Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

The Dirty Dozen does Pukekohe Raceway 30/10/2010

That didn't even sound that good lancelot, I think your going to have to bring it to the pub on thurs for us to hear properly :D

nice , but i like this one better .

There is the answer to what we were talking about last night Brent :)

Wowow!

When can I come see? Keen to crack open a woody for ya man. :D

Wowow!

When can I come see? Keen to crack open a woody for ya man. :D

Come out on Saturday if ya want..should have the interior back in by then..

All systems are a go.. and the brakes work :D Big smile on my face... effortless silk is how I would describe her maiden voyage around the Drury Nordschleife. Definitely a completely different machine than the E32 boat which is now where every E32 should be.. DEAD and ROTTING away in the paddock. stupid boat cars. The little burst of acceleration was exciting. I could almost feel the fear coming from the passengers seat.

All in all extremely happy with my first drive in an E34 550i. All went smoothly, always a bit scary taking something on its maiden voyage.. but brakes passed all of my safety checks, although I forgot to give my passenger warning that I was about to test the brakes... Sorry if youve got whiplash Marty... The steering was nice and tight, no wobbles or vibrations, no strange noises.

Once confident I slowly increased speed and she sat very nicely at 100km/h doing under 1900rpm. Acceleration from a standstill is definitly more noticeable than the old 750il. A combination of lighter car and lower ratio diff is a plus in every which way.

Now back to finish putting all the interior and things back together..

Edited by melowpuf

All systems are a go.. and the brakes work :D Big smile on my face... effortless silk is how I would describe her maiden voyage around the Drury Nordschleife. Definitely a completely different machine than the E32 boat which is now where every E32 should be.. DEAD and ROTTING away in the paddock. stupid boat cars. The little burst of acceleration was exciting. I could almost feel the fear coming from the passengers seat.

:D , was that feel the fear or smell it?

cheers Lance. it is a definate improvement over the 7 series.

and yes,the lump on my forehead will go,sometime tomorrow

m

Great work Lance.....when do I get to see it ?

Nice one ;) now get the rest finished

Nice Lance - when's my ride? :P

Are you using Marty's LSD?

Nice Lance - when's my ride? :P

Are you using Marty's LSD?

Heh I want to drive it more, it was a teaser last night. We only did 2 laps.. Marty drove the second lap.. so really I have only had a mere 5 minutes at the most of driving it. All must wait for the cert man to come out on the 26th.

Yeah ended up using Marty's diff.. and I'm glad I did :P

Awesome! do a skid

What exhaust are you running Lance?

Have just shortened the standard 750il exhaust for the time being.. thats what the certifier man said to do to make certifying easy.

It is very quiet, if it wasnt for one minor thing which will bug me I would probably just leave it as it is. But because of this one thing I will alter the exhaust slightly - likely remove the centre muffler, but I hate droning exhausts with a passion so I will have to do a bit of experimenting to find an acceptable solution.

Thanks for the awesome ride Lance , very impressed with the whole project . Cheers

Thanks for the awesome ride Lance , very impressed with the whole project . Cheers

Thanks Darryl, let me know when you want the e23 converted :P

MINT! Soo keen to check this out Lance. You'll be a free man on the 26th with the cert done :D

Its getting there Nick... bit annoyed about having to drill holes in my floor for some stupid bolts for a stupid driveshaft hoop.. but rules are rules..

Mark Stokes (certifier) was saying they are trying to get it changed so if you are not using a rubber guibo, you wont need a driveshaft hoop... but not sure when/if that will happen..

Bring on the 26th..

Saw this again on Friday, looks awesome Lance.

Second one I've seen lately.

Saw this again on Friday, looks awesome Lance.

Second one I've seen lately.

Yeah I wouldnt mind going to have a chat to mr Barrie about how he tackled a few issues I ran into.. But I am certain his budget was a lot higher than mine was...

So far my budget has been blown by $180... that includes the addition of this strange thing that makes both my rear wheels leave black marks on the ground..

Traction control doesnt work.. booohoooo... I will persist and make it work..

Would have thought launch control would be more appropriate? :rolleyes:

Would have thought launch control would be more appropriate? :rolleyes:

Hah no we dont like launching.. launching breaks things.. broked things is money.. money is better spent on non broked things.. like more expensive things that can break.. I do hope i learn really quickly that if you push the right foot pedal to the floor it makes loud noises and loud noises mean.. RAAAAAAAAAAAR.. the whole getting to 100km/h really quickly is addictive..

I will have to do a Puke trackday at least once.. and then ban myself from driving it..

I banned myself from buying a 540i untill I was 28.. I have kept true to my word.. I havnt bought one yet..

I blame EVERYTHING on Marty.. he is a bad influence..

Edited by melowpuf

Last comment, so true. :rolleyes:

I banned myself from buying a 540i untill I was 28.. I have kept true to my word.. I havnt bought one yet..

I blame EVERYTHING on Marty.. he is a bad influence..

cant help it Lance,

"more is better/bigger is faster/faster is addictive", its a never ending cycle-i should know

ALMOST LEGAL!!! Woohooo certifier came out to visit today. Quite a nervous couple of hours. The emissions test was a bit scary with his probes and stuff. But she passed with a steady 13.5:1. Two minor things pointed out which were fixed half an hour after he left..

1. Needed a radiatior shroud.. picked one up this afternoon.

2. Right rear wheel rub.. had to trim 5mm off the inside of the schnitzer kit and rolled the inner lip on the guard slightly for good measure.

The certifier was happy to sign it off. Now waiting for the Cert plate to arrive.

As I want to drive it I took it through for a WOF this afternoon just to make sure everything is up to the legal safety requirements.

Flew through its warrant all signed off and passed with the tester going to get the sticker.. UNTILL one of the other warrant guys came over to have a nosey. Had a good chat to him and was trying to get away as he obviously had some knowledge of the E34's. The sticker man came back to check the VIN #, popped the bonnet and the other guy went hrmmmmmm, thats not right.. wheres your cert plate.. DOH!!

So I have a WOF sheet with a pass, but no WOF sticker until my cert plate arrives which he says will take 5-7 working days..

How can a week seem so far away.. Its like the night before christmas when I was little.