Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Who else thinks 2009 was a sh*t year?

Don't have a sh*t year or a sh*t month, not even a sh*t day. I have a sh*t moment or a sh*t two second, no one has ever heard me say "I had a sh*t day" or "Yesterday was sh*t".

Everyday I wake up, I say "This is a good day". Don't ever get up on the wrong side of the bed because the left side is just as good as the right side :)

Then you are lucky. Hope it stays that way for you.

I think the majority of bimmersport needs to harden the f**k up...

You sound like you try just a little too hard. This leads me to believe you are really a behind closed doors pussy.

How about you boys suck it up and grow some sack. You moaners.

Every year is a mint year. No regrets.

Good god you really don't think before you post a lot of the time.

Emily remember that if you have nothing constructive to post maybe you are better off not posting at all!

Not everyone has a whinge off the forum via Facebook to moderators when something doesn't go their way like you!

Edited by Grant

Okay everyone, before people start getting their asbestos-lined knickers in a knot (and this gets locked by moderators), how about everyone think about the new year ahead and their hopes for it, which is what I think the OP was getting at.

Whatever 2009 held for us, most of us will have had a break before working in 2010, ample chance to think about life etc. We don't need to start it badly for Bimmersport by picking at each others thoughts, or their hopes for that matter.

[dispenses chill pills to everyone]

Have a good 2010 everyone, regardless of how 2009 was :D

I just think it's a little wrong to be complaining about how bad 2009 was, more in the means to what goes wrong with your car.

I would not tell someone to harden up if a family member died.

I just think people should be happy with what they have. As clearly others are far worse off than all of you.

Then you are lucky. Hope it stays that way for you.

I believe in the opposite too, there aren't any great days or great years. Life is made up of moments that comes to you which can be good or bad.

eg you go out for a drive in the back road, there will be moments that are great when you have the S-bend lined up correctly, there will be moments that are sh*t when you come across a pothole or a unexpected compression.

eg you're holding your child and she is so cute looks at you and tries to talk, suddenly she pukes. You had a great moment then a sh*t moment.

eg seeing your mother-in-law drives off the cliff in your brand new car. depends on how you interpret that, it can either be a great moment or a sh*t moment; not both.

(it did happen to a friend, but much exaggerated, it was a steep driveway and she went off the driveway, slip down a slope and scratch the side while reversing down)

How about you boys suck it up and grow some sack. You moaners.

Every year is a mint year. No regrets.

I just think it's a little wrong to be complaining about how bad 2009 was, more in the means to what goes wrong with your car.

I would not tell someone to harden up if a family member died.

I just think people should be happy with what they have. As clearly others are far worse off than all of you.

Well Em' i for one agree with you.

My partners grand daughter has terminal cancer and WILL pass very early this year at the age of 9, but that will not make the year sh*t, it will strengthen the family resolve to enjoy every little part of life, whether good, bad or indifferent.

Like most years mine was a bit up & down but hey you just have to rip into whats in front of you & not stress about whats gone.

Got plenty of work,some new toys for the cars,good friends & you lot :unsure: -gonna be a good year!!!!

i started the year by jumping into a very cold pool (with others im not a random pool jumper)so i thought the year can only get better... then i got vomited on, sunburnt, punched in the mouth and hit in the shin with a cricket ball

so not a good start but since then i have been able to drive some awesome central nz desert roads in an alfa with the air con on and the v6 wailing

i believe you can have a sh*t year and i do believe in talking about it as long as your saying i had ash*t year but the next one is going to be better because....

my 2009 wasnt a great one but its true others have worse a close friend of mine had 2 uncles and aunty and a grandmother die with in 3 months then on fathers day his healthy mother dropped dead infront of him with seemingly no reason

so sum all that up "bad days/years are only bad if your dont make an effort to overcome them

Keep posting everyone I'm relatively new on here and this thread is sorting the men from the boys.

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

Years pass by. Sometimes sh*t happens.

I think the fact that all of you are on a bmw forum ( which involves having electricity, a computer, and internet ) and most of you own a bmw ( or any car in fact ) means you guys have some wealth, or are well looked after. Compared to a huge majority of people on this Earth, I think I can safely say you have all had a very very good 2009. :)

Think yourselfs lucky and look on the bright side.

I'd close this but i'd like to say I had a great day today, a stranger to me on this forum Heath (drtdvl) came through and dropped off a fuel filter for me and my car got back on the road. Pretty good sh*t, turned my bad day yesterday right around today, thanks a lot mate monies already tranferred.

2009 was awesome. Met some amazing people, drunk a lot of piss, spent a lot of money on things I shouldn't have and got dux of my high school.

No regrets at all. I'm almost certain 2010 will be the best year of my life though. So much to look forward to. It's already started well.

toyota startlet and squeezing 5 ppl into it

Haha, we got 8 of us into a 2 door starlet a couple of months back!

Thats a lot of meaning to take out of a 1 line sentence and a little harsh on your part towards tony. I think he meant that you shouldnt measure things in such big doses e.g. why a whole year?

Glass is always half full, every day above ground is fantastic!

Sorry if that was harsh, lol, I was drinking and surfing. Though I don't understand how some people can be happy with a sh*t existence. You need to be sad about a sh*t existence so that you strive to make it better, otherwise it will never change.

Sorry if that was harsh, lol, I was drinking and surfing. Though I don't understand how some people can be happy with a sh*t existence. You need to be sad about a sh*t existence so that you strive to make it better, otherwise it will never change.

True. But at no point did he say he had a "sh*t existence."

True. But at no point did he say he had a "sh*t existence."

He may not but others complaining of a bad year may have had a sh*t existence at some point.

Years pass by. Sometimes sh*t happens.

This was what I was about to type.

Emily -grow less balls and facial hair and GTFO.

This was what I was about to type.

Emily -grow less balls and facial hair and GTFO.

And get a perm?

Im sure this was a BMW forum when I joined.

This is the Off Topic Forum what do you expect?? your pretty lucky here that all the OT stuff is in one place though. most forums have OT stuff in every Topic.

Exactly what I said last night before all the posts got deleted. Totally agree.

ethrty320 for moderator.

Lols me that you cannot log in for a week and when you return not one topic is remotely interesting, its quite embarrassing.

Goes outside to remove bimmersport stickers through embarrassment :lol: