Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Selling techniques.

The stock head unit protrudes 1cm out of the dash and has a handle on it so you can carry it around in your M.C Hammer pants. I can’t see it looking any worse haha.

My Clarion looks okay in the 80's interior... has red lighting too.

Take your catfight elsewhere ladies.

Don't make me warn you Simon! ;)

yeah thats one that cracks me up... BRAND NEW VTNZ WOF!!

Fixed! Still a big crack up though.

Was looking at a rough E30 p/fl as a parts car and sales pitch included "you can race these you know" I guess he meant E30s, so I replied "what 320 autos with big fuel leaks and rust holes, really?"

I always play dumb when looking at cars as most sellers can't help but spin some bullsh!t and trip themselves up at some point. "Yeah its a genuine 318 M-Tech M3, really rare and worth heaps" <_<

^yeah i must agree with the MSPEC line. i cannot resist smart comments when salesmen spin me that one.

Biggest yarn I've had spieled to me was when I bought the Range Rover and was told that all the reliability issues are gone in the MKIII ones! Look where that ended up... Still I never listen to others!

when i was looking for an e36 it seemed an awful lot of them had lsd's

Guest Ari Gold

when i was looking for an e36 it seemed an awful lot of them had taken lsd

What, the owners?

I think he means false LSD claims(?)

Another thing is adding a few thousand on because the rims are a month old... So? Depreciation buddy, they're not worth $1500 without tyres now they're on your car.

**Yes Sir its just been fully serviced...**

Really???? Show me the recibt please, Ahhh i see, 4 litres of 30/40 oil and .25 hours labour..... mmmm no filter even??

**...Ahh no mate that only gets changed at 100k along with the cam belt etc...**

RRRRight ok, stand still please while i poke you in the eye with this ballpoint pen -stab!-

Edited by FRT

Love this thread, here is my 2 cents.

The tool who sold me my m3 said this " The stereo still works really well, look how loud it goes"

Like I was paying attention to what the stereo sounded like when I drove it for the first time.

Soon after he was telling me to floor it in 2nd.

He also tried to show me the sale price from new.... lol

Yeah, sale price from new is the biggest thing tools come up with. As well as "think that's meant to be like that but I dunno eh bro" on any little thing you find that is f**ked.

There seem to be a lot of automatic M3s and M5s that come up for sale. The owners are usually pretty gutted when you gently try to break the news that the $25 "M" badge stuck on the boot does not match up with the 1.8L motor, velour comfort seats and 14 inch wheels...