Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

e30 m20 turbo stroker project

Guest FrantiC

Hope nothing else silly like that happens, my last m20 snapped a rocker. :o

I should be fine aye, Head's been rebuilt. Though rockers aren't brand new..

And I know Luke, You beat me to vids haha I was first going then got PWNED with problems and set backs. Ahh well.

I should be fine aye, Head's been rebuilt. Though rockers aren't brand new..

And I know Luke, You beat me to vids haha I was first going then got PWNED with problems and set backs. Ahh well.

the goood ol invincible m20 youl be sweet man just make sure you got all the bits in the right places and power on

Guest FrantiC

Yeah hopefuly aye. Had enough dramas for now lol keen to have it going sweet for once. Was always so nice to me til I threw a turbo at it lol

Yeah hopefuly aye. Had enough dramas for now lol keen to have it going sweet for once. Was always so nice to me til I threw a turbo at it lol

yea man i know your feeling . it will resolve its self tho . all fun and games in the end

Guest FrantiC

ok so I found that I had not tightened the intake housing of the turbo after rotating it.. And just finished fixing the rocker arms and retainers.

Went for a drive... Casual boosted alirhgt low boost. After it warmed up gave it a bit of heavy driving.... OMG ITS AWESOME!!!!!

I am about to go make a video of it. The wastegate screamer is so loud and it looses traction in 1st and second when it hits 12psi. Stoked as!! It pulls really hard! Just need to sort out dyno time now, could probably be even better hehe!

Yay so stoked for once. :lol:

ok so I found that I had not tightened the intake housing of the turbo after rotating it.. And just finished fixing the rocker arms and retainers.

Went for a drive... Casual boosted alirhgt low boost. After it warmed up gave it a bit of heavy driving.... OMG ITS AWESOME!!!!!

I am about to go make a video of it. The wastegate screamer is so loud and it looses traction in 1st and second when it hits 12psi. Stoked as!! It pulls really hard! Just need to sort out dyno time now, could probably be even better hehe!

Yay so stoked for once. :lol:

nice nothing like a win to make your day. cant wait for a vid man

That's choice dude! Good to hear it goes, with minimal traction

Wooohooo, don't go breaking anything or getting a fine while attempting to get a vid.

Dyno run then off to the Naki for some drift action in 3 weeks i heard!

Wooohooo, don't go breaking anything or getting a fine while attempting to get a vid.

+1. Looking foward to seeing a video.

Guest FrantiC

Ignore the exhaust leak lol. And speedo isn't working..

Anywho - 1st video is NOT full throttle btw, it's like gradual increase in throttle as it loses traction too easy and my sh*t suspension jitters and wheel hops, Also hard to hold a massive camera with 1 hand and floor it lol. Also the start there I was going to do another vid but cars started going down that road, but i added it in so you could hear how sexy it sounds when it starts. LOL :)

Need to fix that exhaust leak and there is a whine / screech on boost too coming from somewhere.

Anyways, enjoy lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRZVQbdN3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE5-pXPYuVk

Guest FrantiC

In the second vid, When I go past the second time it was 1st gear no boost then full thottle just before the camera and you can hear it open up gate and hit limit right away just as I pass the camera.

Damn capped internet takes ages. Congrats on having a running Turbo E30 haha.

f**king awesome, i want! congrats man!

Finally got a video bro! Mint man, should get someone else to video for ya, looks pretty badass John bet it hauls ass B)

Guest FrantiC

Haha.

Going in for a WOF and cert tomorrow. Will post updates and yeah get some better video.

Need to fix the exhaust leak and figure out what is screeching under boost..

Guest FrantiC

Checked for the exhaust leak today, the ticking sound suggested it was at the head/manifold so I had a looka round while it was running. Noitced big blue flame shooting out #6 towards the firewall..

Pulled the manifold and most bolts had come abit loose. #6 there was NO gasket left lol it had completely been burned or spat out. One piece gasket FTL! Oh well I have spare OEM gaskets liying around for the exhaust, the single type ones.

Have to take it to VTNZ this afternoon, Have them do the WOF side of things garunteed fail for the engine (unless they are REALLY DUMB). Then after that drop it off to Mag n Turbo tomorrow morning with the WOF sheet and they can do the cert then and there, with the WOF sheet iliminating the need to check over WOF items and just cert the height and engine mods.

w00t! B)

*edit*

Holy hell I am so making a new video. After fixing the exhaust leak with new gaskets, adding a filter to the turbo, it freakin FLY'S. It spools up like 300x faster.

Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it.

I don't think my tyres do though.. I was playing around and going from 1st gear while in boost to second just shreds tyres, then to 3rd shreds more tyres and 4th too while it snakes down the road. LSD + TURBO 2.7 FTW!!

I am sooooooo pleased. No leaks except a minor oil leak on one of the oil darins from the headgasket (the one closest to the front of the engine). Not losing / burning any coolant or oil. Have the ARP's torqued to 80ft lbs so that MLS seems to be sealed which is mint considering alot of people have major issues with them leaking!

STOKED!!

Edited by FrantiC