Sign in to follow this  
malcy25

My E36 M3 on Trade me - going cheap......

Folks

My 1993 E36 M3 with only 118,000km on the clock, NZ new etc is up on Auction, closing Sunday night.

My Trade Me Auction for 1993 New NZ M3

Was only at $15,000 tonight when I looked. Be in to win.....

Not "perfect" but pretty good.

I never use it so it needs to go - as in I'm sick of walking around it in the garage, feeling guilty for not using it!

Al

Am I expecting to much to expect more than $15,050 for my car, or is Trademe just a crap place to try and sell a car fullstop?

Your thoughts are appreciated! I'm just getting f'n sick and tired of trying to sell the bloody thing when I all I seem to get are tyre kickers lately. I'm neg, but I'll be arsed if I'll give it away!

Edited by Malcy25

Unfortunately it's a buyers market at the moment.... and the M3 is a car that appeals to a small niche of enthusiasts like us! :D You will sell, but you just have to wait for the right person to come along. This seems to have been the case with most M cars that have sold in recent months. Be patient and don't pull your pants down on price, it's already the cheapest M3 listed on Trademe.

G/L looks like a nice car and I know everyone says it, but if I had the money I'd buy it!

Yeah I dunno. Its a tough one. Unless someone is really likes your particular car it is very much a buyers market. I think its great - silver, cloth, well looked after and low km all do it for me. It's worth more than those bids though, in my opinion (cause of km and NZ new).

So I agree, hang in there.

You need key words to sell, try and make a sentence out of Turbo, waistgate, dumpy, screamer, Cifero, Skyline, Live at home with your mum, rotor, drift, d-style, HSV, V8, Mean, skids, bagged, gangster, EVO….

Type in M3 and see 500 listings come up and only 10 M3’s.

Good luck with the sale, I have had good luck selling cars on TM, I have found decent photo’s help.

Yeah I dunno. Its a tough one. Unless someone is really likes your particular car it is very much a buyers market. I think its great - silver, cloth, well looked after and low km all do it for me. It's worth more than those bids though, in my opinion (cause of km and NZ new).

So I agree, hang in there.

It's been on dratme since feb.....fixed price list, auction, fixed price offers....regular price reductions., the full noise trademe promotions (ie front page type stuff)....last auction 1200 plus vierws, 63 watchers....

Yep, buyers market, but it doesn't mean they can take the piss....! I politely told one guy recently I was selling it, not giving it away (given the offer I was made and previously very clearly explaining I wasn't selling it because I needed the money - rather after less than 10,000k in 3 years I'm just not using it.

re Apex: I did the "You need key words to sell, try and make a sentence out of Turbo, waistgate, dumpy, screamer, Cifero, Skyline, Live at home with your mum, rotor, drift, d-style, HSV, V8, Mean, skids, bagged, gangster, EVO…." and Trade me told me off and edited my add!!!!!!!!!!

sh*t, I the end I may just end up keeping it and spanking it senseless like it needs....

Thats a real nice tidy example of an E36 M3... hold out on your price though, dont give it away

May I ask whats a 2008 Wilier with Full Campagnolo Gruppo! ??

Oops.. just googled it .....lol :D

Edited by *Glenn*

Oops.. just googled it .....lol :D

that's the problem...I do 2-3 times as many k's each year on the pushie than I do in the M3!

It is about as cool as a e36 m3 :ph34r: do want.

Edited by Forrest

You, my friend have class!

I have a Wiler but not an M3. Shame I dont have the coin to buy yours. Its looks to be a fantastic example and worth the price youre after. Hang in there.

Ill show you mine if you show me yours....ha ha

post-1591-1248027887_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3 SERIES

Gidday Al!! For everyone looking at this car it is a real gem. I had a look at it a few months ago the first time it was on trademe. A lovely example it is, the last of the real true driver's E36 M3s with no traction control and five on the floor.

Mint condition and well maintained - couldn't fault it.

Don't give it away Alistair, the right buyer will come and appreciate it. And it's silver - very rare!!

If only I could afford a fleet of M3s.

QFT

I have a Wiler but not an M3. Shame I dont have the coin to buy yours. Its looks to be a fantastic example and worth the price youre after. Hang in there.

That bike is sex jealous as.

To the guy selling the m3, a little lower and I should be able to convince my dad to buy it :D

the last of the real true driver's E36 M3s with no traction control and five on the floor.

An E36 M3 Evo doesn't have traction control either, and some might consider a 6spd an upgrade!

An E36 M3 Evo doesn't have traction control either, and some might consider a 6spd an upgrade!

Good point

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Right now with the economy the way it is, you won't sell it for a"good price" as there are plenty of people out there desperate to sell and willing to lower their price below yours.

Plenty of e36 m3's have changed hands at around $15k and up lately. Whether they were in better or worse condition than yours I don't know, but if you want to sell you'll have to lower your price to what people are willing to pay.

If you don't mind hanging on to it, wait and hope that the market is rejuvenated as the economy improves (which it should do, but no-one has a crystal ball).

Bastard - I wanted a black yellow Mortirolo when I ordered mine, but couldn't do it, no stock. Had to go with Black, grey red. But I did get carbon centaur and Campag wheels. Vento's only - but they are Bomb proof!

I'd live a Wilier Izoard or Le Roi, I'd even be happy with it only having Chorus and be on Zonda's!

post-3458-1248245841_thumb.jpg

Very nice bit of kit you have there. Mind you I am bias :)

I pretty much get a comment every time I ride it. Love having a bike that very little people have or have seen before.

I quite like the black/red combo on the Mortirolo. I didnt have a choice with mine. Basically all they had was one frame and it was in my size so I took it. Built the bike up from there. I only have Campag Veloce. Mind you its the shizz but beats any shimano I have ever used hands down. Am looking at getting some new wheels, pref zondas to replace the pinarello mosts.

Gidday Al!! For everyone looking at this car it is a real gem. I had a look at it a few months ago the first time it was on trademe. A lovely example it is, the last of the real true driver's E36 M3s with no traction control and five on the floor.

Mint condition and well maintained - couldn't fault it.

Don't give it away Alistair, the right buyer will come and appreciate it. And it's silver - very rare!!

Cheers Dylan! Can I assume you went E30 M3? Coool!

Yeah, I agree, even with the current climate, I think people expecting to steal a good m3 (as opposed to an average or crap one ) for the $15k mark is taking the piss a little especially when you see guys wanting more than that for some poxy Integra VTEC......maybe my loss in that I don't sell it (Or is that my gain!) because I'm not prepared to be give it away because I think it worth a little bit more.

You still got the S3? Sure did look good too.

Al

Very nice bit of kit you have there. Mind you I am bias :)

I pretty much get a comment every time I ride it. Love having a bike that very little people have or have seen before.

I quite like the black/red combo on the Mortirolo. I didnt have a choice with mine. Basically all they had was one frame and it was in my size so I took it. Built the bike up from there. I only have Campag Veloce. Mind you its the shizz but beats any shimano I have ever used hands down. Am looking at getting some new wheels, pref zondas to replace the pinarello mosts.

The number of guys who get barred up over my bike is stunning too. These are guys with good name brand bikes too....Like you I bought mine because it was different (and good). It's not another Avanti, Specialized, Pinarello, Scott CR1, etc etc....price was petty good too. It was a replacemnt for my last bike (speccy) which was bent like a banana across the front of a 4WD.

Though in saying that lately the bloody things are everywhere up here! I spoke to a guy recently that has done 25,000km on his Mortirolo and says it's still GREAT. Is his training bike.

Yep, Campag is where it is at. I went campact as well so I have 34/50 and 11-25 on the back. Came with 12-25, but the 50 meant that I'd lost a lot off the top end. But 34/25 was great for Whangapoua on K2....39/25 would have been a killer. But the Compact set up I've got now gives a great spread with some good steep hill climb stuff and a slightly taller top end.

I see you have speedplays too? What do you think of them? I've been running them for 6 months and like them, but not sure if my feet do. I've just swapped tonight to Time Edge pedals on the advice of the podiatrist I've had to see because of foot pain and numbness when cycling....( plus new shoes I've also bought ) since I went to them. He's thinking the small pedal area may be causing a pressure point. Lots of guys I know use them no issue - but my feet as it turns out and really flexy!

Edited by Malcy25

Yip, got speedplays. To be honest I havnt done a hell of a lot of km's on them. Once I finally get into full training for taupo ill soon know. Initial thoughts we're that I dont think they're as fantastic as everyone goes on about them. I brought them because the man in the shop said they were the best. Very expensive for what they are IMO.

Not happy folks - still onw the bloody thing. I have tried every f..king option, used some words I thought I would never have to utter (wriiten or verbal). I update photos etc., you name it I have done it and all I get is virtual tyre kickers.

I still stand by my view that Trade me is the most useless place to sell cars, but that every other option is crap as well.

have I accidentally clicked the the "don't buy now" button that only I can't see.

All I want is a reasonable price for my car - and I have now dropped 6,000 dollars and screwed if I'm going lower cos 17k for a new in NZ '93 M3 in good condition with only 119k on it is a frikken bargain.

Getting pissed off now. I love the car, love driving it on the odd times I do drive it. Only I don't really use it or need it and as a result essentially now resent it sitting in the garage doing nothing!

As said, screwed if I'm dropping the price further and as for Turners etc - I might as well trade it in. I can't believe that someone won't even pay 17k when people will want more than that for some poxy Integra.

Rant over....!!!! Thoughts people?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=240501505

Not happy folks - still onw the bloody thing. I have tried every f..king option, used some words I thought I would never have to utter (wriiten or verbal). I update photos etc., you name it I have done it and all I get is virtual tyre kickers.

I still stand by my view that Trade me is the most useless place to sell cars, but that every other option is crap as well.

have I accidentally clicked the the "don't buy now" button that only I can't see.

All I want is a reasonable price for my car - and I have now dropped 6,000 dollars and screwed if I'm going lower cos 17k for a new in NZ '93 M3 in good condition with only 119k on it is a frikken bargain.

Getting pissed off now. I love the car, love driving it on the odd times I do drive it. Only I don't really use it or need it and as a result essentially now resent it sitting in the garage doing nothing!

As said, screwed if I'm dropping the price further and as for Turners etc - I might as well trade it in. I can't believe that someone won't even pay 17k when people will want more than that for some poxy Integra.

Rant over....!!!! Thoughts people?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=240501505

The average person in NZ wants a boring japanese car (well, more of an appliance then a car) they have it in there heads that European cars cost alot to fix and go wrong often, which isn't the case, however most people have it engrained into them at a young age that Jap cars are the only way to go.

If I had the cash I'd be keen on your car, but I have a policy now of only buying cars I can afford to pay for in cash. I used to get cars on finance, but it never got me anywhere.

Your car is easily worth more than your asking, but everyone wants stuff for nothing nowdays, alot of people probably don't even know what an M3 is!

Maybe post a link to a youtube video of your model doing 0-250km per hour, that might wake some people up to what an awesome car the E36 M3 is perhaps.

Edited by Charles28

nice colour .

but wrong colour , if it was black it would have sold long ago.

good luck

i like the 19k in barter card offer :wacko:

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i