Sign in to follow this  
zenetti

another awesome email we just received

Even though today is random act of kindness day we decided to decline his offer.

Copy of the email.

FIRST NAME: john

LAST NAME: ***********

CITY: ***************

CLOSEST STORE: Penrose (Auckland)

EMAIL: ***********************

PHONE:

hi i am bilding a 1996 rs rx7 and it has ben wide bodyd and am after sum rims wood u be ken to sponser me sum and ill pot a stiker on mi car for u it wil be going in nex performance car ishu under construchin it is a stret show care can send pixs thanks

It took me about 5 mins to decipher it. :wacko:

I also sent back a nicely worded email commenting on his inability to spell and complete lack of punctuation :P

OMFG :o

That is some appalling spelling & grammar!

Thank you Telecom $10 text.....

Oh how I wish people would leave RX7’s alone, they are quickly killing off a future classic.

The Rx7 is IMO the best looking Japanese car ever as it is out of the box, they need no modification!

Nice try though, my wagon is going in next mouths Auto Trader, if you give me some rims I’ll put your sticker on my car Jono

Nice try though, my wagon is going in next mouths Auto Trader, if you give me some rims I’ll put your sticker on my car Jono

haha Graeme - at least you can you can spell correctly. You are already far more likely to get sponsored!! Just a shame we do not have any 17" Alpina's in stock at the moment.

BTW: who would pay for the sticker?? :lol:

Edited by zenetti

My cars on trademe, give me some rims and I'll put your sticker on it ;)

Bloody hell. I think I would get on well with John with the nearest store in Penrose.

Cheers

Grant

BTW: who would pay for the sticker?? :lol:

I will, when I eventually make my purchase!

How often do people approach you like this Johnno? I'd expect you get alot of this sort of thing.

Bro, if you've got no money for wheels - how the hell are you going to build a car worth sponsoring?

boy racer logic...

widebody = someone get me a tissue...

mag coverage (even if it's for - some crap that might one day be done) = bro you big time now...

sponsors = people who will fall over themselfs to give me sh*t because of above.... oh and they will love it when i say here is a place for your smaller than a5 sticker...

text spk = st crd +99

undecipherable text speak = st crd +20000000 - your that cool you have your own version of text talk...

How often do people approach you like this Johnno? I'd expect you get alot of this sort of thing.

Bro, if you've got no money for wheels - how the hell are you going to build a car worth sponsoring?

we get a few but generally we do not sponsor individuals. We will help them out as much as we can by doing staff pricing deals but we never give anything away. The biggest thing these days that people need to realise is that sponsorship is basically a form of advertising, so we need to see a return on the "investment". Bimmersport works really well for us (shameless plug).

It is quite funny, whenever someone comes in looking for sponsorship I ask them the question.

"how will sponsoring you benefit us?". You should see all the blank looks I get, it really is quite funny.

Edited by zenetti

Lol widebody..

Someone from here should send him an awesome email and see if he puts it on the forums?

Idiots....

I can imagine the crowd around the RX7,

au bro check them mags! :o

True, true homy! :wub:

Au bro, who cares check that dead drunk possum! B)

Mean man! Lets kick it! :P

No economic advantage there....

we actually seriously considered sponsoring him........................... A Dictionary!! :lol:

we actually seriously considered sponsoring him........................... A Dictionary!! :lol:

He needs alot more then a dictionary.

What did you reply to him?

Guest Simon*

Dictionaries are pretty heavy - if you sponsored it as his head at say, 40km/h it may have the desired effect

Dictionaries are pretty heavy - if you sponsored it as his head at say, 40km/h it may have the desired effect

I lol'd

What did you reply to him?

this is a copy of the reply

Hi John

Thanks for taking the time to send us an email. At this stage we will not be interested in sponsoring you for a couple of reasons.

• We expect a certain level of professionalism from any people we sponsor. Unfortunately your inability to spell and complete lack of punctuation is evidence that you do not possess the level we require. Next time I suggest you run a spell checker before you send an email.
  • Sponsorship is not just about getting free stuff, you need to be able to provide the sponsor with a reason as to why to sponsor you and how it will benefit their business. Simply saying that we will get a sticker on your car is of no benefit to us. By the way, who would pay for the sticker?
  • You have given us no specific details of your car. What has been done to it apart from the widebody? Any engine mods? What colour is it? Perhaps you should have attached a picture.

Once again thanks for taking the time to send us an email. I hope you take on board the suggestions I have made, and we wish you the best in your endeavours to find a sponsor.

Mag and Tyre Direct Penrose

Maybe we should do a bulk order on dictionaries and hand a few out in here too Simon :P

Guest Ari Gold

Speaking of dictionaries to heads, has anyone read Past Mortem by Ben Elton? Particularly gruesome death in which a man is beaten to death, softy, with a London phone book.

this is a copy of the reply

• We expect a certain level of professionalism from any people we sponsor. Unfortunately your inability to spell and complete lack of punctuation is evidence that you do not possess the level we require. Next time I suggest you run a spell checker before you send an email.

I don't mean to have a go at you, but what were your intentions when sending this email?

If I was the guy who received this email I would be pissed off with your company's arrogance.

Aren't these sort of people your largest target market? The ones that would happily spend $3k plus on a set of wheels and tyres for their slammed [insert jap boy racer car here] as well as using your finance too?

I bet he will be pretty annoyed when he gets your email and will tell his mates about it to. To me you have gained nothing from this except alienating a customer or two who will now try hard to give their business to a competitor.

I shouldn't really comment as it is your business and not mine, but I can't see any benefit in sending those sort of messages to potential customers.