Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

The Hangover Thread

I used to be able to get completely written off and be fine by 10am the next day, im finding a decent session can have me screwed two days later now, the heavy sessions are becoming few and far between these days.

X2 on going for a walk or run depending on how severe it is, im sure yakking whilst you walk home from a pub is a good preventative. Funny when your hammered a 15k walk seems completely doable..

Funny when your hammered a 15k walk seems completely doable..

The only way to get home from the cop shop at 2.00 am in the morning after a DIC

Wouldn’t know Glenn, it was more the walks home from Manukau to Papakura after realising your friends have left hours ago and you spent you last $50 on a round for some complete strangers you thought were the friends you come with.. Na im sweet, I’ll walk, it’s just down the road…

Wouldn’t know Glenn, it was more the walks home from Manukau to Papakura after realising your friends have left hours ago and you spent you last $50 on a round for some complete strangers you thought were the friends you come with.. Na im sweet, I’ll walk, it’s just down the road…

I walked home from the CBD to Manurewa once when I was younger. Pissed when I left...sobber when I got home.... same thing happened got left behind with no money left.

Vodka doesn't give me hangovers so I just drink that :P

Else a sub of the day and a blue powerade work wonders.

A great big fry-up, hard to get down, but feels a lot better when finished. Coupled with great big glasses of orange juice and a mug of strong sweet tea. Also best not to sit around feeling sorry for yourself, do something active, get the heart pumping and sweat out the poisons.

One time only hangover cures - Swedish "Bath" - jumping into the Baltic Sea when you wake up, if there are no showers, even in the middle of summer it is still only about 5 degrees C, the hypothermia soon takes over from the hangover. Makes the locals laugh though!

One time only hangover cures - Swedish "Bath" - jumping into the Baltic Sea when you wake up, if there are no showers, even in the middle of summer it is still only about 5 degrees C, the hypothermia soon takes over from the hangover. Makes the locals laugh though!

Haha done a similar thing but at Loch Ness in Scotland. Jumped in with another Kiwi at the end of March. In there for less than 2 mins and we were blue. Hangover was instantly gone. Slept in front of the fire that night.

Vodka doesn't give me hangovers so I just drink that :P

Else a sub of the day and a blue powerade work wonders.

What Vodka do you drink :mellow:

Also, a good cure is to wake up somewhere you shouldn’t be, you will be running and feeling great before you know it.

Wake up

Make toast

Look at the toast

Throw the toast away

Nothing

I have found out lately that a 1.5L of water before bed works a treat.

Also, a good cure is to wake up somewhere you shouldn’t be, you will be running and feeling great before you know it.

Yeah that sucks. A lot. Especially when you are in Wellington and don't know where ANYTHING is.

That's the worst, start freaking out and can't think what to do cause you've only just woken up.

Russian Standard :D

don't drink pre-mixed cola and (insert spirit here)

mix your own ... the pre-mix stuff makes for shocking hangovers

also, if you are drinking spirits, lots of ice in your drink helps too

make sure you get lots of sleep

for the morning ... either:

1) keep drinking (probably the best option IMO)

or

2) drink a lot of water and eat something

Yeah that sucks. A lot. Especially when you are in Wellington and don't know where ANYTHING is.

Or Dunedin, few walks of shame and you get to know the place quite well though

Wake up

google map to find out where i am

pick up a pie/Macs and blue powerade

try and piece togeather the night with stories friends tell

eat more

watch blue planet on blue ray

sleep

Or Taupo when its -3deg and you dont know the location of the Hotel you are staying at is and when you do finnaly find it you realise its all locked up and you have lost your key.

Drunk survival tip. Sleep in Hotel next doors spa, spa’s are warm.

Hahaha. righto.

"Ill just sleep here, ill be fine."

As I crawl into a bush....

Shut up RyanG!!!

Two consecutive 6am sleeps the last two nights. Both well well past coherency.

Its a lot easier with Blue powerade, dvd's and a woman. Unless she cant cook eggs

Unless she cant cook eggs

they all can cook eggs... sometimes you just got to make them :P

a vanilla milk shake to start with then 2 hamburgers from mac d's always helps then berocca overdose

they all can cook eggs... sometimes you just got to make them :P

You wish.

Some women suck at cooking.