Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Who else thinks 2009 was a sh*t year?

I don't know for others but it seams the consensis is that 2009 was the shittiest year for a lot of people in a very very long time...

personally i can say from having deaths of family members, deaths of friends, marriage breakups, long terms friends breakup, financial troubles, etc...

i can say I'm am glad to be seeing the back of 2009...

I am so looking forward to the new year and leaving a year of heart ache and suffering behind....

Anyone else agree or was 2009 a fantastic year for you?

I don't know for others but it seams the consensis is that 2009 was the shittiest year for a lot of people in a very very long time...

personally i can say from having deaths of family members, deaths of friends, marriage breakups, long terms friends breakup, financial troubles, etc...

i can say I'm am glad to be seeing the back of 2009...

I am so looking forward to the new year and leaving a year of heart ache and suffering behind....

Anyone else agree or was 2009 a fantastic year for you?

Yep its been a sh*#t year, but not as bad as 2008, wat wil make 2010 better?

It was a pretty chur year for me.

Made a heap of new friends, lost no old ones, managed to own 3 different cars, crash a few motorcycles, go to court and get let off, m50 my e30, got reasonably good results at uni, and also I got to go to the Ukraine. Pretty much perfect.

Edited by Mark247

I had typed a big spiel, but delete, and sumarise that yes- my family and I will be glad to see the back of 2009 more than any year before it (besides bad years for deaths).

Bring on '10!!

09' was Meh for me.

Was in a shitty cold flat, had f**k all money, was in two car accidents, had to kick a flatmate out after the first month, new flatmate ended up buying a f**king spa pool, which I was totally against, but all the other flatmates wanted it as they thaught it would "get girls", but all it ever did was cost f**kLOADs in power. 600+/month.

then that flatmate eventually felt up my mates mrs, and f**ked off, and barely helped with bills. f**king tosser.

Then my H/gasket blew...had to borrow money....

ect, ect...

Cool story aye?

Worst year ever.

Bring on 2010 :D

This. 2009 was sh*t as. Hurry up 2010. Year of boosted E30s _b

Work was rubbish, and I lost a family member.

Bought a 535 with an utterly knackered body.

But it was a HD12 with M5 kit, leather sport seats, LSD and a manual gearbox, so now I have a project.

Oh, and I got married and we now have an awesome baby girl.

2009 was a great year for me, but 2010 will be a great one too!

2009 was a good and bad year for me,

Had some amazing opportunities job wise, left them.. oh shiiit burnt bridges, but later found out they'd re-employ me in the future so back to all good.

Got myself into financial sh*t spending all my money an a certain E30 and hire purchases and forgetting you gotta pay bills AND have money to live :lol: ..learnt my lesson :rolleyes: , glad it's while I had nothing to lose and I managed to sort it out anyway

Had a best friend of 3 or 4 years stop talking to me...havn't figured that out yet haha

All in All Learnt heaps, wouldnt repeat the year but not regretting it

The first half on 09 was rubbish, struggled to find a job but then managed find one. Wasn't quite what I wanted to do but the job can open doors the future so there is potential to make something of it which is good.

If last night was anything to go by then 2010 should be a continuation of the last 4 months. Filled with awesomeness

Looks like 2010 will be a sh*t year if this fail thread is anything to go by. Edited by Forrest

Looks like 2010 will be a sh*t year if this fail thread is anything to go by.

<3 <3 <3

Its not like on new year everything resets and makes everything better... I dont know why people think a certain year was sh*t....

I had a great 2009 year, munich beerfest, BMW world & museum, 9 week euro vacation upon return finding my job just got a whole lot better!

then

2010 started terribly, this morning a rock punctured my fuel filter, my drivers window electric switch failed, and a seagull shat on me when I finally got to the beach after losing 15 litres of fuel getting the car back somewhere safe - then had to switch to my friends toyota startlet and squeezing 5 ppl into it!

however

if drtdvl comes through with the replacement filter then i'd have to admit that's some awesome community spirit and indeed good deeds do deserve another (if that's the saying)

Guest kis

How about you boys suck it up and grow some sack. You moaners.

So three people have said they lost family members and you come up with this sh*t.

Yeah harden up fellas, the queen of crying and whinging has spoken.

2009 = Best year ever so far

Owned 3 E30s and the Lada

Converted the DD from a stock base model car into full ///M except the engine which is paid for just not in yet

Made many new friends

Took the first steps on the Love road (everybody say awwwwwww....)

Graduated High School

Promoted at Work

Only thing that would have made it better would be turning 18.. but thats not too far away :)

Bring on 2010!

Don't have a sh*t year or a sh*t month, not even a sh*t day. I have a sh*t moment or a sh*t two second, no one has ever heard me say "I had a sh*t day" or "Yesterday was sh*t".

Everyday I wake up, I say "This is a good day". Don't ever get up on the wrong side of the bed because the left side is just as good as the right side :)

Its not like on new year everything resets and makes everything better... I dont know why people think a certain year was sh*t....

Obviously your life is run of the mill, it just ticks over from day to day.... you don't need a watch let alone a calendar, the worst that's happened to you is that your hobby car needed a service, you have no goals to achieve each year, you live a blob of a life, if that's how you want it, that's cool, just some of us are aiming somewhere, we see each year as a stepping stone to our goal, we wager our efforts, some years we see sh*t others are f**king awesome..... I must say these last few years have been PURE sh*t.

Obviously your life is run of the mill, it just ticks over from day to day.... you don't need a watch let alone a calendar, the worst that's happened to you is that your hobby car needed a service, you have no goals to achieve each year, you live a blob of a life, if that's how you want it, that's cool, just some of us are aiming somewhere, we see each year as a stepping stone to our goal, we wager our efforts, some years we see sh*t others are f**king awesome..... I must say these last few years have been PURE sh*t.

Thats a lot of meaning to take out of a 1 line sentence and a little harsh on your part towards tony. I think he meant that you shouldnt measure things in such big doses e.g. why a whole year?

Glass is always half full, every day above ground is fantastic!