Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

HOSTGE

So, got my second e30 after the first one was minged up, same colour, same year, less doors, less cc's ( :( )

Sat in a container for 6 years as someones unfinished rotor project, got it damn cheap too.

post-2681-1269761631.jpg

I towed it back to mine with the trusty corolla which was stolen a few weeks later :(

post-2681-1269761710.jpg

Lined up with the old car

post-2681-1269761836.jpg

What I resurrected from the (semi) dead, with the help of a few parts in the boot and a few I bought

Its now sitting on:

Bilsteins + H&Rs in 51mm struts and disc rear end.

325i Swaybars front and rear

Powerflex m3 offset control arm bushes

Hartge Fibreglass front

Cloth sport interior (Ripped :( )

Done nothing to it in the last month, got a motorbike instead...

And finally got a new camera, so first attempts with it...

post-2681-1286950133.jpg

========================================================================

Ok, so apparently I havent even updated this within the last year haha. 13 months exactly to be exact.

Nothing has happened much really. Cleaned it maybe 5 times, took it to a gravel autocross in dannevirke and bottomed it out a few times, snapped 2 alternator mounts and blew an alternator bush. stuffed the radiator full of putty because I didnt want to pay for a new one. All the good stuff really.

post-2681-1321163173.jpg

About 3 months ago I found an e34 525i with a blown auto box...Got a (relatively) good price (for palmy) to take the engine, ancillaries, loom, ecu, basically anything I wanted from the engine bay etc.

Ive been slowly amassing the other parts, and have finally bothered sorting it out.

The engine is in there, mostly wired + plumbed, still need a couple parts though (looking for the Y shape tubular steel m5x manifolds if anyones got some?)

Have had some (major problems):

Snapped subframe bolt (extractor snapped off, engineer helicoiled it)

Left rear half of driveshaft attached because I was lazy towing it to the engineer = new fuel tank.

Lazy in general and lacking motivation.

Went to bend heater core lines, lower one is apparently plastic and snapped it in half. Will just not have a heater until I can be bothered sorting it out.

Edited by Ven

Looks awesome, I know the terrible feeling of parting out a pride and joy to re shell it in another one. Good to see your sticking with the E30 love.

Mhmmmmmm10. Cool

Good stuff! 2.5 going in then?

looking mint! i just love how good the white paint turns out after a clean, my 316 just had its 1st clean in a year :blink:

Jealous of the wheels, good to catch up last night, will be looking fiiiiine with the suspension setup you have coming :)

Cheers everyone, yeah josh good catch up, will be posting pics of it with new suspension, which will hopefully be in by the end of the week. 2.5 wont be going in as its buggered, knocking noises and lots of smoke haha. Will be leaving it as a baby 1.8 for now, will decide what I want to do engine wise later

Car looks great, good to see a p/fl and the new suspension bits will set it off perfectly. Love Hartges!

You don't just happen to have a fuel injection relay (nine pin with the numbers 5WK2244) available from one of those cars? I need one to get our M10 318 running properly. It's stock standard at present and staying that way for the next 6 months or more as we have other projects to complete.

Looks good Brad - thought it looked like you had a different front on when you went past us! Looks awesome!

Cheers kerry,

And the Hartges are odd - 15x7's. Have only seen a couple around, seem to be fairly obscure.

Cheers kerry,

And the Hartges are odd - 15x7's. Have only seen a couple around, seem to be fairly obscure.

If you ever want to sell........ Let me know!!

Front kit looks sweet, keep it sideskirt-less with a nice rear wing (all the cool kids do that now ^_^ )

It is a shame I couldn't get a closer look at a million miles an hour when I saw it Friday.

Keep up the good work!

Im not too sure if i want a larger wing, i like the lip but i want to know what itd be like with a bit more of a wing, maybe at mtech 2 or a hartge to keep the hartge love going.

The plates a german plate, been pulled up a few times with comments such as interesting plate, but no problems with it being illegal, it was a 21st present from the missus haha

Original post edited, been 13 months, wow how time disappears...

Need m52 stainless y manifolds if anyone's got any?

how are you finding doing the M50 conversion on a prefacelift car? Its well worth it though youll have fun! even more than me seeing as your coming from an M10!

Seems to be going ok, main things that held me up were/are laziness and no motivation as I have other vehicles. I did get some really lucky scores along the way, got the clutch/flywheel/engine mounts/transmission crossmember already modified etc off Jacko when he parted his out (thanks heaps)

Scored a golf mk2 booster for 20 bucks out of pickapart too, so that helped.

Yeah, twice the horse of the m10 should keep me happy for at least a couple months haha :P

Alright, so im getting there slowly...

Went and bought oil for the engine and fuel for the new tank.

Decided I couldnt be bothered fully checking over the wiring harness I made up semi-drunk, and plugged it all in, minus ECU.

Turned key on, starter cranked over fine, everything else seemed to work, apart from I couldnt hear the fuel pump going, realised its part of the ECU's job.

Decided to plug in the ECU and tried cranking it, bit of popping and burbling then died. Realised id forgotten to attach the MAF to the rubber boot. Did so.

Crank crank crank...

Pretty sure the whole neighbourhood would have heard it fire up, revved it a couple times then turned it off.

At least she runs.

Whats left :

Get a drivebelt suitable for the job

Attach fan to car or radiator

Wire said fan

connect radiator + fill/bleed

tidy all the dirty wiring, some sort of custom/oem looking jobby for ECU (e34 loom :( )

modify m52 SS headers + make up dowpipes

sort out gearshift mechanism, then driveshaft + exhaust install

aaaand other stuff ive probably forgotten.

Jeez, another six weeks of my life wasted...

Ok finally sourced a driveshaft...turns out I have the wider flange on the g260 - doh. the other one i had doesnt fit due to shaft size differences. doh.

Have finished 99% of engine loom wiring, made a box for ecu, mounts for relays etc, attached the fan to the radiator, clamped all the hoses up. Have sorted out gear shift linkages etc etc.

All thats left is find the right output flange for the g260, put the driveshaft in. Theres 2 more wires for the engine (up under the dash - prefacelift. Also need to wire up the fan to the thermoswitch in the radiator.

Then, just need to weld up my exhaust and it should be done. Probably will take me another 6 weeks due to losing motivation every time something goes wrong, which is every time I try to work on it haha.

Will post photos of progress at some point...