3. Nissan Skyline

4. Subaru Legacy

5. Mitsubishi Legnum

6. Honda Integra

7. Subaru Forester

8. Mazda Lantis

9. Honda Prelude

10. Mazda Familia

Just gotta have a BMW, you now know why you pay a little more, after 67% of nicked vehicles have NO security in the vehicle at all. Back as far as 1992, the E36 had immoblisers in them.

Edited by Simo

In my eyes those cars are mostly owned by one sort and are sought after by one sort.

Those would be my 10 least cars i would ever steal?!

Who would take a familia?

I so would have thought bmw was up there

Pretty much all my friends own one of those types of cars.

I'm the only one with a decent european car.

Pretty much all my friends own one of those types of cars.

I'm the only one with a decent european car.

+1

same here

In my eyes those cars are mostly owned by one sort and are sought after by one sort.

I'd love to hear your definition of "sort". My daily driver is at number 4 on the list, so am I included in that definition even though we've never met?

Any other prejudices you want to get off your chest at the same time?

Im sure last year top 3 were silvia, impreza, 325i (coupe)

Yeah attempted theft list would be interesting!!

I'd love to hear your definition of "sort". My daily driver is at number 4 on the list, so am I included in that definition even though we've never met?

Any other prejudices you want to get off your chest at the same time?

She did say 'most', and it isn't a prejudice- it is a generalisation for the purpose of statement, with the appropriate disclaimer of "mostly"... meaning not all.

A prejudice is thinking that south aucklanders are all criminals. An appropriate generalisation is that poor people do not have flash houses.

It is these cars that have interchangeable performance parts between models which are in high demand and fetch good prices, not to mention they are all relatively easy to steal and the aforementioned "market" is willing to turn a blind eye if the price is right

Of course some people will dislike these vehicles (and their owners) but in general they are faster, more reliable (relative to performance) and cheaper to run than alternatives. Its not the cars fault if some pimply faced bogan gets his or her hands on them

Im sure last year top 3 were silvia, impreza, 325i (coupe)

Must say I have seen some face furnitured, cap backwards drug dealers driving past in lowered blingie 325i coupes Edited by Simo

Those would be my 10 least cars i would ever steal?!

Agreed!

Only cars which catch my attention now are BMW's.

Such a fan.

Nissan Silvia? Honda Integra? If I owned anything on that list, I would be stoked it was stolen...

Of course some people will dislike these vehicles (and their owners) but in general they are faster, more reliable (relative to performance) and cheaper to run than alternatives. Its not the cars fault if some pimply faced bogan gets his or her hands on them

Well said. There are a few cars on that list the I would like to own, but won't simply because of the image they have developed.

The Impreza is a prime example. In WRX form it's great car. Original unmolested examples are already considered classics in the UK and many other parts of the world. Integrale / Cosworth performance for a fraction of the price when launched. Combine that with build quality and reliability. The recipe hasn't really changed, they are still great cars, but the clientèle has. Subaru undoubtedly encouraged that, doesn't mean they are not good cars though.

I've seen enough ugly E36's, E46's and C180's to know that it's not just a Jap car thing so you can't claim the moral high ground just because you drive something European.

JUST SAW THE LIST ON 3 NEWS AND IT HAD A PICTURE OF A R34 BESIDE 'NISSIAN SILVIA' OMG LOL SO FUNNY

JUST SAW THE LIST ON 3 NEWS AND IT HAD A PICTURE OF A R34 BESIDE 'NISSIAN SILVIA' OMG LOL SO FUNNY

M8 it was a primera.

A Honda Prelude? Man who would want to steal one of them, by far the ugliest Honda. The only good part is the H22 in them. I would have thought the Mitsi lancers wouldve been right up there.

Nissan Silvia? Honda Integra? If I owned anything on that list, I would be stoked it was stolen...

I wouldn't. A tidy S13 or DC2 would be naiisss.

lol, i know the mazdas atre easy to steal, especially the ones that were the same generation as the equivalent fords... you could unlock my telstars (626) doors with a 10cent coin :o

Very bad locks, was a common problem cos my mates laser (323) was the same :P