had gotten some whitness' numbers for proof (believe me there would have been atleast 70 people watching.

Seriuosly though, would probably get further with him than any other way.

Someone needs to bring this to the attention of someone important and who actually gives a sh*t before anyone else gets ticketed.

New Zealand fails.

Problem is, nobody of any sort of authority seems to give a sh*t anyway, they are all in it for their own gains.

Fully agree with the latter part.

Indecorous you sir are a legend.

I have just ordered some new german plates for the 740, will see how it pans out in this part of the country.

Does Fair Go still air on Tv??!!

I've never bothered with an Euro-Plate.

Mainly cos the police down my way are girl-picker-on-ers.

Always ticket girls. And let off guys.

My old BM was pink-stickered, even though it was 110ml off the ground in a police car check. BUT the same day they let off a ute with 6 people sitting on the deck on couches, and it had no warrant! Grrr.

Cops in my area pick on anyone with anything different. So with a Euro-Plate, soon enough i'd be ticketed.

You Aucklanders think you have it bad??

Come get a taste of Mt Maunganui.

Smaller populaton + More police per vehicles = Dammit.

I feel sorry for you Ashkan, no one deserves that kind of sh*t while going to a shopping centre.

Glad some people don't turn into absolute pussys when they get told off by the boys in blue.

I am getting soo sick of the europlates topic.

Why can't they just leave us the f**k alone. Go after cars that actually look like they've been stolen, opposed to most of the cars on the forum which are mint. The f**king priorities of the cops is absolutely amazing.

New Zealand fails.

Rodney Hide could be a good person to bombard with letters - his main mission in life is meant to be reducing useless wastage of taxpayer money, hard to see how this would not fit the bill.

WAAA WAA WAA I BROKE THE LAW AND GOT CAUGHT

All you people going around saying FTP get what you deserve.

Edited by 320guy

WAAA WAA WAA I BROKE THE LAW AND GOT CAUGHT

All you people going around saying FTP get what you deserve.

Just because we care what our cars look like.

You don't have to be such a dick, just because you don't like plates that are meant to be on the European cars.

Its easy to not post in a topic. I think that would benefit everyone.

I have to agree with 320guy, lets get this back on topic people rather than bagging the police/traffic patrol/whatever.

The legality of europlates has been discussed time and time again and there is no question about them being illegal. If you run them and get caught, suck it up and pay the fine.

Sure its a small thing in a big world but you cant say you havent had enough warning about it.

Just stop ragging on the police, they are just enforcing the law, it might be a stupid law, but its the law. They are just doing their job.

Instead of crying about it on forums, try and get the law changed.

Just stop ragging on the police, they are just enforcing the law, it might be a stupid law, but its the law. They are just doing their job.

Instead of crying about it on forums, try and get the law changed.

Mate, thats what a lot of people are trying to do!

In Indecorous's case, thats absolutely disgusting what the cops did. Treat him as though he has drugs in the car or something. Its insulting. Maybe if they checked the registration sticker before frisking him.

I don't have a problem with cops, but when they abuse their power thats what ticks me off.

Well, if it was really 6 officers, 3 patrol cars attending an 'illegal' plate call-out for an hour, it was a waste of tax-payers money regardless whether they were just doing their job or not.

Obviously the first two officers weren't doing a very good job if they had to get back-up for something this small.

Would you be happy if you call 111 after being robbed and told that the next available unit was tied-up on an 'illegal' plate call-out and would only be able to attend to you in an hour?

That's it, back to topic.

NZ does have some strange priorities.

As an example while I was in the UK i was mucking around on Ebay and by accident purchased a 1986 RX7 for 70 quid. It had half a rear number plate and two broken rear lights. No MOT and uninsured. Drove around for 4 months and never even got looked at. Only cop to even look at me just smiled and I waved back.

Posted Image

i felt i needed to comment on the article ...

I have just added a comment too.

Everyone on here should add something. Surely that would give Peter Gill a bit of encouragement to investigate more thoroughly?

I totally agree, that the cost of these is rediculous.. If German plates can be made and purchased at such a low cost, why are we getting ripped off here ? However untill there is a law change or an investigation done, you will have to pay the price....either by buying NZ Plates or getting tickets. Either way it will cost if you want the Euro look. The police might even go so far as to impound your car too if you get too flippant with them.

What Graham is doing, is great. Just hope something comes out of it all in the end. Then I'll go and buy mine

I'm a bit lost here...I thought FTP meant Forgive Those People. I'm now thinking its something quite the opposite and quite unnecessary and also not condonded on this website. Please refrain from this, were only hearing one side of quite a story.

Lets all get back on topic... Its about Europlates

Be aware that we have at least one contributing member (providing very imformative feedback at times) who is a policeman. Perhaps they will be quite amused with this post and the recurring `delusions of grandeur` stories.

Sometimes all is not quite what it seems.

I've deleted so many personal attacks in this thread, can you people please play nice.

Guest Simon*

Have cleaned up thread again. Deleted stupid and off topic threads (and replies/quotes).

If you have something to post unrelated to the plates issue think twice please - stick it somewhere else or if it's just whingeing, keep it to yourself.

In particular I have no patience for "f**k the police" type rubbish

Cheers :)