Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

Car Colour... what's your opinion?

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But when you buy them as cheap as i do even paint condition isn't too important... maybe thats why my cars never last long :(

Generally if an old car has a well maintained factory paint job it is a good indication the rest of the car has been looked after, also shows the car has been garaged and loved.

I like Black but it looks absolute rat sh*t on 99% of old cars out there, and is a full time job to keep looking fantastic. A boring Silver car will often look better on its worst day than averagely clean Black car. Would only buy black if the car was new or near new or was freshly painted.

I have an E46 off to the painters next week that is dark blue, it’s going to cost 2k to have the bonnet, bumper and guards re painted and blended, but if the car was silver you wouldn’t even notice the deep stone chips.

Generally if an old car has a well maintained factory paint job it is a good indication the rest of the car has been looked after, also shows the car has been garaged and loved.

I like Black but it looks absolute rat sh*t on 99% of old cars out there, and is a full time job to keep looking fantastic. A boring Silver car will often look better on its worst day than averagely clean Black car. Would only buy black if the car was new or near new or was freshly painted.

I have an E46 off to the painters next week that is dark blue, it’s going to cost 2k to have the bonnet, bumper and guards re painted and blended, but if the car was silver you wouldn’t even notice the deep stone chips.

wouldnt agree on all of that but my car looks good close up only when its just been cleaned....even a few hours later dust is apparent!But its worth the effort(to me)

Colour doesn't worry me, if i don't like the colour i will just re-paint it...........Electric Orange FTW lol.

Not too worried about the colour so long as it isnt offensive. But then again I'm not really in the market to pick and choose.....

I find black exceedingly unoriginal and read that it says something about the limited imagination and insecurity of the driver....

Ideal colour: The flat, mid- (slightly darker than Fiji) green that they made the NZ 318iS limited edition sedan in the late 90's..... NEVER see it.

Edited by Zeitgeist

i used to be a black man, but have mellowed in my old age. never thought i would like my dark blue and tan touring, but I kind of dig it. beginning to get an appreciation for the other colours outside the norm. it heavily depends on the car i say. I dig pam's daytona violet e36, dakar yellow e36's, white e46's etc lime green GT3's and Miura's!!!

i used to be a black man, but have mellowed in my old age. never thought i would like my dark blue and tan touring, but I kind of dig it. beginning to get an appreciation for the other colours outside the norm. it heavily depends on the car i say. I dig pam's daytona violet e36, dakar yellow e36's, white e46's etc lime green GT3's and Miura's!!!

Sorry, I just had to mate :P

I used to be a big fan of black myself, but I think it goes horribly with amber bulbs, it goes beautifully with clear ones. I reckon this goes for both the post-face lift E39s and E65/66s, silver goes better with the amber lights imo!

Edited by Avenged.SSE

If I have money to burn or am dreaming = any wild color

If I am buying and want to resell for a reasonable amount = any sensible color that joe bloggs would want to drive around in i.e sliver, blue etc

the majority rule syndrome - buy the car some one else is more likely to want AFTER you have owned - the context of my boring comment do you choose your spouse on the same basis or because he / she rings your bell ???

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly.

I can never understand why people buy cars thinking about whether they can sell them later. I buy what I want, not just so I can sell it a year or two later !

I can never understand why people buy cars thinking about whether they can sell them later. I buy what I want, not just so I can sell it a year or two later !

plus plus plus

my sister says...make sure you put seat covers on thae leater seats......i say na, i want to use them not keep them nice for the next fellah...

Upgrade fanatics! I am one of them, Cars don't depreciate as much in value if you sell em within a year or so. I lost about $800 on my 525i within a year, if I had kept it for another two years I reckon it would have dropped by $3-4k not to mention all the money sunk into maintenance!

Only problem is... you start to run out of choices sooner than anything else.

Upgrade fanatics! I am one of them, Cars don't depreciate as much in value if you sell em within a year or so. I lost about $800 on my 525i within a year, if I had kept it for another two years I reckon it would have dropped by $3-4k not to mention all the money sunk into maintenance!

Only problem is... you start to run out of choices sooner than anything else.

As am I, have brought a couple brand new that have depreciated faster than a sinking rock in the ocean, I got to chose the colour though and there wasnt a scratch on them.

Will stick to a few years old now with low KMS.

Can’t stand seat covers on good seats, they should only be used to cover up worn ones.

E36 M3's were quite limited on TM when i bought mine, (now it's full of them), i bought mine on the basis that i wanted one and that the colour didn't really phase me. Now that i have owned it for a while the Dakar has really grown on me and i couldn't imagine it a different colour now.

In saying that a Alpine white E36 M3 would be tits, very very very rare though!

I love the Dakar Yellow, it was BMW’s "hero" (no gay pun intended) colour when they launched the generation 1 E36 M3 and nearly all press cars were that colour also. Gotta have orange indicators and no spoiler though, the orange contrasts well with the Yellow.

I bought it with the clears and the schnitzer spoiler, i prefer clears to orange ones.

Got the E36 in Mauritus (sp?) Blau metallic coz it looked sexy as hell, even if its a prick to keep clean. Specifically looked for the Lancer in silver tho, because half the reason I bought it is because it looks so damn low key

When I saw the 740 in Navarra Violet I had to have it. Luv the way it changes hues in the sun.

The 750 I didn't have a choice. It was buy that one then and there or nothing. So I have a Titanium Silver 750i which isn't my favorite color but on the bright side, I have a 750i :D

You just replied to a 6 year old thread. Please avoid doing this.

• Like 2