Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

The Maroon Missile is no more

are you hurt at all? - I hope your running isn't affected.

Thanks again guys, am really pissed off atm, but I guess with things like this you gotta look on the brightside.

Nobody got hurt, it's only a car and it's only money.

After all the positive comments about my car has given me a reason to get another '30 looking snappy and stand out from the crowd :)

I am just looking forward to getting the car back and moving to being back on the street in a '30.

Oh and Max, I am fine, running is all good, cheers for asking bro.

Told my sister about it bro she was like asking if your all good and all. Said "What no hes too nice" hahaha! :P

^ Haha aw yeah what a sweetie. She gave me a text :) BTW if you get an LSD...I might buy your locky off you :D

^ Haha aw yeah what a sweetie. She gave me a text :) BTW if you get an LSD...I might buy your locky off you :D

Haha yea shes pretty caring, big heart that one! She text u about ur crash? Oh yea haha sweet az man I can get a locky done for you pretty cheap I have a TIG welder now pick it up tommorow. Ill bring u a locky down next time im down that way just as long as you have a spare open diff to trade me ;)

^ Yeah bro she did. Will just get the car back and see that status. Not the best timing for this sh*t with an assignment due tmoro morning :(

damm that sucks man... Sunstrike sucks... a few my friends have killed their cars because of that...

Sucks to hear that bro.. But as already said, only gonna get bigger and better from here! alpine coupe+roof racks+JDM = WIN

Ahh gutted buddy! 'Twas a nice car, sorry to hear. But your right, least no one was hurt.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that sucks serious donkey d*ck. I hate threads like this. Theres always a silver lining though, seems an upgrade may become reality sooner than you thought. Good luck mate

Thats terrible news.

I am sure something positive will come out of it though, plus as you said at least you can salvage a lot of the $$$ parts. Chin up man, these things happen.

I had a good mate of mine lose his pride and joy the other day due to a leaky fuel line which set fire to the engine bay. The sad thing was it happened while the turbo timer was running and we were away from the car so when we noticed it the car was totally ravaged :(

Edited by crazyarab

Just guts me more since it was my original first car I have fully owned.

Plan is to find a Alpineweiss Coupe shell, I won't be stripping it out, will be a DD complete with tow bar, roof racks, JDM as detailing etc. Hopefully with a m20b25 in it then can swap to m50 later on. Probably keep the slicks for a little track work. Really need to see what state the car is in first, just want it back now :(

I know exactly how you feel, I had my first car for ten years, did a hell of a lot in it and spent a hell of a lot on it then….

Posted Image

Posted Image

Headrest saved my life!! True story.

Managed to save all mechanical parts minus one strut and transplanted it all into a better car.

Good luck.

:( whaaaaaaat???? sooo gutted to hear this Nathan.

Was an awesome looking car , loved the colour, loved everything! ,heard it went hard as too.

Feel for ya man.

But... on to better and bigger things!

Time for some Alpineweiss! :wub:

And i know what styling ideas you are into so the next project is going to be just as bad as the maroon missile!

JDM, roof racks, wiiiide 16s, fluro... you know all about it! Good luck for the future bud.

Damn gutted man, I cant picture the car but it sounds like a goodie.

See the brighter side, now you can get something a little different. I managed to get my fist BMW through a similar situation.

Hope it all works out well in the long run

Thanks again everyone.

Apex, mate don't worry your fxgt came off a lot worse than mine, looks like you were bloody lucky to survive that!

Here is a pic of the car for those that missed the link of my project thread in the OP, will be interesting to look at a before and after once the car is home.

Here:

Posted Image

Ouch. I pulled the same face as the car is pulling when I first saw it!

Looks like similar damage as to when my g/f hit a tree at 80 km.

How straight is the roof?

Might be repairable with a front cut, but you're probably best to start again as you say.

At least the towies would have no trouble finding the tow hooks!

jeez, thats sad to see... glad you ok. Sunstrike sux.

Whereabouts in the hutt were you?

Edited by blakamin

Ouch- goodbye sewing machine :(

Was such a fun car to ride in! Hope its not too hard to replace ae

Doesn't actually look tooo bad? Maybe salvagable in the end.

Just more work that you have already done.