Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

The Dirty Dozen does Pukekohe Raceway 30/10/2010

Pure Awesome Lance!

100% badass!

if it was me i think id be leaving it automatic. towpigs are always better in auto imo and it wont cost you anything because you already have the auto box (i assume?)

if it was me i think id be leaving it automatic. towpigs are always better in auto imo and it wont cost you anything because you already have the auto box (i assume?)

Corners.....sideways.....controlled.....

Have you not heard an auto change gears?? they sound DUMB.....

But yes as you have said.. cost wise.. for now she is an auto.. but definitly in the game plan to get that 6speed behind her in the not to distant future. I dont mind towing with a manual, thats what real boys do..

An E34 550, just makes so much sense!

Why didn't BMW do it?

Excellent project!

Why didn't they?? I still ask myself this after tinkering away, everything is there.. it fits.. I think it may have eaten into the e31 sales too much.. I also ask myself why the m70 is so de-tuned.

The whole excercise is definitly not for a "performance" upgrade.. I could spend the same amount of money on modifications to a 6 cylinder and get alot better gains from it..

Its about a dream and a little boy fulfilling that dream. I'm almost there..

Edited by melowpuf

Slightly more than the m60b40..

factory specs are as follows:

Max power: 220 kW (295 hp) @ 5300 rpm

Max torque: 450 N·m (330 lb·ft) @ 4000 rpm

so take into account it is now 20 years old.. so probably half those figures???

nothing spectacular..

Corners.....sideways.....controlled.....

Have you not heard an auto change gears?? they sound DUMB.....

But yes as you have said.. cost wise.. for now she is an auto.. but definitly in the game plan to get that 6speed behind her in the not to distant future. I dont mind towing with a manual, thats what real boys do..

dont get the impression i am an autowhore haha. my 320i was auto and i hated it and i loved it when i conveted to manual. I got the impression this was going to be primarily a tow vehicle hence the auto thing. as a DD i would got manul of course! sorry for confusion!

dont get the impression i am an autowhore haha. my 320i was auto and i hated it and i loved it when i conveted to manual. I got the impression this was going to be primarily a tow vehicle hence the auto thing. as a DD i would got manul of course! sorry for confusion!

Ah sorry, its primary function will be a weekend play toy.. the E34 doesnt have a towbar.

If it was to be a daily driver then I agree auto would be the way to go.. the E32 was a nice cruise mobile.. slap it in drive and off you go..

but as a play toy I would get bored very quickly with an auto..

Edited by melowpuf

Guest Simon*

Creeps me out when you talk about "little boys and dreams" Lance but great job! :D

Good luck finding that gearbox - I thought the 420G was hard enough!

ITS ALIVE!! *jumps up and down* although VERY VERY VERY loudly.. like a spitfire loud.. no exhaust sounds scary.. suprised myself with how easily she fired and started up..

My temporary measure of joining the trans lines with hose didnt work so well, - I have to wash Marty's car's now because of the explosion.

Now the process of routing the rest of the E32 harness inside the body and putting the interior back together. Quite pleased with the boot loom (tail lights/lock) being the only spliced wires in the whole transplant. And tighten the leaking power steering return line.

I opted for the "hard" way as some may say, and transferred the entire wiring from bumper to bumper across. I saw it as being too much of a headache splicing body looms into eachother which stemmed mainly from the fly by wire loom running across the front of the dashboard.

As from day one I wanted a reliable transplant if that meant transfer EVERYTHING then so be it..

Edited by melowpuf

nice work ... if only you got a sound clip from when you fired her up

nice work ... if only you got a sound clip from when you fired her up

I wasn't actually expecting it to fire... so wasnt really prepared.. Ill take a vid with no exhaust tonight briefly though.. it is rather loud and don't want to annoy the country folk any more than I have..

be carefull running it with no exhaust. can damage the engine. running it for a few seconds is ok though

well done on getting it going

Edited by e30li

congratulations mate! cant wait to watch the vid when i get home from work!

Good sh*t Lance - can I vew this beast when I pop round?

Good sh*t Lance - can I vew this beast when I pop round?

maybe.. I still hate you though..

Sound clip done yet? :P

maybe.. I still hate you though..

Jealous :P. Convert this to manual and all will be solved!