Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

Car Colour... what's your opinion?

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I was wondering.... I've never really considered car colour when choosing a car, but more-over the exterior features/interior features (provided it's not vomit coloured). What about you guys? I've talked to a few people who wouldnt buy a particular car solely based on colour (i.e. it's blue not green, or white not black)

Edited by Avenged.SSE

I wouldn't buy a car if it were the wrong colour. But there are exceptions to the rule of course. That said, I usually have a few acceptable colours rather than 1 single one.

when i got my first car (current e30) i couldnt care less on the colour of it or the colour of the interior, as i was a noob.

over time iv learnt and obsevered and develoved a taste in what i like.

so yes i think it does matter.

White, black or gray are the colors I allways go for first.

Never Silver or green.

Does matter to me.

White, all the way

Condition of paint is my main concern, different shades suite different shapes.

Big fan of white or silver with a pearl.

Condition of paint is my main concern, different shades suite different shapes.

But when you buy them as cheap as i do even paint condition isn't too important... maybe thats why my cars never last long :(

i dont really care about colour aslong as it looks good :) but fav colors are Black,Sliver,Dark Blue and white and thats what my 325i will be when i get it :)

Guest Ari Gold

It would suck if you loved F40's but hated red...

Some cars you don't have a choice. Purple 540iS and silver 325iS are two cars I can think of on this forum that were bought based on what they were, not what colour they were.

Colour is unimportant to me, but I do have preferences... As an example I'd love a 98 M3 in white with cloth motorsport interior, bit I'm extremely unlikely to ever find this spec. Would settle for green over tan leather, or black over black leather or blue over black leather.

Any colour as long as it matches the mrs handbag....

No, seriously it's one of the many things I consider before forking over the cash. Sure I have preferences, but would take one in better condition in a less preferred colour, than a shitbox in the preferred colour. However, I won't touch vomit coloured cars no matter what the condition is.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the car in question, if I was buying a F430 I'd love a yellow one, but a 3 Series I would avoid in yellow.

However as a general rule, I would never buy a burgundy car, I would pay less for a light coloured car and would try to avoid silver - to me, silver is the epitome of boring. Silver is so common that it times I think the car has no paint on it at all.

Black and dark blue are my favourites for BMW/Audi/Mercs.

Out of curiosity, why no to burgundy/calypso rot?

Black, black annnddd black,

Preferably with jet black int.. maybe a dark blue or nice red leather though

Although my e30's grey at the mo, it'll be black in the next month or 2 :D :D

Black, black annnddd black,

Preferably with jet black int.. maybe a dark blue or nice red leather though

Although my e30's grey at the mo, it'll be black in the next month or 2 :D:D

Black or white! Simple

Black or white! Simple

agreed, keep it simple stupid haha

I would generally only go for Black or Silver, possibly white.

I don't think I'd go for any other colours unless it was some very rare collectible.

Out of curiosity, why no to burgundy/calypso rot?

No offence... But IMHO I have never seen a burgundy car and have thought it looked good. To me, it's an ugly colour.

colour- colour -colour

Black is boring , white is boring silver is BORING go the reds the blues and the lime greens anything but boring black white and silver

<_< haha yeah yeah each to their own

No offence... But IMHO I have never seen a burgundy car and have thought it looked good. To me, it's an ugly colour.

None taken, I was legitimately interested. Wasn't sure if it was because it got dirty easy or something like that...if you don't like a colour you don't like a colour hahaha.

I would generally only go for Black or Silver, possibly white.

I don't think I'd go for any other colours unless it was some very rare collectible.

This.

Black.

That is all.

Black.

That is all.

plus 100.

or another darker colour,eg dark blue e 39 m5.pref with darker leather interior.Hate white cars,hate tan leather