Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Sign the speedway petition

Guest Simon*

http://www.speedwayclub.co.nz/signpetition.php

SIGN THE PETITION

Speedway has been part of Auckland's entertainment offering since 1929 and it would be a tragedy for the sport and the city if the Speedway was forced to close. Give Auckland's future generations the option to experience great family sporting entertainment in the heart of their city:

By signing this petition I:

* Support the continuation of Speedway at Western Springs Stadium.

* Ask that Council raises the unrealistic low boundary noise level from85 dBA to a level that speedway can reasonably operate.

* Ask the Council to change the District Plan to reflect a reasonable compliance standard for boundary measurements referred to in the District Plan C05 – 08 section B.

* Ask that the Council allow up to 20 meetings per season.

* Ask that the Council allow mid week meetings including two meetings per week during an International Series.

* Ask that the Council allow the last event to start before 10:30 and be allowed to run until its completion.

Done, and have made all the guys here at work sign it as well. I always make sure I attend the internatinal meetings and it makes me really really annoyed that these residents move in even though they are aware of the speedway.

What will be next? Muzzling the animals at the zoo so they are quiet between 10pm and 6am?

Everyone should get behind this... maybe a BS meeeting later in the year?

Edited by zenetti

Guest Simon*

Yeah or my pet hate, people that buy in subdivisions next to airports and complain about "noisy planes!"

Yeah or my pet hate, people that buy in subdivisions next to airports and complain about "noisy planes!"

Done :D

Thats what they tried doing to Ardmore here in Auckland

Edited by *Glenn*

I luv the planes, especially Sunday afternoons... we get an aerial display every Sunday if the weathers fine

Or people who buy "lifestyle blocks" and complain about animals.

Signed.

Edited by westy

Just realised that I signed this petition once before on the 09/02/2007.

Searched for my name. Signed it again.

Done.

Too many people complain these days. Just build thicker walls!!! lol

Any subdivision consented near an existing use that has noise or similar effects that the new residents may not like should have consent notices placed on all the new titles preventing the residents from complaining. Or it should be knocked back on the grounds of reverse sensitivity.

Signed.

Signed.

Interesting how the Council seems to have rejected the previous petition. This is the same council that imposed their idiotic 40km/h speed limit on Ponsonby Road based on a petition by a few hundred busybodies.

Edited by GreyE34

Western Springs Speedway is an Auckland Heritage area... frigg the new locals who have now moved in. It belongs to Auckland and should be kept that way. My father raced there with Garth Hogan & Len Perry before I was born and I've raced there in midgets and side cars... f**k them... Saturday nite with noise is soul enhancening.. more luv it than hate it. More people turn up there on Saturday nites than those that live there... and they probably inject more money into the area in one night than the locals do in a week.... Long live Western Springs Speedway :P We could do a BS protest... block all the roads for the locals on a Friday nite or Monday morning ??... Maybe not :(

Edited by *Glenn*

signed.

move somewhere else if you dont like it hippies!

Signed. Not because I'm a speedway fan, but because, like everyone else I hate when these nancy boy softies try and ruin everyone elses fun, when it hardly impacts on their pathetic lives.

^^^and facebook, posted a link on mine. Same sort of people complaining about Ruapuna in Chch.