Sign in to follow this  
charles28

updated pics of my E30 325i

Sorry for starting a new Topic, I couldn't work out how to edit the name of the other one, i've had the car a while now so the title doesn't really suit etc.

As you can now see, the Dumpy is gone, the stock steering wheel is gone, but has been replaced with a MTECH item.

A Headunit has been installed, just a cheap USB/MP3 Panasonic one, but its better than no sound at all.

Dashmat is to protect the dash for those who think its a bit "Ginger Beer"

I'm not doing much more to this car at this stage, I have a Strut brace on order, but thats about it, I might be tempted to get some new rims for it, ie those 16inch Deep dish ones that a trader on here is getting in soon, however these factory 15" motorsport wheels will end up on my other E30 before anyone asks how much i want for them, they look like 14" thanks to having the wrong profile tyres.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice!

Is that a Powerpro exhaust? if so i have 1 too, how do you like the sound?

Do you have to have aerial so far out? haha

Very nice!

Is that a Powerpro exhaust? if so i have 1 too, how do you like the sound?

Do you have to have aerial so far out? haha

hehe the Aerials a bit stuffed, or maybe its not a power one like on my other E30.

Its an X-Force Muffler, its actually pretty quiet, as quiet as stock 320i exhaust on my other car, sounds good at high RPM.

I think thats mostly the headers. they are strange design,makes it sound good hehe.

The car has a pretty large silencer under the car in the middle approx, Twin in Twin out, I think that helps keep the noise down.

When I get time I'll find somewhere nice to take some better pics, its taken me 3 weeks to get time to clean it..

A better camera would help though, rather than my el-cheapo Canon happy snapper

Edited by Charles28

Thats looking really good! I do like white e30s.

Additional..

Got the Front Strut Brace last week, heres how it looks, I like that its white on white.

Still to come:

16" Alpina replica Wheels from Zenetti, am fitting my 205/55/16 tyres I have spare on these, they are those Dunlop Formula FM901's, but awesome condition, ideally I should have 205/50/16, but these are sitting around spare.

Currently I have 205/60/15's on the Weaves, so the overall diameter should only be bugger all:

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference

205/60-15 4.8in 12.3in 24.7in 77.6in 817 0.0%

205/55-16 4.4in 12.4in 24.9in 78.2in 811 0.8%

Posted Image

Niice,

What'd the Strut Bar cost you?

Was about $130 incl Shipping I think, theres a guy on the forum that sells them.

$126 incl. shipping. Mine arrived today. ;)

Contact AAP Imports (BS username).

Car is looking sweeet!

nice and tidy, well done

Finally I have the Alpina look alike wheels.

The tyres are 205/55/16, ideally i need to change these to 205/50/16, as I have rubbing issues and I am going to a trackday on Sunday.. mmmm, it only seems to do that when turning left for some reason.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking good.

Some tints would be perfect.

yeah. might do that in the new year..

At least tints look good on white cars hehe

the 205 50s are a good idea as they will also put your speedo back close enough to reading what speed your actually doing. ^_^ tyres should be about the same price as the 55 series as the 50 series is widely used by wrx's an evo 4s. coming along nicely charles

Just took the front wheels off and removed inner guards, went for a drive, no more noise when cornering left..

Speedo wise I don't need to worry, according to GPS my car tells me i'm going 5km faster than I really am. ie 105km on GPS = 110k on speedo.

I already had 205/60/15's before when I was meant to have 205/55/15's, so I doubt that my speedo is far out at all.

Interestingly.. my other E30 has factory 195/65/14's and GPS at 100km = speedo at 100km, its accurate at all the speeds i've tried..

Looking good. You just need to paint/clean the white oil cooler!

Just be careful when going over judder bars, bumpy ground etc not to catch your tyre on your front guard.

That's what happened on my E30 when I had my 16" rims on with that size tyre.

Hey your car looks really good. Have a white 4 door in perfect nick in my garage that I need to finish a manual conversion on. Quite like the wheels and ride height you have there.

Looking awesome!

Same exhaust as mine (was yours off Trademe? I paid $80 for mine off TM). They sound good, but I've had one cop try do me for mine but its not loud at all, passed my Pinky WOF (fussy cop lol) but havent been touched since which is good.

But the white E30 looks mint....

Is it Hard to keep CLEAN?! :)