Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

License Suspended

So i got my license suspended yesterday. Some crazy bros were trying to ram me on the western motorway so i sped off and got clocked just round the corner by a police bike at 162km.

Of course the cops didnt see any of this and were perfectly in their right to suspend me as they dont have to believe anything i say.

How can i go about getting it back as fast as possible? This is a real inconvenience to me as i need to get to work. Also is it possible to obtain a motorcycle license while my car license is currently suspended?

Flame away. Would also be interesting to hear about other peoples similar experiences.

Also on a side topic. I got fined $150 for having illegal colour rear indicators? wtf?

Edited by OLLIE
you know

I won't get involved with the licence drama, but aren't cars allowed to have red flashing rear indicators? My mate has them in his car, from factory (not tinted) and gets wofs easy as, surely they were being harsh to throw that on top of you.

That sucks. Why were they trying to ram you? Road rage?

You could try writing a letter but it probably wont change anything. On the bright side, the bus is pretty cheap.

That sucks. Why were they trying to ram you? Road rage?

Yeah i was getting on at lincoln rd and they were on a give way sign merging onto the on ramp, but they were obviously too cool for rules yo and drove straight through nearly hitting me side on. Obviously my lack of respect for those "crazy bros" (as ollie kindly put) angered them and they tailgated me for about a 1km before pulling next to me and trying to push me off the road.

Pulled out of my drive way and some old dude came flying round the bend and down the hill screaming right up behind me, I thought he was going to smack up my rear so put my foot down, just round the next corner (aprox. 40m from my driveway) was a cop who pulled me over for doing 17km over the limit and the dude behind me got waived on. (The guy behind me would have easily been doing 30km+ over the limit before he nearly rear ended me. I was spewing at the $130 fine!

Oh man, so sorry to hear about that, how long you have your licence suspended for?

Good luck with sorting it!

you could get a work license but that means forking out 700bux or something crazy like that :S

man thats dumb about that crazy broes. me and my mate almost got ran off the road by fricken p-heads or something for no reason in his e30 :S speeding off is really the only way to get away from people like that on the road

sorry to hear about your license though that realli sucks :(:(

but ive lost mine till feburary so i know how you feel it sucks

its been suspended for 28 days and im to receive a court summons in the mail soon. Not sure how many months i will get. Iv heard it varies between 3 months and 6 months?

thats such BS.

and the rear indicator fine is F***ing sht aswell

its been suspended for 28 days and im to receive a court summons in the mail soon. Not sure how many months i will get. Iv heard it varies between 3 months and 6 months?

is it for demerits that your losing your license for??

if so that will be 3 months so not so bad but i dont know :S

and yes the rear indicator fine is bullshit because some cars come out stock with reded indicators.

:S

i feel your pain

Edited by garry

It was an instant loss of license for exceeding 50kms over the speed limit.

What colour are your indicators? Legally they need to be substantially amber. Red indicators are only acceptable if they have SAE/DOT markings on them (NZ will accept ECE or SAE/DOT approved lighting).

So, if your lamps are e marked (normally moulded into the lens), they should be amber. If they are SAE/DOT marked lamps (again, normally moulded into the lens) they are allowed to be red (from the manufacturer - not amber ones sprayed red).

Unless you comply with those conditions, you don't really have a leg to stand on....

What colour are your indicators? Legally they need to be substantially amber. Red indicators are only acceptable if they have SAE/DOT markings on them (NZ will accept ECE or SAE/DOT approved lighting).

So, if your lamps are e marked (normally moulded into the lens), they should be amber. If they are SAE/DOT marked lamps (again, normally moulded into the lens) they are allowed to be red (from the manufacturer - not amber ones sprayed red).

Unless you comply with those conditions, you don't really have a leg to stand on....

I just thought that if i got a warrant with them then that should make them legal right? Since the AA are paid by the government to check that kind of stuff, and i was granted one despite that. I dnt really care. It was only $150 bux but it all adds up.

$950 in one infringement notice, anyone else topped that??

Had the same thing happen to me one time. Outcome was way different,still had to go to court...but not for any driving infrngment...

Sucks man, my brother got done driving through a fixed speed camera at 100ish for the same reason as you, cops didn't believe that he was being chased even though the car straight after him would have got snapped doing the same thing.

Unfortunatly, there is FA you can do.

you're lucky they didn't take your car.. sorry to hear that man that sucks. and it's not even all you fault

Ratshit man, I also got mine suspended on saturday night for 28 days cause some odd dudes were following me too so I sped off and got caught at 100 (131 according to the cops) in an 80. Gotta go to court in a few weeks..

I just thought that if i got a warrant with them then that should make them legal right? Since the AA are paid by the government to check that kind of stuff, and i was granted one despite that. I dnt really care. It was only $150 bux but it all adds up.

$950 in one infringement notice, anyone else topped that??

But the Police don't know what has happened since the warrant was issued. If you read the fine print, the WoF is a point in time check - it is up to the driver to ensure that it is up to a legal standard at all times.

And I think you'll find that the AA are not paid anything by the government...

As someone else said, you are probably lucky they haven't confiscated it.

if you ever get seen speeding way over the limit, ask to see the radar. without proof what can they do? the have to do you for an exact speed they can't guess your speed that's bullsh*t

I reckon they guessed mine..

It's just weird that they think I was doing exactly 51 over when you have to have atleast 51+ to lose your lisence on the spot..

im not sure if this is any help to you but my cousin got caught going 180 on the desert road and had his licence taken off him, then the cop had to give it back to him as apparently they cannot take it until court proceedings have taken place, or something like that

His verdict was a $300 fine and suspended licence for 30 days as he pled guilty and did the whole i wont do it agian thing.

good luck.

^^ They can instantly take it if over 50km over the limit. Don't have to wait for court if that happens.

oooohhh sorry to hear about that... i lost mine for 28days doing 189kms in the motorway then went to court got $800 fine and 3months...THEN i got pulled over 2days before i got it back because my mate was piss drunk and we had no money for a taxi... hmmm impound took his car (dont worry it was a jap) and gave me another 6months and $600 fine ahaha a good $1400 in total on top of other old passenger and after hours fines i had been paying off...

unless you have money to waste for a work license... the quickest way is either try using your diversion or just dont drive...

Edited by e30nubie

Bad luck dude! I just got a call from the cops yesterday saying im off to court for "careless driving" for a motorcycle accident I had 6 months ago. I had already forgotten about it and moved on... wont go into technicalities but I'm going to fight it ( not on the grounds that they took 6 months obviously. )

Dumb.