Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Project M325i

Compressed springs maybe?

BTW that pics /\ /\ not working for me...

Lol your car is my cars double, I have the lower half of at the moment to be painted this week also. Drop it out to Papakura if your keen, he might do us a deal! haha.

Archers springs can compress the front pair and retain rate for $100, they are in Takanini.

ha I have my man on the shore that might paint some other parts at the same time, depending how much it cost to get the ride height correct. Might skip on compressing and just get another pair of front springs, I also need to get some front shocks so its looking like its going to be pretty expensive exercise unless something pops up on trademe over the next few week's.

Can you not have your fronts rebuilt?? Assuming the Bilstien.

Putting superlows on the front reversed the reverse rake for me. Got lows on the back.

What brand superlows? King spring super lows are about a 30mm drop and jamex are like a 100mm drop, no exadgeration :wacko:

Can you not have your fronts rebuilt?? Assuming the Bilstien.

Apparently only the pf/l M e30's came with bilsteins and fl M cars came with sachs shocks :(

Mine has Factory Bilsteins and its a 1990, assumed they all had them.

What brand superlows? King spring super lows are about a 30mm drop and jamex are like a 100mm drop, no exadgeration :wacko:

Pretty sure Jamex super lows are a 60mm Drop?

I dig it - possibly the only one here who thinks the rear tyre fitment is perfect!

I dig it - possibly the only one here who thinks the rear tyre fitment is perfect!

Thanks :) I'm thinking I will leave the rear springs in but double up the spring pads so it sits a bit higher.

The fronts on the otherhand are getting replaced, will be dropping the front so the guard is just above the tire, if anyone wants to do a trade on springs that would be awesome. ( current springs are King springs )

The fronts on the otherhand are getting replaced, will be dropping the front so the guard is just above the tire

Rear looks all good, once you drop front to match it will look sweet. Nice one dood.

I doubled up the spring pads and its made a good difference in the rear, sitting near perfect height imo, pic was taken on a slight downhill slop so it sit about 5mm higher on the flat.

There front are stiff as sh*t but overnight have settled a bit.

post-3670-1269846416.jpg

Edited by Jamez

i think once you get the front back on its going to look just right james

As they say Chris-the proofs in the pudding.

My car sat exactly like James & is now raked forward-on King superlows.

Edited by 1rotty

Near similar to mine. Ive 40mm H&R's, 10mm spring pad in the rear + though camber plates in the front raise it up about 6mm.

post-733-1270082849.jpg

that's nearly what im looking for, hopefully tomorow I will have the front sitting slightly lower than yours

then its off to paint around lunch time :)

Bought some decent pads for the e30, Mintex 1166 to be exact. Also managed to source another 4x100 RS to complete my project set

I have also gone and bought 4 x 205/60/15 potenza semi slicks. Reason I chose the high profile was because they were really cheap :) otherwise I would have got some R888's.

and today i got a wheel alignment, sitting at 2 degrees camber in the front and 3 degrees in the rear, 1.7mm toe in on the rear and 0.5mm toe in on the front.

Bring on the track day :) then i'll send the front tech2 for paint.

post-3670-1272580782.jpg

post-3670-1272580789.jpg

post-3670-1272580795.jpg

Edited by Jamez

Went to the track day, broke some stuff.

Before it was all nice and clean.

Posted Image

now its dirty as.

Posted Image]

manged to break the engine mounts.

Posted Image

so got some new ones :)

Posted Image

took the headers off and noticed how restrictive they are.

Posted Image

so I got some new ones :)

Posted Image

Also installed a EAT chip, cant wait till the next track day :)

The headers sent me from the top of fourth into fifth at Hampton Downs - they're awesome.

The car looks even more awesome dirty :)

Hope the bits serve you well. Any trouble getting them on?

no issues fitting anything, having problems with the ignition cutting out under full load in the lower gears tho, full throtle in 1st and 2nd cuts out at about 3-4500 rpm. also has issues with idle, will be idleing nice then suddenldy cut out then try to regain itself.

3rd 4th and 5th not so much, might swap the standard chip back in and see how it goes.

Any ideas?