Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

License Suspended

Correct me if im wrong, but dont you loose your license at +41km/h?

And its been that for a few years?

A little research...

Driver licence suspension

From 16 January 2006, immediate 28-day licence suspension applies if you're caught travelling more than 40 km/h over the permanent posted speed limit, or more than 50 km/h over a posted temporary, holiday or variable speed limit.

* An example of a temporary speed limit is a speed restriction through road works.

* An example of a holiday speed limit is a lowered speed limit through a popular holiday destination (eg a beach resort) during a busy holiday period.

* An example of a variable speed limit is a lowered speed limit in a school zone at times when children are arriving at or leaving school.

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/factsheets/33.html

Guest FrantiC

Yeah it's 40km +

Most I got on one infringement was $750.

$150 to go along with a pink sticker

$600 for "Unnecessary exhibition of excessive acceleration" (such a bullshit fine!).

For the temporary workers licence and that, You have to have had no licence for 28 days before you can go a apply for it...

And you only get diversion if you had no previous things on your record, So your clean and you get a real bad one, they do it to keep you clean, there's always a catch though it's not your off scott free...

1st time I lost my licence at 16, for doing 101km/h in 50mk/h zone. Instant 28 days. Then he said court date would be sent out and I get the fine like that.. Instead a week later some youth cop came over and gave me a contract thing to do, which if I completed would keep my record clean (so a diversion).

Had to:

Add another 2 months to my disqualification

Pay $50 to a charity of my choice

Attend a police "blue light" defensive driving course

And a 6 months "being good to the parents" thing LOL.

So I still ended up with 3 months disqualification and had to fork out a mere $50... But meh!

exceeding the speed limit by more than 50kms is classed as Dangerous driving. You will get an extra 6 months no license, and a 700$+ fine + court fees. If you say your a student or have low income you will get less of a fine sometimes.

Unless you want to plead not guilty you dont need a lawyer so save the money and use it towards a lawyer later to get a work license (700$- 1000$)

you cant apply for a work license until you have served 28 days of your 6 month suspension so regardless what happens you will loose you license for 2 months.

Its worth paying for the work license even if its only for going to work. 6 months with no license will drive you crazy.

Feel for ya mate, bout the only thing ya could do is run. In saying that tho', in the time i lived in Auckland (Mt Wellington) i had 2 occasions when someone tried to force me off the road. The first one they pulled up along side me and did the gun sign with their hand, so i reached into the glovebox and pulled out a .32 revolver (was takin' it to Penrose gunshop to get serviced) and they ran away like girls. The second time i just stopped on Mt Welly highway at Sylvia park lights, walked up to the guys window and told him politly to f*ck off, he then turned into Sylvia park, waved at me and he was gone. Show no FEAR lol.

Edited by bellicose

161kph Is quite fast to ditch people... should have just kept your distance... but who thinks of that at the time eh?

BL Dude, the morons that were chasing you should be shot.

Guest FrantiC

Guy at work lost his for a total of 8 months for doing 192km/h.. $950 fine too I think?

Yeah i was getting on at lincoln rd and they were on a give way sign merging onto the on ramp, but they were obviously too cool for rules yo and drove straight through nearly hitting me side on. Obviously my lack of respect for those "crazy bros" (as ollie kindly put) angered them and they tailgated me for about a 1km before pulling next to me and trying to push me off the road.

I thought this was normal driving behaviour

I experience this at least 2 to 3 times a week going from upper hutt to wellington city and back again

yesterday when it happened, it was a bus that was trying to run me off the road!!

last friday it was a trademan, tuesday last week it was another tradesman .... this is why I drive my gf's pulsar to work and only take my beemer out during the quiet times

un-nessasary acceleration $600

Loose Attachment $150

Failing to pull Left in resnable timing $500

Steel Belts showing in spare tyre $150

Defective vehical $600

Failing to desplay park lights on unlit rd $200

Careless driving (eratic lane changing $800

Obsean laungage $55

=$3055

** this got taken to court and was deamed police harassment ** was compleatly wiped minus the pink-sticker.

Not being able to spell........priceless

un-nessasary acceleration $600

Loose Attachment $150

Failing to pull Left in resnable timing $500

Steel Belts showing in spare tyre $150

Defective vehical $600

Failing to desplay park lights on unlit rd $200

Careless driving (eratic lane changing $800

Obsean laungage $55

=$3055

** this got taken to court and was deamed police harassment ** was compleatly wiped minus the pink-sticker.

I would like to know why and how so many people seem to run into/attract trouble on the roads, and need to "escape".

I have driven all over the country, and lived in Auckland for the last 5 years that I lived in New Zealand, in that time I drove all over the greater city and at varying hours. I never once ran into any trouble with any other motorists.

Seems that a strangely high proportion of people on here seem to have this problem.

Cheers

Grant

Seems that a strangely high proportion of people on here seem to have this problem.

I also noted that most of these people seem to drive E30's as well... funny that...is this an E30 ownership trend ?

Must be E30 owners egos, have to speed away...

Hmmm

I have a back firing road rage story.

I did the old slamage of the brakes get off my tail to the wrong P fuelled HQ driver a month or so back, I ended up sandwiched between him and his mate who was following him, he tried paying me back with the slamage of the brakes business but even a E30 can out stop a HQ, I eventually swerved to the off ramp and lost them, I lost a wing mirror when his mate passed me with half his car still in my lane when I exited the M-way… Pulled my head in.

I have driven all over the country, and lived in Auckland for the last 5 years that I lived in New Zealand, in that time I drove all over the greater city and at varying hours. I never once ran into any trouble with any other motorists.

Maybe you're just lucky? To me they seem to happen at random..

Im sure its linked to what car you are driving and the impression upon the road rager. If you are driving a piece of crap then you are most likely to be looked over, but if driving anything that they're jealous of then you're sure to get more attention, be it the fuzz or crazy bro's.

Im sure its linked to what car you are driving and the impression upon the road rager. If you are driving a piece of crap then you are most likely to be looked over, but if driving anything that they're jealous of then you're sure to get more attention, be it the fuzz or crazy bro's.

All of my cars have always been very nice (well the SAAB excluded).

Maybe you're just lucky? To me they seem to happen at random..

I'm of the opinion that if you aren't looking for trouble, it doesn't find you.

I guess its down to time day/night, area, you're own driving style, and concentration of meth in crazy bros' blood stream.

It happened to me about one month ago.

Driving back to Manurewa from town with Mike and two other guys. We were just minding our own business, I casually drove past an older Holden Commodore.

A few minutes later I looked into my rareview mirror and saw the Commodore following us onto the Greenlane offramp (we decided to go get some Mc'D's). I pulled into the carpark, parked up and looked in the rareview mirror again and noticed the Commodore parked right behind my car.

I silently shat my undies, luckily enough one of the guys in my car got out and asked what they were up to, and mentioned my chromes (this is when I had them) wouldn't fit the Commodore.

Thank goodness they drove off.

Lets say I feel a little unsafe driving in Auckland by myself now.

If they tried stealing my car, I'd let them. I'd rather them steal my car than hurt me.

While I sympathise with Andree3000's dilemma some of the other posters comments are surprising(or not)

The almost boastful way you are happy to discuss your multitude of 'unfair' fines & losses of licence is a commentary

on what is wrong 1) on NZ roads & 2) with a lot of young drivers.

Driving on public roads is a privilege & doing speeds like 160+,to me anyway,is not only exceedingly stupid but should be enough to have that privilege revoked,in my opinion,permanently.

As someone has already said its funny how trouble attracts trouble.

And no prizes for guessing that you all fall into the ubiquitous 'under 25' group.

Just my 2c.

Edited by 1rotty

A few minutes later I looked into my rareview mirror and saw the Commodore following us onto the Greenlane offramp (we decided to go get some Mc'D's). I pulled into the carpark, parked up and looked in the rareview mirror again and noticed the Commodore parked right behind my car.

Do you call it your "rareview" mirror because you hardly ever use it? :D

Guest FrantiC

lolol

I think alot of it has to do with who you are too (younger people seeking younger people to taunt).. Around here alot of guys try driving up your rear through town if your in a decent enough looking car, or they think theirs is better. Try slowing down instead of speeding up. Especially if they are stuck behind you lol.

Then you smoke them on the motorway... :rambo:

Edited by FrantiC

I don't get you...

Duh !!!!