Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

E46 Race car

Looks like a WTCC E46? Perhaps one of Mike Delmont's?

$35,000 - $55,000 sounds like a bloody good deal if it's ready to race! (considering the datalogging itself is $10,000 worth, assuming full software options are available).

Not sure about the unsprung - I thought brakes were 332mm AP's. Also, chassis is probably setup for a specific rubber - without documentation, would be quite hard to bring out the car's potential...

It's clearly not a WTCC car, how many do you see for sale for 55k.....

It's clearly not a WTCC car, how many do you see for sale for 55k.....

Clearly my son you are wrong. It is what you said it ain't. Maybe there's no money left in shrimps?

Surely this isn't the sort of car you'd auction off at turners?

Thats what gets me. And if you were going to sell it at Turners, surely you would make the effort to list all the features to make sure you get top dollar. Or at least the engine size.

I'd say it is the 2nd one that hasn't been used in NZ yet as there a few differences but the engines look almost exactly. And the wheels and front kit are different, not that it means much on a race car.

the cages is slightly different to the Babb one. (I cant remember if he bought one of Mikes to build his one)

completely different car Andy.

I need to buy this car SOOOO badly, I have just the right colour scheme for it.... :wub:

From what people are saying, I guess the consensus is that it's one of the WTCC Mike brought into the country a couple of years back. I know that one, or possibly both, has been up for sale for a long time. In all honesty I have never even thought of asking about the price as I would have imagined a few more zeroes on the guide price. However, it is still only a guide price and I would expect that the reserve is at the top end of that range.

Depending on the exact spec of the car, and the spares / back up that goes with it that price could be the bargain of the century. Pretty sure it's not the Roal racing one that has the history behind it, more likely the un-raced "spare" car.

What would the maintenance be like, how many parts are common to road cars, and how often would the engine need major work? I have seen some 2ltr touring car engines that need a complete re-build every 2000kms. Suppose that if I need to ask, it's really out of my price range :(

Just a thought, but at that price, it could be a repo!

Turners when they sell repos, generally don't go too to much effort and the repo company only goes for the money owed to them...

For a car of that caliber, 2x the expected would still be a steal.

But suspect that it has "no paper work" with it, even if it was a "spare" car, it would still have all the FIA, homologation & build info.

As for running and maintaining, I def. would think it's in the "if you have to ask..." ($$) category, and you would want to be pretty familiar with the BMW Motorsport catalogue.

Don't think I can con' the wife into trading her Altezza :(

TEST DRIVE

This vehicle will be available for test drives.

See the branch for viewing times.

:D

But suspect that it has "no paper work" with it, even if it was a "spare" car, it would still have all the FIA, homologation & build info.

Just spoken to the guy at Turners and he believes it is a 2ltr motor and has confirmed that there is no paperwork at all, which is a bit of a down side :( . I would imagine that you could track a lot of the history from BMW Motorsport if you asked nicely, but could be a bit of a gamble as to what has been done to the car since it was built. :unsure:

There are no spares of any shape or size with the car either, which would add big $$$s to any prospective buyer's budget for a race season. Just tyres, pads, rotors, etc. for wear and tear, let alone if something important let go! It's not like it's an E30 and someone else in the pits would have a spare, I doubt even Foxy's amazing truck of spares would cover something like this.. :(

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

I purchased a works touring car a while back which had no paperwork and didn't think it a big deal but it certainly turned into one. Has been sorted now but lots of time and cost. Wouldn't advise anyone else do the same thing.

I would bet it's a repo. If you don't make any claim about what it is, there is no comeback.

TEST DRIVE

This vehicle will be available for test drives.

See the branch for viewing times.

:D

Im there!

Do want.

don't you think you'd just stall it in the car park? Not too sure tuners would appreciate 6000rpm with launch control in the lot :D

I can see it now ... a line of people trying to get it going. *doh! fuel pump circuit breakers!*

See here, http://www.bmw.net.nz/html/e46_wtcc_320.html

AFAIK this car is ex BMW Motorsport AG WTCC from Roal Racing, Ravaglia's team, driven by Antonio Garcia. One of the cars brought in by Mike Delmont ex Singapore.

Edited by Silver Fox

I'm not sure it is one of Mike's cars Foxy, how many did he bring over in total, was it 2 or 3? I thought I heard mention that one was sold to a guy down in South Island? This is the latest listing on Racecarsdirect for Mike D's car, and it mentions the unraced one alsol..

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/2363...C_2003_003.html

There are a few subtle differences as well, most noticeable in the under bonnet shots. I guess the only sure way to find out is to phone and ask Mike as Turners don't have much of a clue :unsure: ...?