Sign in to follow this  
paulieboi

advise on E30 conversion

Sammy J, Give us an idea on costs :P

mmmk well:

engine computer loom and all bits associated $3000

5 speed manual out of a 530i v8 $1000 + $1500 shipping from the states + customs charges

heavy duty clutch and custom single mass flywheel new cylinders etc $1350

Custom radiator $1000

A/C regased and matched to e30 lines $900

Drive shaft lengthening balancing and bigger end welded on $300

New water pump and reconditioning all seals and pumps etc on motor including water pipes $800

2.93 LSD $800

the list goes on.. $100 here and there to buy things that are needed quickly adds up.

Thats not including materials costs for engine mounts or exhaust

Edited by Sammy J

Note to self : Start saving up

There is a difference between advice and advise, clearly man. Like effect and affect.

It's enquiry and inquiry that always get me... ;)

Guest FrantiC

mmmk well:

5 speed manual out of a 530i v8 $1000 + $1500 shipping from the states + customs charges

Custom radiator $1000

New water pump and reconditioning all seals and pumps etc on motor including water pipes $800

2.93 LSD $800

the list goes on.. $100 here and there to buy things that are needed quickly adds up.

$1500 for shipping for the gearbox? dear god it's christmas for them!

It's enquiry and inquiry that always get me... ;)

That's a good one! I always say inquiry like in-'qua'-ree. RADNOM PERSONAL FACT OF THE DAY!

Sammy J - FOR REAL?

Im looking at a:- 1993 BMW 530 M60 V8 (says engine includes free car which is damaged). Can see alot of you guys searching for it now.

Problem is: its in Dunedin. I dont know anyone in Dunedin & they said NO WHEELS (bring your own) so I cant do that either. Would some in Dunedin be willing to help get some cheap s--t wheels that would fit & then load onto a transporter?

Id be keen as a mofo but just too much to worry about if I do buy it.

Sammy J - FOR REAL?

Im looking at a:- 1993 BMW 530 M60 V8 (says engine includes free car which is damaged). Can see alot of you guys searching for it now.

Problem is: its in Dunedin. I dont know anyone in Dunedin & they said NO WHEELS (bring your own) so I cant do that either. Would some in Dunedin be willing to help get some cheap s--t wheels that would fit & then load onto a transporter?

are you sure you want that

3L v8 160kw 310Nm of torque .

4L v8 210kw 410Nm

3.5L m30 e28,e24 , e23 type 160kw 310Nm and tunable to about 170-180kw .

3.5l m30 e34 ,e32 type 155kw 305kw and tunable 160kw

mmmk well:

Custom radiator $1000

2.93 LSD $800

You did well!

No surprises though, looks like you know what your doing.

Yeah before you listed the costs I immediately thought $10-15k - your sitting just over $10k, so that's fairly good.

I spent $5k or more on my SC, and it's not as fast as a v8. Closer to an e30 m3.

are you sure you want that

3L v8 160kw 310Nm of torque .

4L v8 210kw 410Nm

3.5L m30 e28,e24 , e23 type 160kw 310Nm and tunable to about 170-180kw .

3.5l m30 e34 ,e32 type 155kw 305kw and tunable 160kw

Im not buying, just was thinking of it. havet bid yet. If I did win it, I'd probably be in trouble cos I wouldnt be able to pick it up. Its a $1R, so what could you lose.

Im not buying, just was thinking of it. havet bid yet. If I did win it, I'd probably be in trouble cos I wouldnt be able to pick it up. Its a $1R, so what could you lose.

Even if you got it for $1, if would cost at least $400 to get the car to you, then the work involved to convert into an e30 would cost megabucks if you didnt know what you were doing.

All for a 3L m60? It's a half ass engine to begin with.

It's like doing all the work to put an M50 into an e30 and deciding to go with a m50b20..

Guest FrantiC

Even if you got it for $1, if would cost at least $400 to get the car to you, then the work involved to convert into an e30 would cost megabucks if you didnt know what you were doing.

All for a 3L m60? It's a half ass engine to begin with.

It's like doing all the work to put an M50 into an e30 and deciding to go with a m50b20..

+1

If your going to do it, Go for the biggest capacity possible or else it is a crap gain in performance vs the money spent.

I am sitting around $5-6 with my turbo conversion. Probably over $10000 if you add everything in the car together, like m-tech2 kit, LSD, the initial 2.7 motor etc.

Power doesn't come cheap <_<

Do you really want to spend more than $2.50 ?? Your always asking for prices to do things and come up with some really "strange" & "stupid" ideas...but you dont appear to do much of what you speak about... anyway... dreams are free... maybe keep it on your pillow.. and save us the stress of reading about it every five minutes

Sammy J - FOR REAL?

The guy is actually on here.