Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E30 M325i with M3 kit at Turners

If you could actually buy this at the right price, it would make a great project car. Has all the right body panels on it which arent cheap. Tidying it up wouldn't be too much of a problem and if you did an engine conversion on it or converted into a race car you wouldn't be destroying a nice M3

Josh (hybrid) looked at it said it was rough. That's good enough for me ha

fair enough :) I was actually being serious when I was asking if anybody had actually gone and looked at i.

Ps I agree with you Glenn, could be a great basis for a race car.

Edited by zenetti

Its ok, a tad over done for my liking.

Has anyone on here actually gone and looked at the car? Why is is that Kiwi's are all so quick to "poo poo" stuff?? Maybe it failed the warrant because it needs a cert? Who knows?

I have yes,

Its a fibre glass kit / gaurds molded and bonded to metal. While is really well done, its still 20 year old fibre glass. The paint and glass is bumpish (not too bad) like glass / filler goes.

It would make someone a good conversion project car or racecar. However as a race car .. I would hate to have a crash in it and massive repair bill to get the panels back.

It is a qaulity job for what it is.

Mecanically it had a bung idle control valve. Which I think has been sorted since as it was bugging the guy at the time. Its been garaged its whole life and is a good 325 as expected.

Interior is clean and tidy but not mint.

Not sure why it has since failed its warrent as it seemed in warrentible condition when I viewed it 3 years ago, but it does have a different exhuast than when I last saw it. Probably an easy enough fix with getting a good center muffler made to quiten it down some what.

[edit] Its is rough by my standards :) but im overly anal about paint and finish.

I would say its worth around 6-8k

Fiberglas is heavy though. Only down side to using it as a racer, rough crapanese E30 M3’s are cheap at the moment so IMO you would be better off buy a rough genuine M3 and fixing it.

This car at 5k would be a cool project though, has nice suspension in it also.

The Rear wheel offset is terrible! it could look realy good tho

It would look really good if it was actually an M3.

I had a good look at this car in the weekend.

It was parked in the showroom at CCS's junk yard (trade in yard, previously Alfa dealership).

No one bothered to talk to me so I couldn't get the full story as to why it was there, but I was impressed with how tidy it was (interior and exterior). I did note that the reg and wof were still expired though.

Does anyone know more?

I did note that the reg and wof were still expired though.

Does anyone know more?

From what I've heard the owner's a d*ck.

Enough said?

No longer on the site...I take it, it sold?

1986 e30 M325i Manual

Full Schnitzer M-3 body kit <<<<< Yeah, and I've got a full Alpina-Hartge-M3 bodykit.

New 18" alloys & tyres

Sunroof

Strut brace

Dog leg 5 speed gearbox <<<< really? Looks like a normal 260 box to me from the gearknob emblem.

Stereo /cd

Has been in Nz since 1987

A great looking car

What an absolute joke!!! If anyone is contemplating buying that thing for that price, give me a call. I'll happily sell you mine for $16500! :D

new 18 mags and tyres? ? wow instead of puting the exact same ones back on, they could have brought the ones with the correct offset! ! :D

Seen it.. Its rubbish. Even for a 325i. Good looking paint though but far... FAR from an M3. Id much prefer an M Tech 2 325i. At least your not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

Where abouts are they keeping it?

Was in the showroom at CCS's junk yard on Great South Road last weekend.

Wow...for that price I'd at least expect: full custom interior retrim. And a $10G cash back.

I love the continuous flowing lines of it, especially where the rear window meets the bootlid.