Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

The Maroon Missile is no more

:(

As many of you would have seen from my extensive project thread here: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&p=252415, I had 95% completed my Road Legal Track Car on a Budget.

Well as of a few hours ago, she is pretty much goneburgers.

Long story short, traveling at 50kph in suburban Lower Hutt, blinded by the sun, didn't have my sun visor down (silly me), didn't see the queue of cars ahead of me, barely had time to put the brakes on and went straight into the back of a Toyota Corolla, who then went into the back of a ute.

Don't have any pics yet, but hopefully getting it towed home tomorrow after insurance company has sorted it. Only had third party so I am f**ked and the car was valued before the modifications were done.

Car looks in pretty bad shape, all of the front is smashed in, passengers side door can't be opened etc, don't know if it is structural, didn't want to look close at all as you would understand.

Am seriously gutted right now, have put about 5k into the car, on the plus side nearly all the mods on the car can be swapped to a new shell.

So yeah, hopefully get the car towed home tomorrow and can have a closer look and some pics.

- Nathan

Edited by Forrest

Man that's arse can understand why your gutted. So ya get to keep the car? If only for parts and good bits

That absolutely blows man! So many hours put in.. Sorry as to hear. gl with insurance, at least you are not impailed on the steering wheel.

I know the feeling of losing a worked e30, after getting rear-ended I bought the whole car back off the insurance company for 250 bucks though :)

Edited by Incary

Man that sucks sorry to hear that mate, you have put alot of hard work into that car

That is pretty sh*t.

Sympathies with you. I know the gut wrenching feeling you would've had when you stepped out the car

man that sucks, feel so sorry for you man.

on the bright side you can pick a new shell with live plates for $500-1000 and swap everything over. Time to swap to white coupe maybe.....

man that sucks, feel so sorry for you man.

on the bright side you can pick a new shell with live plates for $500-1000 and swap everything over. Time to swap to white coupe maybe.....

White Widowmaker?

Brooo... That sucks so bad Nath! Loved the colour too! Its the most gutting thing aye, atleast most of the stuff can be swapped over but still sux

Man that's arse can understand why your gutted. So ya get to keep the car? If only for parts and good bits

He only has third party so insurance company wont even look at his car.

Biggererer engine? A silver lining to a crap situation?

gutted, man i know exactly how u feel and it sucks aye.

That really blows. One of my favourite cars on here.

Bugger. Can happen to anyone mate.

At least the parts can be salvaged.

That really blows. One of my favourite cars on here.

+1

Thanks for the comments everyone means a lot.

Thanks Bravo + Riley, means a lot to hear that from you guys, when I joined BS, your guys cars were some of the original standouts for myself.

Just guts me more since it was my original first car I have fully owned.

Yeah I assume insurance company won't touch it just give me back the crumpled pile of metal.

Plan is to find a Alpineweiss Coupe shell, I won't be stripping it out, will be a DD complete with tow bar, roof racks, JDM as detailing etc. Hopefully with a m20b25 in it then can swap to m50 later on. Probably keep the slicks for a little track work. Really need to see what state the car is in first, just want it back now :(

And Cam your right, every cloud has a silver lining, coming from a 1.6 I guess it can only get better, bigger and bolder from here :D

Edited by Forrest

Alpineweiss Coupe sounds good,

And then I can have your radiator, gearbox and fuel tank? Shot bro :P

Plan is to find a Alpineweiss Coupe shell, I won't be stripping it out,

O RLY? see facebook. comment.

Sorry to hear that Nathan. Things can happen soo fast.

Also my favourite on the site atm. That front pic you posted put me in love with it!

Hopefully you'll find a way out of the situation, seems as though you have some mint plans anyway.

Gutted as, that was honestly the meanest 316i i've ever been in!

Although on a side note, nice to see it isnt just me that does stupid stuff like that ae, i really feel for you... although mine was just a telstar...

Hope to see u rolling in something better soon ae

And make sure u hang on to the exhaust for the next beast, it was soo mint :P

Edited by huff3r

yeah mate. really sorry to hear that. can imagn how you feel.

so time for the 2.5 now? then you can have some real fun round the track.

let us know how the car is looking after you assess it.