Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

My 1987 M3 is for Sale

Hey guys and girls,

I put this in the General Discussions topic and hoping it can stay here as there will probably be some lengthy discussion on the sale of my M3.

This is possibly the hardest thing I have had to do but here goes..

Some personal stuff has come up today and it basically comes down to the fact that the most logical thing for me to do is to sell my very much loved e30 M3. I struggled with this the whole weekend but in the end it came down to my M3 vs. being financially secure and being able to renovate my House.

I guess I don't have to remind everyone what I have done to her since I bought her 4 years ago but here goes.

Full engine rebuild (1000km's ago) inc.

- Full 2.5L build with Schrick 284/276 cams

- 2.5L crank and running gear

- All internals replaced (timing chain, chain guide valves, you name it it's been replaced)

- Hi compression pistons (10.5:1)

- CF Air Box with 46mm runners

- MoTeC M48 computer system (electronically governed 78000rpm redline)

- Aftermarket Vertical baffle kit for the oil sump (under the oil pick-up) prevents oil starvation for track day use.

(The engine has just had a full 1 1/2 days of dyno tuning and road tune costing in excess of $1000 by a MoTeC expert with replaced TPS sensor)

BBS RS 17 x 8.5 wheels (fully refurbished and imported from Germany)

- Toyo R888 235/40/17 rear (with spare)

- Bridgestone Re001 215/40/17 front

(both have only done 1500km's and are almost 100% like new with hardly any wear)

Custom Recaro Interior

- Recaro reclinable seats custom trimmed in leather and swede (with M3/// stripe's)

- Matching rear Recaro seats reupholstered to the original foam inserts (professionally done)

Car Audio

- DLS Competition 3-way front speakers

- EAudio 4 way Amp

- 20 farred competition Capacitor

- Pioneer CD Player with integrated MP3/Usb (IPod) outputs.

Personalised Euro Plate [1987M3]

The vehicle has been through, and passed ALL entry level compliance certification and was literally picked to pieces by the inspectors to check for defects/defaults. It had a few minor things like blown bulbs etc to replace and also a rust repair. The only rust was in the front left jack point due to a cracked jack point during its previous ownership. This repair work was professionally repaired by 'The Surgery' in Wellington (full pictures taken and paper work provided). ALL WORK has been independently certified by an LTSA inspector and passed A+ standard.

There has been no expense spared on the M3 and it runs like a dream.

I will have pictures available soon as well as some short videos. Airbox + 2.5L engine + Cams = Pure Awesomeness!!!

I have just finished a 15000km weekend from Wellington to Taupo which included a day of 11hrs driving Wellington -> Gisborne - > Whakatane and I still wanted to keep driving at the end of the day it was that cool to drive!

Price is by Negotiation as there a potential buyer may not wish to purchase the Personalised Plate etc but I am looking for 48K and I am happy for discussions in the thread but I would prefer PM's to discuss buying price/test drives etc.

She currently has 62000 original miles on her. I believe that the price is very reasonable given the 35k+ I have spent on the M3 since I bought it 4 years ago.

Thanks,

Laurence

(I will have pictures taken soon but bare with me as this was something I decided today and I am nor fully prepared with a whole raft of pictures of my M3 yet)

post-1723-1251790709.jpg

post-1723-1251790719.jpg

post-1723-1251790729.jpg

post-1723-1251790746.jpg

post-1723-1251790757.jpg

Edited by Old_Skool_Bmw

This must be heartbreaking.

Good luck with the sale though Laurence, can vouch for how fast and awesome this is.

Best of luck sorting the other stuff out.

Cheers, Nathan

:( x 2

Sad to see it happen as again I know how much time you have put into this car.

Gutted man, hope you get what you are asking for.

:o That is one impressive car. I would hate to be the one selling it.

Laurence, such a shame you have to sell after all the hard work (and time) youve put into it.

We HAVE to get some nice pics taken before you sell.

:(

qft. I never even got a ride!

Edited by tastic

Sorry to hear that you have to sell.

But preventing getting yourself in a huge financial struggle is the way to go in the long run.

Gutted for ya man know ya spent a lot time and effort on it. Know how ya feel thinkin bout selling mine as it just doesn't get used but so hard to part with it. good luck with the sale.

:( x 3 for you.

I did ask my wife. She has said I can't have it. I won't even pretend I get a say in such a decision.

Sorry to hear that Lawrence - it truly is an awesome car!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!!

It is really hard for me but I know its the right thing to do and will be way better off for it. Now all I need is for someone to buy her like an M3 with CF Airbox is meant to be driven :)

Laurence

You kept that one quiet you cheeky little bugger. This saddens me greatly, surely there must be some way we can sort something out for you to keep the beast. Call me.

If I had a car like that, I don't think I could ever sell it even if I had too.

Sorry to hear about it. Hope you get a good price.

Guest Simon*

Hey Laurence

Sorry to hear this mate. Must be heartbreaking after how long it took to get the car to its current condition. Sometimes necessity speaks, and hopefully in the future you'll have an opportunity to own another kickass car.

Try and get in another track day or 2 before it goes mate ;)

Good luck with the sale

Sorry to here that Laurence.... it's no fun loosing your toys, especially with all the work youv'e put into it to get it to the stage it's at now. Surely there's another way to sort things ?

Thanks guys.

I really really have looked into every other option but it comes back to me selling the M3.

I will be advertising her on Trademe this weekend after I take pictures etc.. Since I first took pictures ages ago I have spent countless hours cleaning and upgrading bits and pieces.

I will most probably include a youtube link in the Trademe sale as I plan on taking a 1-3min video just to show what it sounds like to rev her past 5000rpm's with the airbox :)

I can't believe how well she drove at Taupo. A whole day on the track and the oil temp + water temp NEVER budged over halfway, it was unreal how nice it was to drive. I forgot to mention I am also running competition grade 15w50 Motul Oil which is the best in the business. (At over $200 for 6L it is top quality stuff).

Laurence

first 2.5 M3 seen in NZ.35k is cheap.

I have spent over 35K just on performance upgrades etc. since I bought her.

48K is the price I am asking which I feel is very reasonable given the work that has gone into the M3.

EDIT: I forgot to post earlier that I have receipts for the work and will provide to the new owner.

In the last fortnight I have spent over $8000 to complete rust work and minor work for the W.O.F including a completely rebuilt steering rack.

Regards,

Laurence

stunning day in Wellington today!! with much help from Brett (the man behind the camera) we managed to snap some very very cool pictures of the M3.

I will have these posted up in a few days, all going well.

Laurence