Sign in to follow this  
Silver Fox

BMW races at Pukekohe this weekend

Just in case anyone didn't know, the Racing's starting at Puke this weekend. Should be around 50 E30s, and 30 plus open class cars, incl that white E46 of moe's. Could be close to 100 BMWs with entries in the other classes. Andrew and Ollie are both racing as well. :rolleyes:

Edited by Silver Fox

I'll be out there on Sunday.

Looking forward to watching the open class, I wonder what new cars will be competing this year.

My dad will be racing the E30S50 :) and im going to be a test pilot on Friday :)

I'll be in Jennian doing timing all weekend :( Also might have a wireless network set up so that people with laptops can pick up the timing feed, see me up in Jennian for a network password and the software to run it.

Moving house this week, gotta clean the house .. in the weekend ... seriously re-arranging some sh*t to make this... including wedding shows .. :unsure:

Milan will have his E34 there, and there's an E21, a couple of E28s ;) , and loads of M3s.

Milan will have his E34 there, and there's an E21, a couple of E28s ;) , and loads of M3s.

I sure will.....as far as i have ben told the only E34 race car in NZ??? Will have Zac's E24 M6 there too, great varity of oldies, ahh the E28's one of wich is a corporate cab now aye Dave!

Have to change my sig pic I guess? :rolleyes:

Is Zac racing, or just on show? :P

Edited by Silver Fox

Have to change my sig pic I guess? :rolleyes:

Is Zac racing, or just on show? :P

Bit flash in all white!!!!!

yeah will be, we were out on Saturday testing

Guest Simon*

Milan for those of us that won't see it, what are the specs of your E34 racecar?

or Dave, what's he running?

Milan's is a M30B35 in an E34,

David's is a M30B35 in an E28,

Zac's is a S38B35 in an E24.

Mine is a standard 200k engine from a road car, not sure what Milan's is, Zac's is ITB's, M6 motor I think.

Looking forward to this weekend. Shelley is on her way now to change all my graphics around. Will be there Friday, Sat and Sun.

I"ll be racing in Taupo if anyone wants to come laugh at me...

I'll just laugh at you from here if thats ok

My dad will be racing the E30S50 :) and im going to be a test pilot on Friday :)

I'll be in Jennian doing timing all weekend :( Also might have a wireless network set up so that people with laptops can pick up the timing feed, see me up in Jennian for a network password and the software to run it.

Dead keen on this.

We may twitter results and sh*t as well.

Follow us on twitter

http://twitter.com/bimmersport

It's going to be wet. Badass.

Oh great! Just what I don't need, more fun and games in the wet at Pukekohe <_<

I'm kind of wondering if it is worth finishing the car - as it's likely to get damaged again this week-end.

Luckily I have managed to get some new "wets" to go on the car, just got a whole load of other stuff to sort out. Getting there for practice is looking most unlikely at the moment, fingers crossed.

including wedding shows .. :unsure:

Brave man if you are the one to be wed, your f**ked if you do or don’t go really.

So 100 BMW's plus other classes, where do you all pit?

Might have to come and have a look for myself, there were a few E30 testing at Pukekohe last Saturday when I was going around. A white F/L E30 coupe was the quickest I come by.

So 100 BMW's plus other classes, where do you all pit?

On the non-pit side of the track in the carpark.

Wet + Full fields + New drivers = Carnage

Should be great for the spectators.

Make sure you stick around for the last race on Sunday. Race 35 is a 12 Lapper (double normal).

Just seen the new schedule with the Enduro race at the end, not sure how we will get all the cars on the grid for the race though?? Perhaps they are expecting a few to have dropped out by then.

New schedule has the two E30 groups back to back, which is a nuisance as I like to watch the other group racing, but then it's up to the organisers!

Yeah I don't like this back to back sh*t ether. But it must be like that to make it easier. But it means the 2nd group wont get to watch the first group at all. And the first group will miss most of the 2nd group due to weigh in wait.