Sign in to follow this  
thorburn

price of respraying wheels

Getting my bbs rc's resprayed satin black. They have minor curbing on 3 of the wheels.

Got my first quote back of 450 per wheel to be repaired and resprayed.

Is this a fair price or should i shop around more?

James

Sh*t! Please tell us which company that is so we can steer clear of them.

I'd be guessing maybe $250 a wheel max. I wouldn't pay anything above $200 a wheel.

$450 a wheel is the kinda quote you'd get from most places if they're fixing cracked wheels etc. Wow, I can't get over that quote.

Apparently 100 bucks to have them bead blasted, 200 for paint, then 100 to "clean them up". I won't get rude about them untill i have got the wheels off them

I'd double check and make sure they don't mean $450 a set.... that price would be about OK'ish then for that sort of work.

$400 +gst each

Just went out to Cambridge Wheel & Frame to pick up the wheels. Wheels hadn't been moved from where i dropped them off. Picked them up without any question of who i was or if they were my wheels.

any places people could reccomend next? might just make the trip up to arrow wheels

Wow, that price is shocking! Typical small town business I guess?

Not sure who in Hamilton could do it, but I'll ask some mates & see if they know.

i got quoted from arrow wheels out at west. 160 + GST to repaint my 18" but that included lip damage repair and respray

edit: oh that's each

Edited by Docile

Think Wheel Fix It quoted me around $100+GST per wheel for my old ones. That was mobile, and they do everything on site.

I just did my RC's. Check the thread out if you havnt already.

$400 per rim is an huge amount of dollars! Are they worth $1600 + initial purchase price of th rim to you? I went the more expencive options and spent ~$300 all up. Powder coat may be a cheaper option in satin black.

If you are a hands on kinda person you could save some $$ with some elbow grease.

yes i have seen your thread matt. It was actually the reason i decided i had to have some rc's(and the weight of them). You have done a great job of them.

Think Wheel Fix It quoted me around $100+GST per wheel for my old ones. That was mobile, and they do everything on site.

I have emailed wheel fix it and they have given me a much more reasonable price (well a lot less then 450 a wheel). How did you find the quality of their work? Edited by e46_323i

sh*t!!!!

mine are way worse than yours and its only $500 to get them fixed.

mine are craked and buckled and need extensive weilding(3hrs each wheel). They need to be rolled first then welded then machined then rolled again then acid bathed then repainted white(or any colour) and thats for both of my rims and they are in real bad condition that they cant even guarantee that they will not crack again.

my suggestion......

Edited by westy

!!!!

Thats appalling. I just had a buckle fixed on one of my schnitzers: $160incl. Same guy gave me a rough quote of $500 to fix my extensively damaged ROH adrenalines. Thats incl the shadow chrome paint, which is a bit of a mission apparantly.

still having trouble with these wheels.

They have been sitting up at arrow wheels for a bit. They have just told me that all of them had cracks. Found this a bit strange because all of them held air fine. Would i not notice a leak if there was a crack?

still having trouble with these wheels.

They have been sitting up at arrow wheels for a bit. They have just told me that all of them had cracks. Found this a bit strange because all of them held air fine. Would i not notice a leak if there was a crack?

Did they say where the cracks were ?The cracks might be close to the bead and the bead may still be sealing... I doubt that they would lie to you... they have a very good reputation

no they didn't i will get more info.

i'd just never heard of cracks that didn't leak air. and for it to happen to all four of them seemed a bit unlucky.

I have read plenty of threads and do agree they have a great reputation.

Good to read for when i get my hartges fixed!

I doubt that they would lie to you... they have a very good reputation

+1

lack of information was the problem. crack is on some of the spokes where they attach to the barrel.

i think i have learnt a good lesson about buying second hand wheels