Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

The Dirty Dozen does Pukekohe Raceway 30/10/2010

Good work Lance. Are you going to drive it to work every day?

Oh and after a drive of a 750i I no longer see this as the most pointless conversion in the world, so much urge with so little fuss.

I wish I could use it as a daily.. but sadly no.. I will use it for a few weeks to get a feel for it and to iron out any kinks that have not been noticed yet.. plan to venture up to Opononi on Queens Birthday weekend so that will be the final test that makes me happy..

good going matey.the long cold nights in the open plan shed have paid off.

did you get the 'rubbing' fixed? or did you lose some weight instead ^_^ .

Cert guy was a 'giant' of a man.i'm sure the car leaned into righhand bends

good going matey.the long cold nights in the open plan shed have paid off.

did you get the 'rubbing' fixed? or did you lose some weight instead ^_^ .

Cert guy was a 'giant' of a man.i'm sure the car leaned into righhand bends

Haha hush Marty.. he was a friendly 'giant' of a man.. I could not replicate the rubbing of the arches after the guard rolling.. maybe the twisting and pulling from the "beaching" helped..

I have to thank some people too..

I would first of all like to thank God himself.. for keeping Marty from killing me for taking over the shed..

Then theres Marty.. for *shrugs shoulders*.. burning me with the welder.. convincing me that 5 months of my life was well worth sacrificing.. abusing me everytime I removed a part from the perfectly good 750iL, shaking every bottle of beer I went to open, getting me to learn how to syphon gas (just because im a maori doesnt mean its natural instinct), 5 months of black jokes, ahh has been bliss.. Nup your awesome Marty. Then in no particular order, Marty's wife, Brent, Adrian, Glenn and finally the crazy lady that walks past Marty's house everyday with the beach umbrella singing (screeching like a run over cat). She reminded me that there is always someone just as crazy out there in the world.

Guest Simon*

Nice one Lance. This is a seriously cool and slightly schizophrenic piece of machinery!

Nice work Lance! Bring it round when it is road legal and we can ogle it over a coffee!

Stupid car.. decided to pay a random visit to the dyno man on the way home from work today, Not having any intention of doing such things when I left for work this morning. One of those impulse things you do.. ooooh lets go to the dyno.. gave the man some money and said make it make loud loud noises..

Im not sure if I'm happy or unhappy now.. she has done over 300000km.. I had a figure in my head that I would have been happy with.. didn't quite make that figure, but still respectable given its age.

Things can only get better from here I suppose.. I have made some purchases this past month which are sitting on the shelf waiting for me to be able to get some time to carry on with stage 2. stage 3 is trying to jump forward aswell but that has to stay on hold till stage 2 is completed.

Anyhow decided to do a base run today with exactly how it is and how it has been driving for the past few months. She is getting more and more addictive. I have now set some performance goals inside my head, which I must achieve in stage 3... and before anyone asks the numbers from todays run are somewhere between 100-250kW and 200-300hp

Damn, its sounds the business! B)

This E34 is so hot!

Needs more specific numbers/funny looking line graph posted :P

Exact numbers will come in due time.. I have new distributors, rotors, and plugs on order and hopefully doing some exhaust work before Taupo. I will do my next run after these have been done and hopefully another one after that in a few months..

Edited by melowpuf

Exciting! :)

I'm keen on another dyno run after the manual conversion, so let me know when you're popping down next

Edited by Ian 540i6

The latest scream around Pukekohe on Saturday with the 2 Ian's. Quite a bit of traffic. must get out onto the track more often.. I am still not at one with the Dirty Dozen.. Bring on the manual conversion..

Wow that was a lot of traffic. Pukekohe open days scare me sometimes.

There was alot more when the road cars and track cars were combined.. that was SCARY!! they split us after the first session.

Guest Simon*

That was cool. I like the way the speed just keeps increasing :)

Nice avoidance of fail-civic too

What speed were you hitting on the straights Lance?

That was cool. I like the way the speed just keeps increasing :)

Nice avoidance of fail-civic too

What speed were you hitting on the straights Lance?

Fastest on the dial that I saw was 220km/h. My exits out of Castrol may as well have been from a standstill haha.. this grasshopper has much to learn, tried sticking in behind Ian (Red e28) to see his lines, but not being able to get the slushy down into first exiting Castrol was a bummer.. 2nd was too high..

I'll say, the traffic looked scary!!!

Was there no instruction re: overtaking into corners etc...

At all open days I've been to at Manfield, the golden rule is no overtaking under brakes into corners.

And have never seen a track day with that much traffic, the front straight looked like the southern M'way FFS

Was just waiting for that Civic to loose it, looked like it was massively over sprung and skating all over the show. Seemed to have plenty of power/speed though.

Yup thats the one. Your absence was noted Max.

Hmm, was it quick? It looked like you were all over it.

Nice work, impressive.

Damn close to that civic :D